Borderlands 3

I turned down like all the extra garbage settings game looks good and is easier on the eyes something was really screwing with me not sure what it was.

I'm expecting a press release any day now from Epic stating how Borderlands 3 is the biggest selling game ever on the Epic Store...

Sorry guys i dont play it , too expensive for that game for me. Also....it looking like Borderlands 2 ? or its me? Just seeing on youtube ,my friend was playing on 2080.

Sorry guys i dont play it , too expensive for that game for me. Also....it looking like Borderlands 2 ? or its me? Just seeing on youtube ,my friend was playing on 2080.

I don't understand how anyone could think it looks like BL2. The graphics are wayyyyy more detailed in BL3. I guess maybe if you're watching some super compressed YouTube video, but playing in person no way.

got my first legendary weapon and let me say... it is legendary....tearing everything apart with it. 4 round pistol that deals damage and then each round is a little explody bomb thing that stick to them. I haven't used another weapon since. Level 14.

Did anyone else run into Amber Lamps?

I don't understand how anyone could think it looks like BL2. The graphics are wayyyyy more detailed in BL3. I guess maybe if you're watching some super compressed YouTube video, but playing in person no way.
propably yes:) Just youtube ok.

I actually prefer the menus to previous entries in the series. They may not be perfect, but they're much more clear in navigation now. Plus the fact I can click a weapon in my inventory and click the one I want to put in its place and it works on the first click instead of a clicksterfuck like BL2 with swapping weapons.

the only thing I dont like in BL3 is the weapon menu. It was better in 2 because you could sort to just the weapon type you wanted to see. you can't do that now. the 2 row, 3 column thing is more difficult to me.

on another note, they really didn't think the grab the ledge and climb up thing very well. You can get stuck SUPER easy and you can get into placed you shouldn't be able too pretty easily as well.

I mean, if you liked BL1,2,PS, you will love this. So glad this is out....so needed this kind of game right now.

does B3 look way better then B2 with the 4K texture pack installed?

The game is much much prettier than BL2, even with the 4k texture pack. Screenshots and videos do not do it justice at all.

The guns are definitely much more powerful feeling. Had a Tediore shotgun that would throw as basically a rocket on reload and explode, then explode into 4 more homing grenades; that thing just tears through most mobs.

You can sort your weapons by specific categories, though I haven't tried to see if you can just do weapons alone, and it's a system I never really used in BL2. I keep my inventory slim and neat, so it's never been an issue I've looked into.

The attention to little details was nice also. If you step on a corpse, you don't just clip through it, your feet will perch on body parts properly. Small, but welcome, detail.

I haven't run into any issues with vaulting, though I'm sure they happen.

I really don't understand reducing graphics settings simply to get a few more FPS.

Nice this game is out. Cant wait for play.
z14664771V,--Lsnienie--.jpg

Depends on what "a few more FPS" entails. If you're on a lower end system, going from 25-30 to 40-60 is pretty big in the playability realm. For anyone already running 60+, it's really personal preference.

I guess...Not sure whats causing your issue if that didnt resolve it.

Having an absolute blast playing as Zane. Game looks amazing in Ultrawide, since turning down volumetric fog - I've been pretty much locked 75fps+. Downloaded the Dolby Access app which enables Dolby Atmos for Headphones in Windows 10 - game sounds a lot better now after enabling that. The gunplay is absolutely amazing, found some pretty amazing and fun to use guns and I'm only level 10.

View attachment 186910

Took the day off work to play the game :).

LOL I didn't read the description until now I got a Legendary that uses money for bullets I scraped that POS gun.

Is teleport with Zane Random I can't seem to control where he teleports it's like he teleports in Random spots.

Haven’t read all the latest comments so sorry if this is already posted. For me the biggest FPS hit has been from volumetric fog. Set it to Medium or off for a significant performance boost. I was able to turn everything else up to ultra after setting Volumetric fog to medium.

It’s also probably the least noticeable setting to lower since there hasn’t been much in the way of fog in the first few areas (or at least I haven’t noticed).

Edit: Same info like two posts above mine, doh!

Legendary Farming but the legendaries are not all what they are cracked up to be The shield destroying one seems nice.

I'm holding out for patches and for it to be $20 cheaper in 2-3 weeks. But I will get there eventually. Plus I just bought Rebel Galaxy Outlaw and still has the new game smell....

Couldn't find anyway to disable the cell shader to remove the black lines. The other Borderland games ran better for me with them removed.

I'm holding out for patches and for it to be $20 cheaper in 2-3 weeks. But I will get there eventually. Plus I just bought Rebel Galaxy Outlaw and still has the new game smell....

game prices do not drop like they used to, except for rare sales. Rage2 did, however I think that was because it was a flop and they want new players to sell their just announced DLC

gearbox on the whole appears to be on the extremely greedy side, example being the $40 season pass. going to love it once they announce again that it was only the "first" season pass.

I turned down like all the extra garbage settings game looks good and is easier on the eyes something was really screwing with me not sure what it was.
I kept everything ultra or badass at 1440p but turned off all the motion blur and it looks better and i think i get 10+ Fps more

High rez pics in the appropriate thread?

I'd certainly enjoy a few choice screenshots.... 4K or DSR

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I'm glad you can buy Epic weapons out of the Marcus machines because Iridium shard farming is pretty time consuming and there is no way to say the gun you buy is going to be any good even if it's Epic. I was wondering how to use class mods but you can't use them after you beat the quest line for the 2nd planet I forget the name. I just use Gernades with Zane because if you use the Hologram and the Drone it gets pretty annoying I just expanded Gernade capacity to 5 maybe if I have more skill points I'll change it over. I seen a video of the drone dropping gernades on people but maybe it was the Hologram doing that I don't know.

Last edited:
like this
So I ended up turning down the sound effects volume to about 60%, it was covering up the awesome music in the game. Highly recommend trying this out.

like this

My dude you are going to be waiting a lot longer than 2 or 3 weeks. If you have a coupon for GMG or are a humble subscriber you can save a few bucks but otherwise I'd expect this to stay at its full price for a long time. Maybe we'll see a small discount if EGS does a Black Friday or Christmas sale, but even then I bet its 10-15% off at most. You can be sure that Gearbox is going to hold its $59.99 price tag for a while so that they can launch on Steam at full price in six months.

Welp, can't stream youtube while playing this game. that kind of sucks. had to turn settings down to make it work else it stutters bad.

My dude you are going to be waiting a lot longer than 2 or 3 weeks. If you have a coupon for GMG or are a humble subscriber you can save a few bucks but otherwise I'd expect this to stay at its full price for a long time. Maybe we'll see a small discount if EGS does a Black Friday or Christmas sale, but even then I bet its 10-15% off at most. You can be sure that Gearbox is going to hold its $59.99 price tag for a while so that they can launch on Steam at full price in six months.

Right https://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-...id=1568494987&sprefix=bor,aps,210&sr=8-6&th=1
granted it's not 20-30 but physical copies are cheaper then digital only copies

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back