Borderlands 3

I am not sure, I honestly have not looked to see if there are patch notes.

Most of the news I seen about borderlands 3 updates talks about hotfixes, which are updates that usually do not require a client side download, the may however be incorporated in a future patch.

For borderlands 3 I think they had mostly to do with their cloud save issues.

Some of the mainline quests have multiple badass enemies, when I got to rescue Hammerlock, I was getting killed on a regular basis even before the Boss Battle (they get worse and worse as you level up, dayum). And the challenges where they are jump puzzles are just a pita. My limit is dying 3 times before I give up, lose too much money after a while.

But as frustrating as it can be, it's pretty fun. Tina's all grow'd up (still psycho, tho). Moxie looks like she lost some weight.

what character are you playing? The current meta farming build is with Flak. amara also is supposed to have some really tanky builds. zane is supposed to have some good builds. the only character I have not heard about is moze.

what character are you playing? The current meta farming build is with Flak. amara also is supposed to have some really tanky builds. zane is supposed to have some good builds. the only character I have not heard about is moze.

Starting with Zane, with no Barrier. I want one run-through with him to get the lay of the land. Maybe Flak next, I've never been good with Sirens.

so there is stupidity with the hammerlock side mission. the 3rd enemy can jump into the void making the mission not able to be completed. If you get this one, move away from the platform.

This game just plays with my eyes too much to appreciate it same with Destiny 2.
If I play it for more than a hour or so the loot Xplosions and everything just gets to me eyes are just inflamed. I just finished the Moon mission or whatever the best part was jumping
the Boss was pretty easy took me X3 tries almost got it on the first at level 16 while the Orb was level 18.

Game's great. No crashes, no issues, using Hardware Unboxed settings to play @ stable 4K60. Have Epic launcher sandboxed, have both the game and Epic launcher blocked in firewall, and I kill Epic immediately after launching the game. Still on pre-nerf code with updates blocked. Don't have my own Epic account and never will. I'll play MP with my friends when it hits a legitimate store.

Started with Zane, his voice banter is great, leveled the drone from weak to decently powerful. But it was at Lvl17 that the game really opened up to holy shit this is awesome - everything just aligned. There's a particular map where gravity is lower and you've got more hangtime when jumping through the air, and so combined with a Jakobs shotgun (still my favorite gun even after many Legendaries) and Violent Momentum and Violent Speed skills (synergizes because you get higher damage the faster you're moving, and you move faster after a kill) it was like I was playing Quake - gliding through the air, 360-spin shotgunning baddies, and the music was particularly killer on that map.

Didn't like Zane's clone action skill at first, until I got to a particular tough boss, and then Clone's real power became apparent: set the clone behind the boss, run around to the front of the boss, the boss attacks your clone while you're Crit'ing the boss from the back; the boss turns around to you, and you switch places with your clone and you're at the boss's back again. This works fantastically.

The cubicle level talent at Gearbox did a great job on this game.

Last edited:
Game is fun, but I get the feeling that it's just not finished. Story is fun, side missions are fun, but the loot portion - there is a lot of loot, but not much end game loot and not much to upgrade at end game. Reminds me of early on in Diablo 3.

Wait, can we only have one character?

I was level 15, and then I let my son play the game too, he started a New Game, and he was level 1, but I couldn't find my level 15 to play after that?

Borderlands® 3   9_19_2019 10_38_28 PM.jpg

Fish tanks are clearer with low settings =) Badass settings has too many reflections fish are harder to see :D

The Epic Game Launcher gave me a pop-up notification ad today for another game. Is there a way to turn the ads off? Is it just the "show free game notifications"? And I turned off "run when computer starts".

The Epic Game Launcher gave me a pop-up notification ad today for another game. Is there a way to turn the ads off? Is it just the "show free game notifications"? And I turned off "run when computer starts".

The launcher stays resident after you close the game, until you go to the lower right corner and exit it. After you exit the game you will have to manually exit the launcher.

should be, the ad is only for the free games as far as i've seen.

