BLOODBORNE - Gamescom gameplay trailer

50 second load times????...seriously?...my PC is laughing now...anyone know what time the review embargo lifts?...too much to expect tonight at midnight?

I was watching a couple streams last night on Hitbox.tv and the load times were insane. 20-30 seconds on death and at least a minute when going back to the hub. They need to get that much lower.

Other than that and the graphics and aliasing it looks pretty great.

I was watching a couple streams last night on Hitbox.tv and the load times were insane. 20-30 seconds on death and at least a minute when going back to the hub. They need to get that much lower

damn...I can go on a bathroom break or eat a snack while waiting for the levels to load...hopefully there are no Blighttown type of frame rate issues anywhere

Just ordered it digitally, hopefully that will help with both the noise (no cd spinning/checks) and load times.

Bloodborne hype reaching critical mass!!...DEFCON 1- Nuclear war is imminent!

why am I more excited for this then I was for Dark Souls 2?...has to be because of Miyazaki and the From Software A-Team being behind this

Bloodborne hype reaching critical mass!!...DEFCON 1- Nuclear war is imminent!

why am I more excited for this then I was for Dark Souls 2?...has to be because of Miyazaki and the From Software A-Team being behind this

For me it's the; 1.game being completely built around Guns/off-hands, NO SHIELDS/turtling and an emphasis on fast game-play with the bonus of refined Souls combat and, 2. The Victorian theme and I also wanted to get a PS4 again and this is really the only reason to, so I need it to be good.

tomorrow at 10:00 AM (EST) is when the review embargo lifts...I wonder how many points will be deducted for the load time and other performance issues?...still expecting no lower then 8's across the board

I've played dark souls 2 a while ago (got up to the guy that goes around the ring with a cart, had him at 2hp, quit the game and never booted it back up)

and demon souls (got through 1-1,1-2,3-1-3-2,4-1-4-2-4-3 this weekend as cheesy Royal)

I'm wondering if i'll like it. I've never played a souls game anywhere near their release dates, but i get frustrated easily. I like the idea of the souls games, but I don't really like some of the archaic designs, "uber hard, hardcore to the maxx" type shit, and losing souls.

I also hate the pricey DLCs that these usually get.

but the games are so unique and interesting... not sure what to do.

I don't know if they pushed out some update between the last 2 days, but the stream I'm watching today has considerably shorter load times, like around 20-25 seconds instead of the avg 50 I was seeing on thurs/friday

I don't know if they pushed out some update between the last 2 days, but the stream I'm watching today has considerably shorter load times, like around 20-25 seconds instead of the avg 50 I was seeing on thurs/friday

why do you watch so many streams, videos, spoilers, Wikipedia pages etc?...I remember you doing the same with Dark Souls 2 before its release...don't you like the element of surprise and exploration which is what makes the Souls games so great

why do you watch so many streams, videos, spoilers, Wikipedia pages etc?...I remember you doing the same with Dark Souls 2...don't you like the element of surprise and exploration which is what makes the Souls games so great?

Whats being spoiled? I haven't seen a single stream showing any levels or bosses that we haven't seen from prerelease pictures and videos. I'm not gonna remember any of this anyway, plus this stream is in German, so I have no idea what anything says.

You don't expect people to be at end game right now, do you? Most of these streamers are cheesing and not even good anyway. DS2 was the same, nothing was ever spoiled for me. I wiki the stats to get a better idea how I want to start the game. I have never followed any walkthrough. I wouldn't have a combined 600+ hours in DS and DS2 if I did.

why do you watch so many streams, videos, spoilers, Wikipedia pages etc?...I remember you doing the same with Dark Souls 2 before its release...don't you like the element of surprise and exploration which is what makes the Souls games so great

Plenty of people do this to see if they will like a game or not. I've avoided all Bloodborne media aside from the trailers, my biggest concern is people posting spoilers here :eek:

People have already beaten Bloodborne and posted videos of the ending.

Whats being spoiled? I haven't seen a single stream showing any levels or bosses that we haven't seen from prerelease pictures and videos. I'm not gonna remember any of this anyway, plus this stream is in German, so I have no idea what anything says.

You don't expect people to be at end game right now, do you? Most of these streamers are cheesing and not even good anyway. DS2 was the same, nothing was ever spoiled for me. I wiki the stats to get a better idea how I want to start the game. I have never followed any walkthrough. I wouldn't have a combined 600+ hours in DS and DS2 if I did.

doesn't necessarily have to be bosses...just watching someone play and showing the locations of traps, enemy placement, NPC's, item locations etc would not be something I would personally want to see...I guess I'm a purist and don't want to see anything beyond official trailers

People have already beaten Bloodborne and posted videos of the ending.

WTF? Serious? Well then. I was wrong.

doesn't necessarily have to be bosses...just watching someone play and showing the locations of traps, enemy placement, NPC's, item locations etc would not be something I would personally want to see...I guess I'm a purist and don't want to see anything beyond official trailers

See that's where your viewing habits differ from mine. I'm not paying close attention to any of this. What I've watched probably doesn't even equal 20 minutes. Especially with the wack-a-mole banning that is occurring on twitch...

