Calling Logitechfreak

Status
Not open for further replies.
update on anandtech

WAT THE HELL.. how come only 10 people filed?? I just want to let the ppl who didnt file reports know that they are extrememly selfish for not filing reports not because they wont get their moneh back but also affect other victims as well.... I am out $410 for this and who is going to give me back those money??? remind me never deal in hardfourm anymore, people are selfish and dont give crap about each other

Not for nothing, but where do you get off accusing people of being selfish? All you're doing is enabling more scammers because they clearly can see how they turn the community against itself. I understand you're out $410, I'm out $120. I'm a single father with a 2 1/2 year old son, and at this point I can't afford to lose money. But I would never call another person selfish because they did not file a complaint. Out of all honesty, we would never see our money again anyway even IF everyone filed and he was prosecuted. Yes, I filed a report, yes I faxed it in. Live and learn man, not everything can go your way, thats life. Don't come onto OUR forums and start crapping OUR threads about OUR members. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, this is the first time I have ever had a bad experience. Better luck to you in the future, as well to us all.

Lesson learned: scam a number of people for relatively small amounts of money, then walk away with no practical consequences.

dude wat the hell are you talking about? I am from hardforum not anadtech, I dealt with LF in here and lost money, I AM the one who started the victim list and tried to help everyone including myself recover the money that LF fucking scammed us. Now you fucking turn around and say i m threadcrapping?? I dont know what is it that you are smoking

Either way, if you are encouraging scammers or just letting Chris Chartier off the hook in this by NOT filing police reports, I think you are selfish either way, if you dont care about your money thats fine, but there are 40+ other ppl who are invovled in this and you are not helping the situation at all.

Not for nothing, but where do you get off accusing people of being selfish? All you're doing is enabling more scammers because they clearly can see how they turn the community against itself. I understand you're out $410, I'm out $120. I'm a single father with a 2 1/2 year old son, and at this point I can't afford to lose money. But I would never call another person selfish because they did not file a complaint. Out of all honesty, we would never see our money again anyway even IF everyone filed and he was prosecuted. Yes, I filed a report, yes I faxed it in. Live and learn man, not everything can go your way, thats life. Don't come onto OUR forums and start crapping OUR threads about OUR members. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, this is the first time I have ever had a bad experience. Better luck to you in the future, as well to us all.

If you can read what I posted, it clearly says I DID FILE and fax my report to Pulaski county. I did my part. I understand you started the thread and what you did was great. I would say calling us "selfish" is crapping on us. You have to understand, in the real world, stuff happens like this everyday and is brushed off by the authorities. Guess what, we live in the real world. Its as simple as that.

Just got an email from Chris.

hey matt im really sorry about this whole thing.. i can issue you a refund in about 2-4 weeks through a fedex or ups money order

Let's see if he holds up.

EDIT: I think it was from his mom, not Chris.

I too e-mailed [email protected] and received a response almost immediately:

---

hello doug,

chris does not have a 20x sata dvd-rw here.. the only 20x dvd-rw he has is an ide with the black front
i have the floppy here too but i do not see and blue led fans labeled yate loon.

there is two gigabyte blue led fans here though.

all i could offer you is a partical refund and what items you will want or a full refund.

---

Then, I replied and asked for her to send me everything she mentioned, and include a $10 refund for the missing items... I again receive a response immediately:

---

dear doug,

i do not have a paypal account, nor will i ever i will not put my credit card or bank account information online.

i would include a money order of $10 inside the packaged box when sent.

please send me your address and i will have the items and money order sent out asap

---

I reply with my address and cross my fingers and hope something actually arrives :)

[email protected]....

is chris. not his mom...

a while back before the first whole lot of incidents went down with him under the 'darkside50420' name i was emailing him (chris) through that email address...

just wanted to point that out to you all, just incase..

Yeah, and no offense to you tech savvy moms out there, but how many mothers of 20 year old kids today know anything about computer hardware?

