Borderlands 3

Does he smell burnt toast?
download.jpg

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-09-27-borderlands-3-hot-fixes-sept-27/

Glad to see Zane got a massive buff

Zane

Zane’s gadgets were great at providing additional utility but lacked impact as players leveled up. We increased the Digi-Clone damage with all equipped weapon so the skill can scale better with players as they get to higher levels and harder content. The Drone requires a lot of player involvement to take full advantage of its damage output and increasing the base damage as well as the augments will greatly increase the Drone’s versatility and reward players even more for using it effectively.

• Digi-Clone Damage Increased by 38%
  • Drone Damage increased by 50%
    - Cryo Bullets damage penalty removed
    - Drone Rocket damage increased by 50%
    - Almighty Ordnance Rockets damage increased by 75%

I thought my drone was OP not complaining once I finish the game not going to do a 2nd run I have no desire for a NG+ as good as the game is.
I have way too many other games on the backburner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I've been using Zane. He needed some help.

When I finish this I, too, see myself putting the NG+ and all of that on the backburner for my next dry spell.

I just loaded up the game and my save wasn't right =(

Lost 5 levels and a lot of time x(

Only fix I see online requires a .tmp file that you may or may not have and I do not.

Is the .tmp file in the borderlands save directory? I'm backing up my saves but have no idea if I'm doing it right.

Welp, they nerfed the fuck out of the game, much more than stated in the patch notes. things like the flak build got hit in multiple areas, guns, duration, damage, etc

Is the .tmp file in the borderlands save directory? I'm backing up my saves but have no idea if I'm doing it right.

I believe so. I'm definitely backing em up from now on.

It honestly sucked away my desire to play. It was about a weeks worth of progress for how much time I have to play.

No, no tmp file in the save directory. There is a profile.sav that has your back, skills & look; and a 1/2/3/4.sav (different number for each time you start with a new character; so if you have started a new game for the 6th time, it would be 6.sav) with your player level, skills, money, sdu (bank is kept in the profile since that is common for all your current version), backpack contents, etc. So you want to back up these files.

My character got straight up deleted the other night. I thought I had disabled cloud save, but I was wrong. No .sav files in my folder and the cloud had synced the empty folder, so I couldn't even recover from there. Level 50 Moze with a ton of legendaries just completely wiped for no apparent reason.

I ended up just downloading a level 50 Moze save that had similar progress. If that hadn't been an option, I would have just shelved the game completely.

Random saves being deleted is an Epic staple. For whatever reason it seems like when the game cannot reach the cloud save servers it just poofs any local file. Rebel Galaxy Outlaw and Metro Exodus have the same issue. You have to religiously, manually, back up your local save file, even if you have cloud saves turned off. When the game or Epic Browser gets updated it seems to randomly "accidentally" turns cloud saves back on, and for some reason the local save file gets deleted.

Given that different developers games are suffering the same issue, it seems to be an Epic Browser issue.

Random saves being deleted is an Epic staple. For whatever reason it seems like when the game cannot reach the cloud save servers it just poofs any local file. Rebel Galaxy Outlaw and Metro Exodus have the same issue. You have to religiously, manually, back up your local save file, even if you have cloud saves turned off. When the game or Epic Browser gets updated it seems to randomly "accidentally" turns cloud saves back on, and for some reason the local save file gets deleted.

Given that different developers games are suffering the same issue, it seems to be an Epic Browser issue.

That would actually make sense. It happened right after my game updated with the patch the other day. Might explain why cloud sync was turned on when I swear I had turned it off.

I've been getting some stuttering today and a few out of video memory crashes. Really hope it was a game update...

That''s really odd. I've had cloud saves turned off since I installed epic (over a year ago), and not once has an update changed the setting. Hopefully it's not a widespread issue.

those of you having issues, do the usual fix, delete cache. instructions should be in this thread

The worst case scenario for Epic is having your save disapear and its happening. No reason why this should be happening in a worst case scenario.

CELEBRATE BORDERLANDS' 10-YEAR ANNIVERSARY WITH A MONTH OF REWARDS
POSTED: OCT 1 2019

Join us as we celebrate ten years of Borderlands with a five-week Borderlands 3 event featuring tons of rewards.

bac_560.jpg

You've come a long way, Vault Hunter. This month, it will have been 10 years since the original Borderlands made its debut on October 20, 2009; we've been shooting and looting across Pandora and the galaxy beyond ever since. Whether you're a longtime fan or a series newcomer, we're so glad you're here with us for Borderlands 3, and we're showing our appreciation with a five-week Borderlands Anniversary Celebration. For the entire month of October (and a little bit of November), Borderlands 3 Vault Hunters of all levels can score in-game loot and bonuses just by playing.

