Bluetooth Enabled Watches

Rofl-Mic-Lofl

For Whom The Bell Trolls
Citizen Japan has launched bluetooth enabled watches that can control your cellphone. James Bond laughs, but applauds their efforts.

"Other conveniences they offer you are controlling your cell phone’s volume, holding or denying the phone incoming calls, and displaying your cell phone’s battery level."

Last edited by a moderator:
*turns the tables* But your cell phone can tell you what time it is!!!!

This ranks up there with digital hearing aids with remote volume control on watches. When I was shopping for new aids, I was offered one with a remote on watches. I was like uh, no? The watch was fugly first of all. Secondly, if I can lift my arm to look at a watch, I can lift it the rest of the way up to hit the volume switch on the hearing aids themselves.

I'm not a watch person anyways. I look at my phone to get the time.

This ranks up there with digital hearing aids with remote volume control on watches. When I was shopping for new aids, I was offered one with a remote on watches. I was like uh, no? The watch was fugly first of all. Secondly, if I can lift my arm to look at a watch, I can lift it the rest of the way up to hit the volume switch on the hearing aids themselves.

I'm not a watch person anyways. I look at my phone to get the time.

I can think of some occasions where this can be handy.

#1 Driving.
#2 School.
#3 Movie theater.

If it's a quicker way to pick up or hang up the phone, and has a built in mic and speaker, that would be awesome. Especially if it has a 3.5mm headphone jack where you can listen to your mp3s.

Unfortunately, I had wearing watches. Gets caught on crap, and leaves marks on my arm. Not to forget, now you have another device to recharge.

I'm a watch person just for simplicity and always having the time quickly available.

I'm also a gadget nerd, and while things like this could be somewhat cool, the coolness is wasted by having to charge this thing (potentially every day/week) I already have to keep track of two laptops, two media players, cell phone, camera and other assorted things that need to be charged.

I think I'm on year 4 or 5 on my watch battery? It just works.

*turns the tables* But your cell phone can tell you what time it is!!!!
But you can't wear your cell phone on your wrist. It's a lot more convenient than walking around with your mobile in your hand all day... although that's what iPhone users seem to do. You don't even have to stop typing/driving/drywalling to check your status.

That being said, I swore I would never buy another watch after my Tag eight years ago. I don't see myself going back to *shudder* digital. ;)

Seem slike it would complicate my car stereo from automatically answering the call. No thanks.

ya, only on certain phones, for a japanese cellular carrier...

These two comments don't make sense to me at all:
Seem slike it would complicate my car stereo from automatically answering the call. No thanks.
Bluetooth allows pairing between multiple devices. If you choose to delay receiving a call, would you not want this to apply to all paired devices? Otherwise, it's just a status display, so what's the problem?

ya, only on certain phones, for a japanese cellular carrier...
Yes, all new technology made in Japan will only ever work in Japan. :confused:

hummm I foresee a bunch of guys losing their phones in the craziest places...

Nice watch but...it has no soul like a mechanical!
How about this piece instead (we already carry too much technojunk)?
cabestan-watch1.jpg

cabestan-watch2.jpg

Cabestan watch.

That watch looks painful if your arm hair gets snagged in the gears. *shudder*

I think you just answered your own question. :)

If i had the that kind of money to spare on a single wrist watch i'll buy it, but not because i think it's beatiful, just because the calibre design it's amazing.
Personally, i prefer my Luminor 1950 Submersible:D.

Back