Borderlands 3

Even on the lowest gfx settings at 1080p, I see 50-100ms glitches. Do other people experience this?

Sometimes when it's loading textures maybe. My install is not on SSD, all my games are on a 5tb spinner. So maybe that makes a difference.

Even on the lowest gfx settings at 1080p, I see 50-100ms glitches. Do other people experience this?

from what i can tell it's caused by the AI spawn.. but hasn't happened enough to bother me.

I'm still not seeing major differences in legendarily vs. any other types of weapons. Pure #'s and weapon manufacturer/types seem to matter way more.

yea I didn't use many legendaries mostly because when they dropped they were absolutely terrible and way below my current level. only one I really use right now is some pistol that has 4 rounds, is SUPER accurate and doesn't waste a round if you get a crit...so I can snipe crits left and right and never have to reload. for a good part I also use a pistole that launched little sticky bombs that was raping everything for about 15 levels worth. even bosses just melted with that thing.

only times I've got slowdown were during the two major boss fights, travis and whatever her face. other that one move those would do that would tank my FPS, it was smooth sailing.

I've been using a blue Atlas autorifle for something like 8 levels now. It does more damage than similar ones, holds 22 rounds, is full-auto, and it has no recoil when hip fired. I rarely even need to use much else. Plus it makes a funny "pew pew" sound when firing.

The only other thing I find myself using is a green Jacobs sniper that hits like a truck. It literally does 400 more points of damage (1000'ish at level 36) than anything else I've seen. It has no other perks and it only holds 5 rounds, but it does big damage. The purples and blues I'm seeing are only doing like 500-600 damage. I use it vs. bosses and enemies with tons of armor/life. When combined with Fl4k's critical ability it's a good way to even the odds.

yea I didn't use many legendaries mostly because when they dropped they were [...] way below my current level.
This is what's happening to me. Every legendary is useless, I have better random other weapons already that are levels above the legendaries that drop.

The drop level is based on your level when you start the quest, or the level you should be when you accept your quest ( I think they have an arbitrary number hard-coded into some of the quests). If you start a quest way after (vs. when it is given) you level up, the drops will be at whatever level you should have been doing the quest. I forget which quests are hard-coded and which depend on your level when assigned/accepted.

I think, based on my observations.

Been doing the gold chest for Epics and Legendaries some Pretty nice stuff still have around 9800 gold keys left.

Moxxi's bouncing pair was one of the better gernades I found until I got this Hulking gernade which looks really cool green splash damage. Guns are Ok but I find better stuff Inthe Marcus machines or the eridium vendor

The Eridium vendor definitely seems to have some good stuff. I've mostly been saving my supply of Eridium for endgame gear, but I've been tempted to grab some stuff along the way. I figure once I get to level 42-43 (what I've been told is typical for winning the game), I'll likely pull the trigger on some.

Most of my gear has been via random drops. I've gotten a few gold items that have held up well beyond their recommended level, but most of them have been pretty "meh." I've had a gold shotgun that freezes and does huge damage for a looooong time, though. What's fun about it, is that it makes the Mogwai boss multiply. I was making it rain purple drops for a little while.

After cruising with little to no troubles for a long time, the Agonizer tore me up. Those swinging blades just kept taking me out. I know you have to duck/jump them...but for some reason ducking them literally never seemed to work for me. Ducking, sliding, whatever - it didn't seem to matter. I died because of that on 3 different occasions. I eventually lucked out by getting a second wind via a spawned enemy.

Somewhat related, I've been insta-killed by sliding on a couple different occasions. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. I'll just be running around and sliding. The next thing I know the blue hyperloop shows up and I'm out of a bunch of money. There were no pits, enemies, etc. around.

Got a chance to play a few minutes earlier. Seems like enemies all have a ghost that shows up and attacks you after they're defeated. They aren't that strong, but they drop crazy amounts of loot. I didn't talk to the new NPC yet (I'm mid-mission in the final zone), but the ghosts still drop weapons about 1/2 the time. Decent stuff, too. Not just trash.

Yep, only until Dec 5. Was a little confused at first, I've been playing all day, and when I stopped off on Sanctuary, I had a popup to check with whoever that saurian is. Started seeing "ghosts" and killing them, not sure what the endgame is with these things. I mean, what is a terror stack? I see anointed-type guns & accessories that use this terror stack, but I'm a little at a loss of what to do with it. Just going along and playing my normal game, and see how this shapes up.