Starting today, the next five weeks will all have their very own theme in Borderlands 3, encouraging different in-game activities to maximize your rewards. As of now, Boss Week is live, which will be active until October 8, 2019 at 8:59 AM PDT when the following week's theme begins. During Boss Week, some bosses will have an increased chance to drop a unique Legendary item. Here's a full breakdown of Legendary loot drops by boss:

• Mouthpiece has an increased chance to drop Gatling Gun
  • KillaVolt has an increased chance to drop Brainstormer
  • Gigamind has an increased chance to drop Nagata
  • Katagawa Ball has an increased chance to drop Rectifier
  • Katagawa has an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
  • Rampager has an increased chance to drop Kill-o'-the-Wisp
  • Warden has an increased chance to drop Echo
  • GenIVIV has an increased chance to drop Ten Gallon
  • Aurelia has an increased chance to drop Creeping Death
  • Graveward has an increased chance to drop Earworm
  • Pain and Terror have an increased chance to drop Legendary class mods (all Vault Hunters)
  • Troy has an increased chance to drop Nova Berner
  • Tyreen has an increased chance to drop Bitch
If you're looking to expand your collection of unique Legendary loot, make sure to drop in on all those bosses and make them wish they had never messed with you and your Vault Hunter pals. Keep in mind that this is just the beginning of the Borderlands Anniversary Celebration, and while we're saving some surprises for later, we thought we'd give you an early look at the calendar:

bac-calendar_560.jpg

Week 1 (October 1-7): Bonus Boss Loot!
Week 2 (October 8-14): Rare Spawn Hunt!
Week 3 (October 15-21): Show Me the Eridium!
Week 4 (October 22-28): Mayhem on Twitch!
Week 5 (October 29 - November 4): Spooky Surprise!

So what are you waiting for? Jump into Borderlands 3 and start beating down bosses across the galaxy to earn even more loot. We'll be unveiling the full bonuses for each week's theme every Monday this month, so be sure to check back to see what's in store for the Borderlands Anniversary Celebration. In the meantime, we'd like to extend our deepest thanks to the entire Borderlands community for your dedication, passion, and support. Here's to many more years of mayhem.

Cloud saves being functional is generally a pretty big deal for me as I play on different devices. Guess I just have to go back to the old days of going back and forth with saves. X(

Edit: Also just noticed that when I lost my save (lvl 25 --> lvl 20) I also lost skins and legenderies I had in the bank. I even lost items I still had equipped. Once I selected something else and went back it was gone.

Last edited:
  • Chapter 1 - Children of the Vault
  • Chapter 2 - From the Ground Up
  • Chapter 3 - Cult Following
  • Chapter 4 - Taking Flight
  • Chapter 5 - Sanctuary
  • Chapter 6 - Hostile Takeover
  • Chapter 7 - The Impending Storm
  • Chapter 8 - Space-Laser Tag
  • Chapter 9 - Atlas, At Last
  • Chapter 10 - Beneath the Meridian
  • Chapter 11 - Hammerlocked
  • Chapter 12 - Lair of the Harpy
  • Chapter 13 - The Guns of Reliance
  • Chapter 14 - The Family Jewel
  • Chapter 15 - Going Rogue
  • Chapter 16 - Cold as the Grave
  • Chapter 17 - Blood Drive
  • Chapter 18 - Angels and Speed Demons
  • Chapter 19 - The Great Vault
  • Chapter 20 - The First Vault Hunter
  • Chapter 21 - Footsteps of Giants
  • Chapter 22 - In the Shadow of Starlight
  • Chapter 23 - Divine Retribution

Was wondering how far I was in the game with 25 hours gameplay I'm only on Chapter 13

Was thinking of buying this, but decided against it till I finished the previous games. (Had started them but never finished them) Hoping by the time I do them B3 will be a lot cheaper by then. :cool:

Yeah, nerfing a solo to 4 player PVE game, people are out of their mind.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I'm in chapter 13 and the writing, "humour", story, are so stale right now. I'm just blitzing through the campaign as fast as possible. Too bad I can't change classes, fl4k is getting boring.

Back