Borderlands 3

Well, crap, win10 did an update and rebooted my damn pc, had to log into EGS again, but, is downloading right now.

Edit: My version says 1.0.0 CL 2005138

Last edited:
I'm getting like 1.3 megs a sec on Epic lol but get like 2.1 on Steam my net sucks I'm stuck in 2013.
Ping is good but downloading sucks I would like to get a different service but it doesn't bother me to where I'm suffocated from download and upload speed.s

Yeah I'm not going to watch any more reviews I mean if you wanted to spoil the game totally lol.
Richard Pryor style and pry into whatever you think the game is going to offer you.

Yeah, I've started reading a lot less about games before their release..

(I know almost nothing about Outer Worlds for example - because I trust Obsidian)

I'm getting like 1.3 megs a sec on Epic lol but get like 2.1 on Steam my net sucks I'm stuck in 2013.
Ping is good but downloading sucks I would like to get a different service but it doesn't bother me to where I'm suffocated from download and upload speed.s

That sucks. I have gigabit fiber and it downloaded at 60 MB/s for me, that's way faster than Steam has ever downloaded for me.

yes, same for me, is EGS always this slow to download things or is it because it is being hammered by BL3 preloads??

I mean, my internet isn't fast but Steam downloads are always a solid 3mb/sec....EGS, i'm getting like 700k/sec.

I can't believe how shit EGS interface is for this stuff. First EGS game for me and boy....not impressed at all with it so far.

yes, same for me, is EGS always this slow to download things or is it because it is being hammered by BL3 preloads??

I mean, my internet isn't fast but Steam downloads are always a solid 3mb/sec....EGS, i'm getting like 700k/sec.

I downloaded last night but didn't check my download speeds. Regardless, I have to imagine EGS servers are getting hit pretty hard right now.

Not sure what your problem is. It uses AWS so it should have virtually unlimited bandwidth. I just downloaded a Fortnite update at 50 MB/s.

I'm getting a slower rate since I paused it a few times I hope it still works on launch.

well at least by the time the game is playable it will have downloaded at 55gb.....

Not sure what your problem is. It uses AWS so it should have virtually unlimited bandwidth. I just downloaded a Fortnite update at 50 MB/s.

i have to assume it is this because nothing else is this slow right now. I can pause and go download anything else from anywhere and I'm getting at least 2+ mb/sec

I downloaded it in about 5-10 minutes. That's no different than what Steam usually takes for me.
I can't tell if it actually installed the game or not, but it seems like it did. If you try and run the game executable, it pulls up a map of where/when the game is available to play.

So i went poking around and found this

and this completely solved my problem. solid 2.0 to 2.4mb sec download now. Sure beats the like 400k it was averaging. If I remove this and start again, right back to super slow download.

I'm afraid to try it now maybe when I'm all said and done. I'm getting a straight 0.00 now when I have about 3 gigs left. Epic's servers are probably getting hammered. I need a sub to Finally Fast dot com.

Last edited:
Prometheus and Athenas look like my kind of planets. Once I'm able to play then I'll take my time searching for hidden secrets and achievements. Second playthrough will be to follow story line and searched for anything I might of missed during first playthrough.

Download successfully last night. All ready to go here. Between buying SuperDeluxe version, and the VIP stuff, I'm going to be somewhat tricked out to start with.
My buddy and I are ready for some sick Co-Op action come Thursday night.

Silver

I feel like 3rd person is better for games that focus very heavily on movement. It's tougher to judge distances and spacial things in a FPS. Otherwise, I don't really care and find both work fine for me.

Sweet, I'm ready for this! FWIW; 30meg download on Cox basic in San Diego.

Comixb~ Thank you for that, I missed the ad the first time. I can't stop laughing, it's almost as funny as the Head-On (Apply directly to forehead).

I look forward to seeing if we can disable the outline shader on this like in the previous games.

Either going g to use Zane or F4LK.
Amara would be annoying like a warlock in Destiny melee all the time Moze might be ok but the Mech might break immersion and feel overpowered. I'm probably going with Zane because F4LK is labeled as a sniper not sure how that will.play out later on. The pets might get old after a while.

I'm thinking all the more desirable characters will come with future dlcs like Gaige in BL2 and the Psycho guy in BL2

Borderlands 3.jpg

Either going g to use Zane or F4LK.
Amara would be annoying like a warlock in Destiny melee all the time Moze might be ok but the Mech might break immersion and feel overpowered. I'm probably going with Zane because F4LK is labeled as a sniper not sure how that will.play out later on. The pets might get old after a while.

I'm trying to decide between these two also, but leaning towards FL4K. Mordecai was my favorite from BL1, and Zer0 was my favorite vanilla vault hunter in BL2. Including DLC, Gaige is my favorite, and I'm kinda getting a vibe that pets will play out similar to to her robot.

If you get big damage with the sniper rifles it might be good to use Fl4K and avoid all the clutter from spamming the game to pieces with the other characters but I don't know how the game is going to be layed out where the sniper rifile would fit in I mean you can use any character and any gun combo. I don't think this game is going to have Dr. Ned's Zombie Island type of thing where you need to harvest brains and the sniper rifle was one of the best for that. I played that on split screen like 9 years ago with my Nephew.

Last edited:
Back