Built-in Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
jen4950 said:
Trying- can't get into Florida.. :(

Crawler_001.jpg

Want a picture of the Shingles?

BLAGHREHFOINFEOIHF#)(RJO#$R)P(. jebus christ. point well taken, i wont tempt fate next time.

Nat

thats a nasty crane crash . . . . and people wonder why its so expensive to be in construction :rolleyes:

hikeskool said:

That doesn't even give due justice to the infected nerve in my rib that has made a sledge on the forehead a pleasant distraction.

you cant be more than thirty years old, and yet you have the health problems of an 80 year-old.... the sad realities of life.
hehe. anyways, WE WANT TO SEE YOUR DESK!

natpond said:
you cant be more than thirty years old, and yet you have the health problems of an 80 year-old.... the sad realities of life.
hehe. anyways, WE WANT TO SEE YOUR DESK!

I'm 25-

And officially, anything can instigate shingles.. speaking from experience..

jen4950 said:
http://neubauer.tv/images/NB/Crawler_001.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
HAHAHAHA someone is so fired.

Sorry, I really dig crane accidents. When nobody gets hurt, anyways. It's like building a giant Ming vase and smashing it with a baseball bat. :p

[URL=http://www.hardfolding.com?go=38&id=150072&tm=33][IMG]http://www.hardfolding.com/ftag1.php/mem/150072[/URL]

jen4950 said:
Beware what you ask for..

Pic of the leper (me :) ) And that was before it got WAAY bad..
Weird. I think i have almost an identical affliction. Same place too, only under the left pec. Though it comes and goes, how the fuck do i get rid of it? It's ugly and it itches.

Any update as of yet to what the desk is looking like? We are all very inspired and very anxiously waiting the next installment.

Hope you realize that this thread has become like crack for those of us that have some mechanical and building capabilities but lack the funds/tools to do so. Showed the post to my significant other last night with drool on my lips and all she could say was "shit, greg no!!" This is especially hitting home because we just bought our first house and I actually have my own office now!!! The kicker is that she keeps saying how much she hates the desk we have right now and I "need to finish" my office!!

Anyways keep them coming, I am working on a drawing of my desk that I wish to build *thank god for the xmas season coming and www.bf2005.net*

One question i do have for you JEN is where did you get the "veneer" for your desk. Reading back, if I understand it correctly, you are basically making a base board with a nice oak/maple/*insert wood of choice here* thin top layer. Is that correct? And where are you buying the actual veneer striping for the edges/end pieces?

jen4950 said:
they sell it at Home Depot and Lowes
Jen, My SO hates you. I asked why, she replied: His exploits are costing us money.

She then stormed off into the bedroom, she came out with checking account info.

While trying to show me, I revved my 18volt DeWalt Hammer Drill with Dual XRP batteries.

hahahaha

keep it up mate.

DeepFreeze said:
Jen, My SO hates you. I asked why, she replied: His exploits are costing us money.

She then stormed off into the bedroom, she came out with checking account info.

While trying to show me, I revved my 18volt DeWalt Hammer Drill with Dual XRP batteries.

hahahaha

keep it up mate.

Freakin Hilarious!!!!

Thanks for Info Jen.... Do you remember about how much it costs. This is more than likely going to be a "Next Spring" project seeing as I live in Carson City, NV and dont have a garage to store, build this stuff in (all i have is a small shed) Hopefully this winter though I will be able to finish my custom computer case for this bad boy desk sometime this winter.

-Greg-

Charged this week (well, 37 hrs.) to sick time, so I figured in order to not feel worthless, I'd work on my desk.

Finished sanding the entire section I'm going to stain this time..

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

Wiring block typical between sections so I don't have to cut any wires to take this thing apart..

IMG_3391.jpg

Speaker wire.

IMG_3395.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

IMG_3406.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

Ready for staining tommorrow:

Jacked up corners..

IMG_3408.jpg

For Blocks and plastic under legs..

IMG_3411.jpg

Wiped down with mineral spirits- will let air out overnight..

IMG_3412.jpg

IMG_3414.jpg

New pics; preview of finished condition- I fit up the other pieces, still need to clearcoat the stuff I stained today.

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

IMG_3454.jpg

i must say... this is a really kickass desk. awesome job with it.

the black knight always triumphs!

Staining is alot easier than spraying on the clear. i.e. without getting a little clear poly fuzz all thoughout your house.

Limiting what you spray is a challenge to say the least..

IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3460.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3483.jpg

IMG_3485.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

insanarchist said:
Quite an amazing accomplishment thus far, I must say! I can't even imagine how long it will take for you to stain this monolith, though! *faints* :eek:

Suffering thru this process. :)

Wow, just wow.... all i can say is i hope you dont have a live-in significant other and thank god for hardwood floors :D Now watch, just after you finish it your going to have to end up moving. My jedi mind power forsee this future.

gregnash said:
Wow, just wow.... all i can say is i hope you dont have a live-in significant other and thank god for hardwood floors :D Now watch, just after you finish it your going to have to end up moving. My jedi mind power forsee this future.

Just signed the lease for another year ;)

Yeah it does look good but...

it will look MUCH better with a few comps, monitors and accessories (mouse, misc. papers, lava lamp and empty beer cans)

I have that same "boob" ceiling fixture in my house. GF and I liked them so much we put them all over the house, replacing all ceiling fixtures. Also found a really nice dining room chandeler thingy that looks great with it.. If i can I will post a pic of it.God I cant wait to graduate and be able to make a real paycheck, only making 11.70 :( atm and only one working while the GF waits to get her cosmo license.

are you crazy?? drink that beer. Looks awesome though, how does your house smell after all that stain?

Awesome work, beautiful desk to say the least....im jealous :D

Keep up the good work.

mrweasel said:
My thoughts exactly...now that's a buzz that'll last for days

Came up with a pretty good system after the last time- Enclosed the whole room with construction paper (actual construction paper on the roll) and made a door out of plastic sheet-

Then had the shop vac in the bathroom next door pulling fumes out of the 'chamber' and exhausted..

Then had the back door and front window open.. Actually didn't have many fumes at all..

jen4950 said:
Came up with a pretty good system after the last time- Enclosed the whole room with construction paper (actual construction paper on the roll) and made a door out of plastic sheet-

Then had the shop vac in the bathroom next door pulling fumes out of the 'chamber' and exhausted..

Then had the back door and front window open.. Actually didn't have many fumes at all..
Construction paper? :p

goddamn you man..... keep finding my mind drifting to a small aircompressor and nail gun kit on sale at Lowes for 150 bucks. Next thing i know I am going to find my self constantly on that side of town without a clue how i got there!! ;) .... Keep up the work man, we are all anxiously waiting the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back