Bombshell Reveal Trailer

Don't know about you, but that did nothing to pique my interest.

Looks like an old Geforce 3 tech demo or something.....

Interesting is the last word I'd use to describe that reveal. And that voice-over wasn't exactly appealing either.

Great.

A female Bionic Commando :rolleyes:

BionicCommando.jpg

Glad to seem some work coming from 3D realms again though.

Looks like some students demo reel from art school. Not representative of a professional studio at all. :confused:

Yeah it was pretty bad. The part on the bike made me think of FF7 where Cloud has the chase scene on a cycle. I think that even looked better.

Lots of bleh, with a decently detailed character, but piss poor background and effect details, no content or mechanics shown, and its being done by a company that failed to bring a game to fruition after 14 years.

It will be long forgotten before its release.

As I get older I tend to get more and more disappointed with the sales pitch of: "Oh, yes, it's a crappy game, but BOOBIES." :rolleyes:

That's gotta be the worst game trailer i've ever seen... wtf

They didn't tell you shit about the game, nor did they show off very well the engine.

And the explosions behind her bike? The hell is that shit?

do you know how often i sit on the couch watchign news openng and closing my hand slightly and then clench my fist suddenly?

All the Time!

Finally a game for me.

That was truly terrible.

Maybe that's their goal: Reduce expectations to subbasement level and then show off something just reaching "acceptable" later.

So... you get to play as a female Strogg? Do you get to conquer Earth and Stroggify people? I'm confused here.

Wow, they are trying way too hard.

What I saw was a bunch of Terminator references/imagery (also, boobs) and something that looked like a tech demo/benchmark from 2000.

I always have to laugh a little when they try to make a "badass" female character who dresses like a hooker. Is that really "empowering" for women? :rolleyes:

That was truly terrible.

Maybe that's their goal: Reduce expectations to subbasement level and then show off something just reaching "acceptable" later.

LOL, well the last thing 3drealms probably wants to do is try to get people interested in something only to end up with it released 10 years later.

This way, not only does it look like an actual improvement once 3drealms sells it to someone else to finish 10 years from now, but odds are we'll have totally forgotten about it so it'll seem all new.

That's gotta be the worst game trailer i've ever seen... wtf

They didn't tell you shit about the game, nor did they show off very well the engine.

And the explosions behind her bike? The hell is that shit?

We know plenty.

She has a funky cyber arm.

She's an alcoholic, likes motorcycles, and enjoys owning multiple copies of the same firearms.

First thing I thought was they were trying to make a female Duke Nukem... then by the end of the video (don't know how I got that far), it just confirmed it.

Seems more like glorified tech demo that's not really impressive, than a game. Concept at best.

its the new Doosh Pukem. Because the gaming industry needs a female lead character, and its politically correct yadda-yadda-rowr-meh bullshit.

I assume that people know about Bombshell right? was a character in the original DNF? Teaser should have been shorter in length and do a bit more teasing content wise... rather "meh" compared to the Wolfenstein trailer that just came out :p

I'm sorry, but that looks like some college student's final project. The animation was jerky as hell (masked somewhat by the moving camera), the textures were bad, there was nothing in the background in ANY of the shots (meaning it was a chick, her arm, a chair/tv/sidetable and a bike with explosions in the bg, AND THAT's IT). and the glass/liquid was amateurish at best.

I say fake or 3D Realms signed on as a publisher or name-drop and nothing else.

I kept waiting for something, but one character model does not make a game. I suppose if this was released 10 years ago, that might have looked impressive, but even the everything down to the textures were bad by today's standards.

Oh, and it's an "isometric action role-playing game" (something like 3/4 overhead view) - so... a bit more like a Diablo game...

Honestly, it looked like some kids demo-reel. NOT very impressed. Animation was poor. Modeling was poor. No details, no nothing. As a 3D artist, I would of skipped over this guys resume after about 5 seconds of the demo. :rolleyes:

You guys are harsh lol. It didn't look THAT bad. Definitely an indie title though.

I saw nothing compelling there. They're once again attempting to sell to the pubescent masses.

Back