Cat WHQL 10.5 Released

People on Rage3D are saying the same thing. LOL ATI.

ROFL

That's horrible. I had the long load times with my trifire setup, then pretty much the day it got fixed was when I switched to a pair of GTX 480, which also had the long load times. Finally Nvidia fixes it with the 256 drivers and now ATI has it again.

It's the most frustrating thing to die right after spawning on Valpo or Isla defense because the enemy is already in your base. Or on Arica offense, you've got a LONG walk with all the vehicles gone. Then if you're a UAV whore like me, chances are that someone has already taken it and crashed it before you spawn into the match for the first time. This is truly one of the most annoying bugs I've ever seen in a game.

Still nothing about fixing the mouse corruption issue. I have in some games such as starcraft II and heroes of newerth. I really hate the bug too. The only way to fix it is to restart the computer or go into sleep and back out.

if you check @CatalystMaker's twitter tweeted about it:

RT @XandeAssis_: @CatalystMaker the mouse issue and 2D issue still remains under Win7 64... Can u help me? ME - update your mobo BIOS

BC2 Load times are the same for me with these drivers. Not a single problem here. Super fast.

You guys like these? Beta testers on Rage are saying 10.4a is still the better driver.

That's the driver I'm still using on my 5870s.

Does this fix the issue with eyefinity and the monitor w/ active adapter going to sleep? The one that was introduced in 10.4a and subsequent drivers, but not 10.3b and the ones prior? Guess I'll install it and see for myself.

Does this fix the issue with eyefinity and the monitor w/ active adapter going to sleep? The one that was introduced in 10.4a and subsequent drivers, but not 10.3b and the ones prior? Guess I'll install it and see for myself.

No, this does not fix that issue. My DisplayPort adapter monitor is still going to sleep.

You can fix the 2d multiple monitor clocks by modifying a config file. So no - it has nothing to do with Powerplay.

The cards still idle at 400/1000 but if you enable Overdrive they idle at 157/1000 and if you overclock there is not flickering anymore (because the clocks don't go down to 157/300).

I'll have to recant my comment. Today when I turned on my computer I noticed that the card wasn't idling at 157 anymore and was back at 400MHz.

FFFFFUUUUUU

You can fix the 2d multiple monitor clocks by modifying a config file. So no - it has nothing to do with Powerplay.

Please, do enlighten us.

Why is everyone bitching about their card idling at 400/1200 with dual/triple monitors? They did this because the cards at 157/300 can't power more than one display without flickering.

Maybe because those clocks could be lower? The core clock doesn't need to be 400, 157 is fine. It's the memory clock that matters.

Not everyone has huge ass cases (higher clocks = more heat = more noise).

Last edited:
Having a weird problem here with the 10.5's. Oddly enough, I had the same problem with the 10.5 betas when I tried those, and chalked it off to a mere beta bug that would get fixed in the final release, and went back to 10.4a. It's not!

Problem: Even after multiple uninstalls and reinstalls, what happens with the 10.5's is that the Overdrive tab simply doesn't function at all. I can check any option I care to, hit Apply, or OK, and immediately the option is turned off and the check box cleared. Even when I hit "defaults", nothing happens and nothing changes. All other driver tabs function fine.

I have overdrive enabled in the 10.5's when I install them because that's the way I set up 10.4a. This indicates to me that although I used the Express Uninstall All ATi Software option from the Install Manager, some of the previous driver settings are not being uninstalled, either by the 10.4a Express Uninstall, or else the 10.5 install isn't writing in the proper values for some reason. Anyway, I've never had this problem before with any Catalyst install. I'm especially irked because I like to set custom fan-speed values in my CCC game profiles--and can't do that with the 10.5's, or setup any gpu overclocks, although I rarely do that.