Edit: Maurice....... Wah-wahh

Last edited:
I completed the mission last night. Not sure if the levels scale, but I found that area to be pretty challenging. I'm level 45 and it was still a bit of a challenge. Just about everything was level 46-47. You can replay it as many times as you want, so it might be decent for grinding those last few levels if you're trying to hit 50. I haven't tried the end-game horde missions, but it's at least as challenging as the Slaughter Shaft, and it's more forgiving.
The ghosts make basically the entire game more challenging, though. They're weak, but they make existing hordes of enemies even larger.
Pretty sure I'm at the end of the game now (I just got the last vault key) so I'm hoping to win the game at some point today.

Welp, I've basically done everything there is to do. I completed the game, all of the challenges for each map, all of the trials, the enemy wave challenges, the halloween level (4 times), and just managed to hit level 50.

Weapon-wise, I feel pretty convinced that the Atlas assault rifles that make the "pew pew" noise are the best guns in the game. Those are the ones that tend to have a tracking dart as the alt fire. They have a large capacity, almost no recoil, long range, quick firing rate (including hip fire), and almost no weaknesses. They tend to be weaker, but if you can get one that hits hard, you can basically use that until a better one drops. I tried valiantly to find something better, but I just couldn't. I used it almost exclusively for all 6 of the trials and through the Heck Hole on Mayhem X3. I only swapped to other weapons when I needed to quick fire rather than reload. They're basically like a hip fire sniper that holds 24 rounds and has no recoil.
Honorable mention probably goes to the Dahl snipers that have burst fire. They don't have the pure 1-shot damage that the Jacobs rifles do, but 3x or 4x bursts outweigh that. Especially with an 18 round clip. Those can melt certain enemies in 1 burst that are otherwise kind of a pain. Especially in Mayhem 2 and 3.

Maybe things are different for the other classes (I was a Beastmaster focused on Fade), but SMG's and Bazookas felt really underwhelming. Occasionally one would drop that would be decent, but I can't think of any instances where a rifle or shotgun with explosives weren't better. At least outside of getting a super lucky drop when your other gear was underpowered.

i blew through that Halloween level pretty easily but I did it on the normal mode with no mayhem.

only thing I haven't done in the game are all the wave challenges and trials. I may try for 100% on each map, mostly missing red chests across them all.

Actually thinking of going back and playing through BL2 again now. I did BL1 maybe 8 months ago.

I didn't do all of the red chests either. That level of exploration is beyond me.
The trials don't take all that long. They're only 10'ish minutes each and I didn't die on any of them. Beastmaster + Fade wrecks all of the trials bosses in seconds. The ones that have 2 phases die in 2 uses of Fade. The wave challenges take forever though. I think those took me 45-50 minutes each to complete. Other classes might be better at taking out hordes of enemies, though. The Beastmaster seems great at wrecking single foes, but not groups. Those don't really give you all that much. Just whatever random drops you get and the XP you get for killing a ton of enemies.
Anyone looking for end-game drops should pop Mayhem 2 and play the first 1/2 of the main Nekrotafeyo mission. The ground will be littered with blues and purples from all the enemies and ghosts. Mayhem 2 isn't that bad, too. Mayhem 3 makes everything a bullet sponge and the rewards for it aren't justified IMO.

The trials are a lot of fun. The Cistern of Slaughter or the Maliwan-focused one, Slaughterstar 3000 or something, are a goddamn chore.

You may have noticed this already, but in Heck at the Skulls puzzle, I was having a hard time distinguishing between some of the colors. Then I saw that each pumpkin has a rectangle, circle, triangle or hex on the pedestal that corresponds to the eyes on the skulls. Took me a few play-throughs to grok that. I'm a little slow some times.

You may have noticed this already, but in Heck at the Skulls puzzle, I was having a hard time distinguishing between some of the colors. Then I saw that each pumpkin has a rectangle, circle, triangle or hex on the pedestal that corresponds to the eyes on the skulls. Took me a few play-throughs to grok that. I'm a little slow some times.

oh i didn't even notice this, does the puzzle get you something really good?

Eh, there is a red chest plus a lot of money behind the collapsing wall after the puzzle, and the rach blisters & a few urns to break. You can repeat this every time you pass through Heck. But killing Capt Haunt 25 times is a bit much, I haven't made it there, yet. And Heck levels up with you, so the loot is always fresh. And there is a LOT of ghosts to have to kill in Mayhem mode.

I randomly fell/clipped through the floor which killed me, that really pissed me off.