[email protected]....

is chris. not his mom...

a while back before the first whole lot of incidents went down with him under the 'darkside50420' name i was emailing him (chris) through that email address...

just wanted to point that out to you all, just incase..

hate to burst your bubble it might be his email address but it is indeed his mother.

she has taken over the communication because chris just isnt great on communication and has a pretty bad temper when frustrated, so to prevent any problems she took over everything to ensure his name will be clear.

chris is working two jobs now and is doing this with little sleep he works from 7am to 4pm and 5pm to 2am.

give this guy some time and you guys should have your items or money.

i was in a transaction with LF too and recently got a partial refund and my item i purchased.

hate to burst your bubble it might be his email address but it is indeed his mother.

she has taken over the communication because chris just isnt great on communication and has a pretty bad temper when frustrated, so to prevent any problems she took over everything to ensure his name will be clear.

chris is working two jobs now and is doing this with little sleep he works from 7am to 4pm and 5pm to 2am.

i was in a transaction with LF too and recently got a partial refund and my item i purchased.

You sure are a trusting one...

BTW this is santa clause pfunk stepped out for a minute.

You sure are a trusting one...

BTW this is santa clause pfunk stepped out for a minute.

lol, yeah, dont trust everything you read, dK'...

if you werent here for the last 'Chris Catastrophe', when he was known as 'Darkside50420' he did the same shit and used emailing as a way to get 'good' with the buyers he had scammed..

I had a feeling all this crap would happen again when i found out he was under the new name (LogitechFreak) earlier this year, and a few others knew as well..

ive had him on AIM since way before the 1st incident went down when he was a good seller.. talked to him a lot, before that 1st whole mess of scammings, last thing he told me was he was gonna kill himself and not pay anyone (which i mentioned in the earlier thread).

a few months later, i noticed he was logging into AIM again and started communication back with me, i found out he was logitech freak, which he never told me i just found it out myself, then brought it up to him, then he confirmed it to me..

he went on to tell me that he was 'all good' now and better off with his life and what not..

i didnt go online for much after that due to personal stuff, and recently i come back as a frequent [H]forumer and then i see all this crap going on all over again..

so i cant say im surprised this happened, and whenever he does log into AIM he doesnt reply at all after i just say something like "yo" or whatever.. (and i wouldnt be surprised if he blocks me if he reads this)

I had a feeling all this crap would happen again when i found out he was under the new name (LogitechFreak) earlier this year, and a few others knew as well..

Not trying to blame you for Chris's action, but if you knew about a banned bad trader back under a new name, and didn't say anything... there's blood on your hands too.

What a travesty. Really, this whole thing is a comedy of errors.

There are a few safeguards which could have gone a long ways towards preventing this mess. I'll leave it to the rational thinkers out there to figure those out for themselves.

If you can read what I posted, it clearly says I DID FILE and fax my report to Pulaski county. I did my part. I understand you started the thread and what you did was great. I would say calling us "selfish" is crapping on us. You have to understand, in the real world, stuff happens like this everyday and is brushed off by the authorities. Guess what, we live in the real world. Its as simple as that.

If you don't file the authorities have nothing to do with it getting "brushed off" because you're not even getting it to them. I understand fully where newbi's coming from and I agree with him. If no-one files and a scammer never gets busted then he moves on and scams others. It's just as much the fault of those not filing police reports as it is the scammer because they could've stopped him and didn't. I'm not saying you in particular but the ones that aren't filing. If it ends up that LF doesn't get prosecuted over this because there weren't enough police reports filed then everyone that didn't want to be bothered with filing should be ashamed of themselves and if he does it again because this time he got away scott free then they're all culpable in a way for allowing him the latitude to do it.

I am sorry for my strong wordings before, but it just pisses me off knowing that he will probably be get away with this just because we didn't file enough reports. ALL VICTIMS, YOU NEED TO FILE YOUR REPORT! there's nothing from stopping us from filing them and foward them to the sheriff!! if we have enough. they might as well change their mind and get him prosecuted. if we do it in time that is!

I am interested to know what kinda partial refund you got? in what form? can you give us the prove that got refunded? receipt, scans?

You joined the forum nov 3, which is shortly just before this thread has started, and you havent posted any posts in the "for sale/trade", I am sorry to have to question you but please prove me wrong that you are not LF himself or related to him

I am interested to know what kinda partial refund you got? in what form? can you give us the prove that got refunded? receipt, scans?

You joined the forum nov 3, which is shortly just before this thread has started, and you havent posted any posts in the "for sale/trade", I am sorry to have to question you but please prove me wrong that you are not LF himself or related to him

what reason do i have to post in the forsale section? just because i pm someone with something i wanted and didnt bump there thread means im LF thats really in insult to me..

i got about 1/4($10) of my money returned via usps money order.

item i bought wasnt too expensive.. only $50 item.. was a 1gb set of ddr400 ram geil ram.

people join everyday man.. just like yall accussing prentice of being LF when he wasn't..
you guys here at [H] really are dicks..

how would i even have a receipt when his mom was the one who shipped me the ram and refund? stop fucking accusing people..

