Burnout Paradise

this game looks like a winner. the port seems very decent, no problems here and its hard to tell if your on the console or the pc.

only problem i have is a 7800gt and opteron 144 is not enough for this game...so i cant play it on my htpc. might be a reason to upgrade though.

This game is great and they did a great job on it for the PC.

What controllers are you guys using to play this on your PCs? Just a typical game pad? Steering wheel + pedals? Keyboard and mouse?!

What controllers are you guys using to play this on your PCs? Just a typical game pad? Steering wheel + pedals? Keyboard and mouse?!

An Xbox 360 controller works great for me.

Man, you got all the time road rules with a D class car? I didn't even bother to attempt them until B or A. :p I used the Hunter Takedown 4x4 to just smash through traffic instead of having to worry about avoiding it.

keyboard and mouse for now. Hopefully i'm going to get a gamepad in the next week or so.

This is one of those games that a gamepad is actually better for. I didnt think that any of the NFS games needed it, but this game NEEDS it

Using a PS2 pad now just fine, Have a Xbox 360 wired controller I just ordered (only $24 new).

Anyone know if the PC version comes with the 4 car pack of the Delorian/Ghostbuster/General Lee and another car without buying it DLC?

Using a PS2 pad now just fine, Have a Xbox 360 wired controller I just ordered (only $24 new).

Anyone know if the PC version comes with the 4 car pack of the Delorian/Ghostbuster/General Lee and another car without buying it DLC?

You have to buy all that using the in-game store.

Hmmmm, I have this:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/gamepads/devices/301&cl=us,en

Not enough? I need the analog thumb sticks?

I have this one: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/gamepads/devices/264&cl=us,en

I only use the left thumb stick for steering. My boost/e-brake are assigned to the 2/3 buttons. Accelerate and reverse/brake are 7 and 8. This is what was preset for the game. You could get a xbox controller. I think they might be a little cheaper. I have both the xbox and logitech controllers plugged in, but it uses the logitech by default.

bought the game and put it on my upgrade htpc. WOW!:eek: this game is fantastic!

one of the most polished, bug free, best looking, most fun racing games on pc ever. the detail is astounding, even letting the controller sit for a few seconds, the game breaks into a 'pause' mode showing you around the city while playing mozart. its sic!

PROPS to the developers... although im betting that since its a x360 game it wasn't hard to port....

Also, where is the Delorean? I thought the Ultimate Box was supposed to contain all the DLCs!!!

The UB included all current DLCs upon date of release (Cagney, Bikes, Party); Legendary Cars still has not released for PC, and toy cars, boost cars, and Island DLC are still pending for all platforms.

This game is great:D
BurnoutParadise2009-03-2300-18-09-8.jpg

Anyone let RT run in the background to see the loading on the gpu? I'm getting 90-100% on both of my gpus with everything turned up (except SSAO) and 8xAA while playing mp. Was kind of surprised to see that.

Anyone playing at 2560x1600 with a HD4870x2 ? My game lags now and then, really annoying. with the SSOA enabled.

edit.

ok SSOA was enabled, disabled it and it runs constant 60fps.

Last edited:
just chiming in to say this game rocks. it's what i wished the NFS series drove like.

playing 1920x1200 on a 88GTS 640

I'm enjoying the game, although they want a good amount of money for the DLC's... this is one part of gaming I am not enjoying, buying a game then paying for extra content... even if I did only pay $20 for this game, heh.... I'm a cheap ass.

I'm enjoying the game, although they want a good amount of money for the DLC's... this is one part of gaming I am not enjoying, buying a game then paying for extra content... even if I did only pay $20 for this game, heh.... I'm a cheap ass.

They've given a lot of free content, not to mention they're planning even more free stuff. I think the DLC for the game is worth it.

Atleast they don't require you to get the DLC to patch the game and keep playing online. That's what I thought was happening when I saw this.

They've given a lot of free content, not to mention they're planning even more free stuff. I think the DLC for the game is worth it.

Only free content for PC, I can't imagine how much people on Xbox or PS3 had to pay for everything.

I'm not saying I'm against the idea of DLC and extra content, but it's just that if you've already spent $40-50 on a game, why do you need to keep paying extra for it just to keep it up to date?

They have always done this, but it was by way of expansion packs, and usually those are fairly large packages, although they usually ranged from $20-30 extra.

I guess it might even out, but it still feels funny having to pay $5 for just the Delorean car alone (the hover car thingy from back to the future).

Only free content for PC, I can't imagine how much people on Xbox or PS3 had to pay for everything.

I'm not saying I'm against the idea of DLC and extra content, but it's just that if you've already spent $40-50 on a game, why do you need to keep paying extra for it just to keep it up to date?

They have always done this, but it was by way of expansion packs, and usually those are fairly large packages, although they usually ranged from $20-30 extra.

I guess it might even out, but it still feels funny having to pay $5 for just the Delorean car alone (the hover car thingy from back to the future).

Nope, it was free on consoles as well. The car packs were the first paid DLC they ever released for the game.

I just realized something, EA de-authorization tool tells me I have machine limited installs. It doesn't say anywhere on the box that this was the case. Big case of sleazy WTF!!!. I am cracking this game now, and ea can go to hell, along with criterion and their shitty dlc crap too.

I just realized something, EA de-authorization tool tells me I have machine limited installs. It doesn't say anywhere on the box that this was the case. Big case of sleazy WTF!!!. I am cracking this game now, and ea can go to hell, along with criterion and their shitty dlc crap too.

Well, that's what the de-authorization tool is for. De-authorize one machine so you can put it on another.

That still should have been put on the box, I had recently formated the other pc, and now I have lost one authorization. Lame, owell, I'll vote with my dollars next time.

I'm thinking of buying this game. Is there plenty of ppl playing it online or is it just a single's paradise?

Back