See that's where your viewing habits differ from mine. I'm not paying close attention to any of this. What I've watched probably doesn't even equal 20 minutes. Especially with the wack-a-mole banning that is occurring on twitch...

I watched a dude break some boxes and he was speaking another language. The box breaking got me hyped up even thigh I had no idea what he was talking about. Time to bring this back from the OP:

NUyttbn.gif

Last edited:
Lol, what do we got, 48 hours?

24 hours and 45 minutes for digital unlocks.

I bought two physical copies of the game from Amazon (one for me, one for a friend who I wanted to play with), I need to try sneaking out early on Tuesday.

24 hours and 45 minutes for digital unlocks.

I bought two physical copies of the game from Amazon (one for me, one for a friend who I wanted to play with), I need to try sneaking out early on Tuesday.

Lucky. As much as I wanted to be on this day-one, a friend of mine works at gamestop and as a gift, he is sending me the collectors edition along with a t-shirt and giant poster they had for advertising. Hopefully I'll get it by thursday. He's gonna try to overnight everything. I'm super excited.

edit:

so i posted this on BG forum (blue gartr) in their bloodborne thread

but I found out about a new mechanic that most people don't seem to know about (I didn't know about it), and in fact most that are streaming the game don't seem to know about it either.

Not sure if this is the mechanic that Edge Magazine was forbidden to mention in their bloodborne preview issue, but just assuming it isn't the
beast transformation rumored mechanic
that they aren't referring to

If you run low on ammo, or completely out, you can press up on the dpad and it converts your own life into more ammunition (think: blood bullets)

pretty badass mechanic!

Got everything pre-loaded and have Wednesday off of work. My body is ready.

I would love to play this game Drunk but I don't drink anymore due to medical reasons...

So Pizza Hut is in order with the family.

I would love to play this game Drunk but I don't drink anymore due to medical reasons...

So Pizza Hut is in order with the family.

I think Pizza Hut might be fatally worse than the ol' drink. :D

I'd be all over this if I had not only a PS4, but time!

Could it be that user is using an SSHD or SSD? Did they elaborate?

So...I think i've convinced my buddy to let me borrow his PS4 tomorrow...I told him i'll buy the game, play it and then he can play afterwards.

Can anyone comment on digital vs hard copy and WHERE exactly to buy if there's any places better than Amazon or local shop.

I of course will be buying Demon Souls and playing since I've never gotten to play that either! I CANNOT WAIT!!!

So...I think i've convinced my buddy to let me borrow his PS4 tomorrow...I told him i'll buy the game, play it and then he can play afterwards.

Can anyone comment on digital vs hard copy and WHERE exactly to buy if there's any places better than Amazon or local shop.

I of course will be buying Demon Souls and playing since I've never gotten to play that either! I CANNOT WAIT!!!

demon's soul is PS3 exclusive unfortunately, PS4 can't play PS3 games

Buy it digital on the PSN store or just get a copy locally. The game hasn't been under $60 anywhere.

You can't play Demons Souls without a PS3, however you can play the Dark Souls 2 remaster in two weeks:
http://m.gamestop.com/catalog/product/118947

First reviews are trickling in:

Gamespot - 9/10
Jim Sterling - 10/10
Destructoid - 9/10
GameInformer - 9.75/10
The Escapist - 4.5/5
Hardcore Gamer - 4.5/5
EGM - 9.5/10
CGMagazine - 9.5/10
Attack of the Fanboy - 4.5/5
Playstation Lifestyle - 9/10
MMORPG - 9/10
Digital Spy - 5/5
The Telegraph - 5/5
RPG Site - 9/10
Games Radar - 4.5/5
NZ Gamer - 8.9/10

Not reading any reviews though since they'll contain spoilers, but 9's and 10's aren't surprising.

Looks like next gen has finally begun.

Last edited:
wow the reviews from my 'trusted' sites are amazing...jaw-dropping

here's Eurogamer's excellent review (which is more of a first impressions then a full review) with no real spoilers...

"Bloodborne feels more unforgiving than Dark Souls...What can be said in a more general sense is that these are some of the greatest environments From Software has ever produced, and the incoherence of Dark Souls 2 is a distant memory...what becomes increasingly evident about Bloodborne is the scale, with the city of Yarnham opening up in a manner reminiscent of Boletaria Castle and then going even further...the hub suggests a Demon's Souls type of structure, with distinct areas, but this is not the case - there are areas hived-off from the others, as there were in Dark Souls, but an enormous part of Bloodborne's world is continuous with no loading screens...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ne-the-best-game-ever-or-just-the-second-best

The only real negative Im seeing among the sites not giving a perfect 10 are dinging it mainly for load times, but it's unclear if that's based on the disc copy or digital copy (and I realize disc copy gets installed but there are disc checks during gameplay). Maybe this will be addressed in a patch later on but anyone that started out with the souls games on console won't find it out of the ordinary. Part of the pain of dying. We mainly got spoiled by crazy fast load times once DS and DS2 came to PC.

So, interim fix for loadtimes: die less.

My favorite quote:

"Bloodborne is a game that lets you put more sword on your sword because you need Too Much Sword."

mjABTLr.jpg

Back