Not trying to blame you for Chris's action, but if you knew about a banned bad trader back under a new name, and didn't say anything... there's blood on your hands too.

I understand what you mean, and i know it was already mentioned at anandtech when he joined under a new name after the last one being banned.. but there were people there that were reputable there, backing him up, and stating that he was better and got his shit together so it was dissmissed in my mind and i carried on with my life and never thought it needed reiteration as people already knew.. i guess its just not many people that browse there browse here as well.. also realize i didn't like hold a gun to his head making him scam people so i do not feel the least bit guilty for his actions.

After looking over DKs posts he does seem like LF. I wish I was a mod so I could check his IP against LFs IPs.
If Im wrong DK Im sorry but he's done stuff like this before.

Thead at hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1240283 said:
finally i found you... where is my package matt?

its been almost 3 weeks now and i still have nothing.. and your tracking number does not work.

you have not even answered my emails

Sounds like hes saying he's having the same issue with another sell as we're having with LF

After looking over DKs posts he does seem like LF. I wish I was a mod so I could check his IP against LFs IPs.
If Im wrong DK Im sorry but he's done stuff like this before.

Sounds like hes saying he's having the same issue with another sell as we're having with LF

Unless you know for sure, keep your mouth shut or take it to PM.

I'll repeat this: this scam was exacerbated because some individuals refused to recognize that deals were too good to be true, even after waiting an inordinate amount of time. But rather than warn the community, some buyers kept waiting for that pie-in-the-sky deal to show up on their doorstep.

There are even people like Prentice who claim they were ripped off, yet still leave positive heat? What the hell? Still only 2 negative feedbacks:

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=58494

Sales and trades in our little neck of the woods - the computer enthusiast community - are based on trust. I've lost trust for many (not all!) of they buyers in this thread, as well as the scammer.

And the sad part is those who were ripped off won't even help each other to deliver some justice to the case.

I honestly don't have time to file and do all this legwork. I am out $15. I have a almost 3 month old daughter at home. I would rather spend my free time with her then going to the Police to file a report over $15.

I honestly don't have time to file and do all this legwork. I am out $15. I have a almost 3 month old daughter at home. I would rather spend my free time with her then going to the Police to file a report over $15.

great idea, let him steal your money, and screw over everyone else on the forum. Don't bother doing your part to see legal action taken against him because you didn't lose much. Can I cover over and steal $20 from your wallet? You don't seem to mind.

"am out $410 for this and who is going to give me back those money??? remind me never deal in hardfourm anymore, people are selfish and dont give crap about each other"

I find it VERY interesting that weeks and weeks after the crime ... not one victim has tried to warn potential future victims by leaving ANY Heat! he last Logitechfreak received was from one of his victims (Prentice) ... and that was a POSITIVE!

Heat is broke ...

yeah thanks, sure you dont care about your $15, thats great, you are also assuming that 40 other victims don't care about $7k, thanks alot bud

(sweeping statement about DNT lists removed with a promise to not be a jerk in this thread)

Like some people, I'm adding more than one name to my DNT list because of this debacle.

Haha, sure hope I'm not on that list. I'm a very reputable trader and if me being scammed puts me on that list then there is definitely something wrong with the community here...Also you can't leave someone heat when their account is not active.

Like some people, I'm adding more than one name to my DNT list because of this debacle.

Don't get too emotional since it will not always do any good to you ;)

The big bunch of the victims is frustrated about the outcome of the events and they express the anger. Don't let this cloud the judgement you or others may have on the behavior of these victims.

If some victims decided to accept the loss and move on (with a learned lesson), it's their right and if some want to see things get resolved, there is still others ways like small claims court if your loss is in the hundreds.

If you add me in the DNT due to this comment, then you don't deserve my business.

The big bunch of the victims is frustrated about the outcome of the events and they express the anger. Don't let this cloud the judgement you or others may have on the behavior of these victims.

If some victims decided to accept the loss and move on (with a learned lesson), it's their right and if some want to see things get resolved, there is still others ways like small claims court if your loss is in the hundreds.

If you add me in the DNT due to this comment, then you don't deserve my business.

i DONT THINK the battle is lost yet.. people can still file report and forward them to the sheriffs.. I think if we can reach even 20, they WILL be doing something, because imo 20 is not a BIG number, but its not a small number either. PEOPLE please just file your reports!