Is it just me or can stats / gun scores sometimes be misleading? Seems like the best way to actually figure out best guns is to use them? Also does anyone bother with green guns, there are so many of them so its super hard to try them all?

Is it just me or can stats / gun scores sometimes be misleading? Seems like the best way to actually figure out best guns is to use them? Also does anyone bother with green guns, there are so many of them so its super hard to try them all?

Yup. Especially if it had "Red" txt on it.

I barely try any of them. They are mostly just money fodder. The multiple pellets and also ricochet on critical will proc well with flak so I stay with those

Is there any way to upgrade a gun to your current level? I found a really good legendary and I'm gonna be super sad when I out level it :cry:

It used to be called WillowTree ... (save game editor)

I hope I can find another one like this! It's an SMG but really it's actually a flame thrower. It's quite short range, but it totally melts most stuff and I'm gonna miss it when it's under leveled.

Side note, my favorite Psycho line so far:

"My chili recipe dies with me!"

Screenshot00000.png

Yeah, some of the P{sycho lines are great. I have not found one of those, but I found a corrosive Tediore shotgun that is a grenade at reload if you hit a bad guy, or a mobile turret if you don't.

Is there any way to upgrade a gun to your current level? I found a really good legendary and I'm gonna be super sad when I out level it :cry:

Many of them keep going. I have a legendary pistol that is OLD for my level but it is still raping enemies.

They would've sold through more PC copies had it been offered on multiple storefronts, without creating a huge headwind by being controversial and polarizing.

This is really a standard given and to not do this is bad business.

That being said: I love the game itself. It's a blast. Any Borderlands fan should be well happy with it.

But, but Epic Launcher....

I know, I caved and got ESG for this, Control and Mechwarrior. Amusingly a discord group I know of complained non-stop about ESG only to cave and get it for BL3 and then find out they already had it because they are game whores and tried out Fortnight long ago.

Reading comprehension. Its carefully worded to avoid breaking out EGS sales, which is telling. Also notice "sell-in" versus sell through - they're including # of copies Tim Sweeney bribed/guaranteed, not copies sold to customers.

No knock on the game, it's good, but they bent themselves into a pretzel to avoid how many actual customers purchased on EGS -- or even PC sales overall, and chose to hide the peas in the mashed potatoes.

They would've sold through more PC copies had it been offered on multiple storefronts, without creating a huge headwind by being controversial and polarizing.

I don't know if they would have sold significantly more. No one has proven to me that there are enough steam users that refuse to use other services for it to make a difference.

Given Epic's higher cut, as well as their willingness to offer cash incentives for exclusivity, and that in my personal experience gamers are more interested in the game than the platform, and the claims being made about sales, well I just don't buy it (your position that they would have sold dramatically more, enough so to make up for the difference in % and $ upfront).

That makes it a smart business decision, especially since there isn't just one store front anymore, and clearly never will be again. Origin, ESG, Uplay, bethesda, Steam, GOG, Blizzard, and incoming Rockstar.

Related to the actual game - anyone know if it's possible to drive only using the arrow keys? WASD works okay if you tweak the controller settings.
Yet the arrow keys never seem to work no matter what I choose. Some of them do, but never all 4 at once. I can either turn or move forward, but not both at the same time. Is there a trick I'm missing or is this just a bug?

Related to the actual game - anyone know if it's possible to drive only using the arrow keys? WASD works okay if you tweak the controller settings.
Yet the arrow keys never seem to work no matter what I choose. Some of them do, but never all 4 at once. I can either turn or move forward, but not both at the same time. Is there a trick I'm missing or is this just a bug?
using wasd, s and d do nothing, you turn with the mouse. maybe its the same thing with arrow keys.

using wasd, s and d do nothing, you turn with the mouse. maybe its the same thing with arrow keys.

Yeah, that's with the default setup. If you open up the controller settings menu, you can actually change the control settings to allow for WASD to control everything while the mouse simply aims. Like most games do. They call it "driving scheme" or something like that. For some reason it doesn't work with the arrow keys, tough. It isn't a total deal breaker and the mouse does work, but it's a little clumsy IMO.

Back