I've noticed that if you start the game as quickly as possible, you won't actually activate the extra Halloween DLC. That can be helpful if you're fed up with ghosts OR if you want loot that isn't specifically tied to the "frightened" status effect. I've generally found the Halloween-specific gear to be below average since you're losing one of your bonus stats. Heck is still a really good farming level due to the sheer volume of enemies and drops, though. Not everything that drops there is new, so you can get some great non-frightened stuff to drop there. I got a gold shield that has a capacity of more than 2K along with 3-seconds of invincibility when it breaks. The one really good Halloween drop I've found is a grenade that summons ghosts to actually help you. It's one of the best grenades in the game IMO.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Oh, that's how I got that haunted assault rifle! I have been killing the ghosts 99% of the time so I didn't pick up on the haunted status effect.

The frightened status effect isn't really to my liking since it's temporary and requires you to get hit by a specific enemy to activate it. That's dicey if not impossible in many fights. Especially some of the tougher campaign bosses.
Plus that status will be going away for good once the Heck level disappears. Even if you get a God-roll item, it's temporary.
I'd rather have the same gear but with another random bonus stat. Just looking at the Sanctuary vendors with/without the Halloween level active, the gear seems night and day better without. I'm sure there are exceptions, though.

You can compare between a "terrified" version of a weapon and plain version. The ones I've compared so far the only diff is the "terrified" stat, the rest has been the same. Not a scientific analysis,but that's what I've seen so far. I think whatever you have on Dec 6 will just revert back to a non-"terrified" version with the same stats.

Dudes. Whats game better to buy? This or GEARS OF WAR 5?

Both are good games. Gears is more of a audio/visual thrill ride and it's shorter and more focused.
Borderlands offers a lot of flexibility and replay value because of random loot, large maps, and different characters/approaches.
I like both games and don't think you'll be disappointed with either. Especially if you like prior games in either series. Both are essentially bigger/better/more. The main difference is that Gears 5 is quite a bit more "open" than the previous games. It isn't exactly GTA, but it's no longer linear. Borderlands 3 doesn't really deviate from the formula, but if it ain't broke...

Borderlands® 3   10_31_2019 12_09_14 PM.jpg
Borderlands® 3   10_31_2019 12_20_53 PM.jpg
Borderlands® 3   10_31_2019 12_23_42 PM.jpg

Nice looking zone took me about 45min-1hr to complete this game looks awesome on my Samsung 24" VA 1080P panel the TN was really neutral as far as all the colors went even if it's a 1440P.

I've gotten really good at blowing through the Heck Hole in about 10-15 minutes. It's a really good drop zone and it's not hard once you know what to do. I get at least one gold drop every run...although I'm still not sold on most of them being good. Captain Haunt is also conveniently a quick kill. I just toss 2 grenades, initiate Fade and then unload my full Atlas rifle clip. Do that twice and he's toast, even in Mayhem 2. Mayhem 2 is definitely the sweet spot. It's only slightly more challenging than normal and the rewards are much higher. Mayhem 3 is just plain garbage for only a mild increase in rewards vs. 2.

I got something really odd today. Started a new game with Amara, ghost shit didn't start until I got to Sanctuary. I got the ghost goop and entered Heck, I was level 11, near 12, and the drops were level 49 pieces, with only a few 11 or 12 (one over my level). Left Heck, hit Promethia, drops were at the correct level. Maybe there was some left-over crap from the level 50 Moze I ended yesterday, but was really annoying that I couldn't use most of the drops in Heck.

I got something really odd today. Started a new game with Amara, ghost shit didn't start until I got to Sanctuary. I got the ghost goop and entered Heck, I was level 11, near 12, and the drops were level 49 pieces, with only a few 11 or 12 (one over my level). Left Heck, hit Promethia, drops were at the correct level. Maybe there was some left-over crap from the level 50 Moze I ended yesterday, but was really annoying that I couldn't use most of the drops in Heck.

Not too shocking. The way the game loads the Halloween stuff seems a little buggy. It seems to load the assets while you're at the main screen, but if you start the game too quickly, it sometimes only loads part of the assets. I've seen ghosts load but no Heck quest option and vice versa.
Were the level 49 items still selling for a small fortune? At least there's that if they were. You could stock up on backpack and ammo SKU's earlier than normal.

At this point it's rare I see a drop that's better than what I have. I've only gotten one better Atlas rifle in something like 2 weeks and it was worse in other ways. Getting a Dahl sniper without a major negative or a Jacobs shotgun with more than 5-6 rounds has also been a struggle. I've still been playing here and there just for fun, but there really isn't much else to do until some DLC starts hitting.

Yeah I wasted 1/2 hour trying to find the Halloween content in game the first time (days after release). Reload the game and there it is. It's wonky.

This game has a nice short benchmark test I get about 66FPS at 1080P on a 144hz monitor.
Upgrading my Ram from 2400hz to 3200hz thinking I'll get 10-20 FPS increase in some games from what I seen on Youtube due to latency of the Ram alone.

Back