Well said. I don't see what making widely generalized and passive-aggressive reactionary statements about DNT lists accomplishes. Does it sooth your ego that little bit to feel empowered over victims of fraud?

I don't even know what to think anymore. You've got Newbi still crusading and not getting much help, Logitechfreak claiming he's working 22 hours a day and having his mom deal with people, people who have no association with this at all jumping in and condescending to victims about righteous-ness, and of course, our illustrious (tax-paid) law enforcement deciding, "Eh, whatever, we don't care enough." Basically, little to nothing accomplished in terms of anything in a little under a month.

Oh, and if you think I'm DNT worthy as well, read my Heatware eval of LF. It's still up there i think.

Well said. I don't see what making widely generalized and passive-aggressive reactionary statements about DNT lists accomplishes. Does it sooth your ego that little bit to feel empowered over victims of fraud?

I don't even know what to think anymore. You've got Newbi still crusading and not getting much help, Logitechfreak claiming he's working 22 hours a day and having his mom deal with people, people who have no association with this at all jumping in and condescending to victims about righteous-ness, and of course, our illustrious (tax-paid) law enforcement deciding, "Eh, whatever, we don't care enough." Basically, little to nothing accomplished in terms of anything in a little under a month.

Oh, and if you think I'm DNT worthy as well, read my Heatware eval of LF. It's still up there i think.

I think you're reading my posts in a different way in which I intended, or I'm not doing a good enough job communicating my message. I have plenty of empathy for the victims here, having gone through a similar mess selling a $2K laptop a few years back.

Here's what I'm saying: this is a community of traders. It's a relatively small community. When something like this happens and some folks refuse to step up - however small their individual losses may be - the community as a whole suffers.

Most of us are good people who love our computing/gaming/technical hobbies. But some people are walking away from this with hundreds in losses because some failed to do their part and properly report the fraud.

And then there are those who still think that they're going to see the goods they paid for. I don't even know what to think of that irrational line of thought.

I understand your point and I partially agree with you. However, there is some things which need to be clarified :

If someone alert of a troll in the FS/FT forum by posting a thread, it's a big thing being done as a service to the traders community. The final outcome shouldn't alter our judgement (if a troll escape but his actions is already know, I'm sure he will win a room in the DNT lists).

Secondly, if a big troll (like LF) is banned but losses not recovered, we should show some empathy to the victims and offer some help. However, don't try to force anyone to pursue something just to satisfy someone else's wishes since not everyone will be affected to the same degree and in life, a loss of 10-20$ isn't worth the loss of time (and money sometime) to try to recover.

Basically, the community is already doing their share fine and Newbi did a great thing by setting up the victims list and relaying any infos about the development of the story. Also, most scamming stories often involve ignoring some elementary rules of trading (double-check the infos, make sure it's a good trader and if a trade is too good to be true, it might be the case). Even Kyle tried to push hard about using common sense while trading.

Finally, in the defense of the victime, LF hit a big bunch of guys in a very short time so when a few realize they may be victim of a fraud, he already did a lot of damage and escaped... It's not like he is trolling for 2-3 months and victims shut up about their loss.

AnandTech Moderator said:
~~~ UPDATE 11/28/07 ~~~

Corporal Beasley phoned me to inform me that he has received only ten reports from Chris Chartier's victims with either report numbers or just a notice that a report had been filed. As a result, the sheriff has instructed him not to pursue this matter any further. .......I posted as strongly as I could that this case invoves a large number of misdemeanors, not a single felony, and if Chris's victims did not act in their own behalf, there is nothing the Sheriff's Department can do. .......it breaks my heart to know he will probably get away with what he has done to our members and members of [H] :( ....

[H] victims: 48
Total money owed: $7,226 USD...................

..........Harvey
Senior AnandTech Moderator

wow, about 38 of you guys suck. You took it right up the ass and just squealed like a little piggy instead of doing something simple and straightforward that would have made a difference. How pathetic:(

You're definately one of the 38. I'm sure the ten that filed appreciate you leaving them twisting in the wind.:rolleyes:

.....as well as encouraging other trolls that they have nothing to fear. Thanks for doing your part.:rolleyes:

OMG! just got back from holiday to find this thread. I bought a Q6600 from LogitechFreak nearly 3 weeks ago and it still hasnt come!

Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back