Chiller's Hybrid Level 10

l3p

Limp Gawd
Lets leave eachother alone :)
Have fun with your build !

Last edited:

Chillernr1

Limp Gawd
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn-XeYLtuSg"]‪Front mod stealth dvd drive on Level 10 +Evga SR-2‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Chillernr1

Limp Gawd
There's a new baby coming to me, a Evga GTX285 Classified 1Gb vga, just for PhysX in my rig :

then i will have all Classified stuf in it :

SR-2 Classified mobo
2x GTX580 Classified for FPS
SR-2 1200w Classified Psu
and the gtx285 Classified for PhysX

Last edited:

Chillernr1

Limp Gawd
Last stuf making for vga's, making 5 more of these, cut them on lenght, other side also connectors,
isolate them, make them black :

Chillernr1

Limp Gawd
like this the connectors will be :

each vga 2 connectors, but behind each pair there are 3x 12v rails.
So vga's will get enough power
(and made shure the cables are not to tin for that power transfer)

only those bars need to come at the same hight as the connectors on vga's, so need some curves to get that
(don't mind the dust lol) :

Chillernr1

Limp Gawd
update, first is allmost finished, need some detail work done, and made black, but it works like a sharm and no cables there anymore :

silent-circuit

[H]F Junkie
I've actually seen the "power rail" concept before, and it looks nice, but I'd try to clean up that soldering work. Maybe get some spray on rubber product of some kind, or truck bed liner patching stuff?

Much better than the extensions as they were previously, but you could just as easily have cut the extensions to proper length and had a similarly clean look. As is you've got live 12V at high amperage just open in the case -- if something falls and bridges that or someone touches it while active it'll be a bad day. Hopefully the PSU will trip before anything really bad happens, but I wouldn't want to test it. I strongly recommend you get it properly insulated, no exceptions / gaps.

Last edited:

wra18th

Supreme [H]ardness
update, first is allmost finished, need some detail work done, and made black, but it works like a sharm and no cables there anymore :

]

Not for nothing but that is one hell of a great idea. I approve. :cool:

Chillernr1

Limp Gawd
I've actually seen the "power rail" concept before, and it looks nice, but I'd try to clean up that soldering work. Maybe get some spray on rubber product of some kind, or truck bed liner patching stuff?

Much better than the extensions as they were previously, but you could just as easily have cut the extensions to proper length and had a similarly clean look. As is you've got live 12V at high amperage just open in the case -- if something falls and bridges that or someone touches it while active it'll be a bad day. Hopefully the PSU will trip before anything really bad happens, but I wouldn't want to test it. I strongly recommend you get it properly insulated, no exceptions / gaps.

I is not finished yet, it need to be insulated offcourse and the solder work need to be clean also and get back.

Not for nothing but that is one hell of a great idea. I approve. :cool:

thanks

Chillernr1

Limp Gawd
Little update : Next copper bars are bended the same and almost on the good lenght, and 2 PciE connectors are almost ready to :

crazzyxjoex

Weaksauce
have you thought of desoldering the 8-pin and 24pin connections on your motherboard and putting it in reverse on the back?

Chillernr1

Limp Gawd
yes, but not with this mobo, costs a little to much for that, that's why i made 90° connector for it.

Chillernr1

Limp Gawd
little update, needs some finishing off, thirth vga adding for PhysX, bodem plate placing in, and remove dust :

Chillernr1

Limp Gawd
some pics of extra PhysX vga that arrived,

some adjustment on fan, fan did make noise above 80%, fixed
New cooling paste on GPU = Evga Frostbite, fixed
New thermal pads better conductivity, fixed
Cleaned out, fixed

Chillernr1

Limp Gawd
some small adjustments in rig,
so really everything is how i whant it :

this res comes in place of the top Coolit pump,
and the one under it will be changed by a koolance PMP-400 :

Bitspower Z-Multi 40mm Water Tank - Ice Red

also will ad a fan red led in bottom plate for some extra air for vga's.
ad some small red smoke acryl plates for finishing overal look when case is open to hide cables.

And then it's really finished like i whant it !

Chillernr1

Limp Gawd
Removed the two Coolit pumps and replaced them with :

Swiftech MCP355
Aquacomputer top
koolance heatsink
Bitspower Z-multi red 40mm res

Temps are little lower now, higher flow.

Just need to make a nice mounting for the pump res combo (strapped for now) ,
make a fan in the bottom and finishing some stuff of cables and red acyl.