I'm wondering if anyone here has a suggestion, or happens to know where the Cat settings files that are carried over into a new driver install are stored--maybe deleting those after the 104a uninstall but before the 10.5 install would solve the problem.
It's weird because I'm not reading posts from anyone having the same problem with the 10.5's, and so think it has to be related specifically to my system, but darned if I can figure out what it is...;)

I had to install 3 separate times last night. I keep hearing about how the install process is simple, and to just install right over the old ones... FAIL.

1st attempt: During the original install of 10.5 over the top of 10.3, my monitors all went black and wouldn't wake up. I had an Eyefinity display group active at the time.

Rebooted into VGA mode, used the command line uninstaller, ran Driver Sweeper, installed 10.5, rebooted, and then CCC wouldn't work at all. The drivers seemed to be installed fine, just no ability to launch CCC.

Rebooted into VGA mode again. Used the command line uninstaller, ran driver sweeper, then Rebooted. Ran the install again and all appears to be working fine.

Rebooted into VGA mode again. Used the command line uninstaller, ran driver sweeper, then Rebooted. Ran the install again and all appears to be working fine.

Yes, thanks--it's a bit frustrating, isn't it? And to think I thought this was a beta bug that would be fixed in the final 10.5 release!

Yes, unfortunately, I also uninstalled all the way into VGA at least once just to make sure everything was being cleared out by the 10.4a uninstall no dice--10.5 Overdrive tab is still inoperable, so I'm currently back with the 10.4a's where it works. I've thought of something else I'm going to try and will get back here if I succeed. Thanks much for the comment!

I apologize if I missed it but have the HD playback issues been fixed?

Maybe because those clocks could be lower? The core clock doesn't need to be 400, 157 is fine. It's the memory clock that matters.

Not everyone has huge ass cases (higher clocks = more heat = more noise).
I've found that the memory clocks are what generates the most heat at idle, though. That and voltage. So it's not going to be a big difference.

Also, my card would idle around 50*C clocked at 400/1300 in my P182B, which is a normal midsize case. That seems acceptable to me.. ?

My question here is. You know the single player mission in Bad Company 2 where you ride a tank?

When BC2 launched, the drivers had static on the scanline-rich greenish monitor you saw out of the tank of, then drivers removed them, and they're still gone. Were they not meant to be in there in the first place?

Someone twitter DICE and ask.

Why is everyone bitching about their card idling at 400/1200 with dual/triple monitors? They did this because the cards at 157/300 can't power more than one display without flickering.

mine idles at 175/300. i have 3 screens w/ no flickering. with my fan profile i keep my card down at 37C at idle

btw is this even worth downloading? everyone seems to be complaining about it

mine idles at 175/300. i have 3 screens w/ no flickering. with my fan profile i keep my card down at 37C at idle

btw is this even worth downloading? everyone seems to be complaining about it
It seems to be a hit or miss thing :\ Are you overclocking with Overdrive?

I might have missed it, but did anyone get a FPS boost using these over the 10.4s on the new DX11 AVP benchmark?

I can't speak for everyone here, but my beef with this is that I'm only running a single monitor. If my idle clocks were 157/300 in 10.4, why can't they stay the same in 10.5?

So...

Did anyone actually find a single benefit to 10.5? Looks like just problem after problem. GO AMD!

*sigh*

Does this mean my 4850 will not GSOD whenever I enable Overdrive and running multiple monitors?

If the feature was not supported before, why would it even let you enable Overdrive with multiple monitors hooked up in the first place?

Damn, that's still an issue? I had that same problem back when I had my 4850 last year. ATI you fail :(

So...

Did anyone actually find a single benefit to 10.5? Looks like just problem after problem. GO AMD!

*sigh*
Works the same for me as 10.5 betas from April did. 10.4a had multimonitor flickering for me that the 10.5 base fixed. 10.5 > 10.4 for me, although I am an Eyefinity/CFX user..

Profile settings work more reliably
Monitor positions are remembered more reliably.
You can now RDP into computers without CCC going nuts
No more flickering in Windows with multiple monitors and overclocking

50c @ 23% fan
vs
40c @ 20% fan
Just idling.

That's the difference between sweating my ass off and .. not.

Back