Black Desert Online

It is nicer if you don't get stuck on things where you would have to keep doing one thing over and over so try and do different things , you will level anyway :) .

It's fine until lvl 45 or so. 45-50 is kinda grindy.
You think? I AFK fished myself to level 50 from 45 in about one week... i.e. hardly did anything. Three fishing trips = one level.

Game gets really grindy at 58+.

Valencia is releasing tomorrow. Anyone still playing BDO?

Valencia Part One Expansion Out

My guild, PRX, is doing well. We were one of four groups to take a region in the first round of sieges and are totally pumped for the Valencia content.

lgSJsAS.jpg

You think? I AFK fished myself to level 50 from 45 in about one week... i.e. hardly did anything. Three fishing trips = one level.
Game gets really grindy at 58+.

Valencia is releasing tomorrow. Who else is still playing?

My guild, PRX, is doing well. We were one of four groups to take a region in the first round of sieges and are totally pumped for the Valencia content.

Yeah, it's good that the game offers different ways of leveing up, but fishing straight for a week is insanely grindy.

Yeah, it's good that the game offers different ways of leveing up, but fishing straight for a week is insanely grindy.
From my point of view I did hardly anything since it was AFK fishing. It would probably take one day or less to level up from 45 to 50 since the patch that made leveling faster.

temped to get back into this but my warrior was 34 and my sam is like 17... Kinda hesitant since legion is around the corner and im a huge PVP buff. How is the pvp in this game?

temped to get back into this but my warrior was 34 and my sam is like 17... Kinda hesitant since legion is around the corner and im a huge PVP buff. How is the pvp in this game?

you will need to do a ton of PvE mob grinding to be PvP viable

+16 to +20 released recently so the gear gap has increased

+15 gear might be ok if you're in a small guild that is just fighting over a T1 node, but the node system is on hold at the moment for more fine tuning

I finally got my +15 Yuria bow :) I used some fail stacking on my grunil gloves , those for whatever reason can get me over +10 fail stacks (Gloves +8) which was pretty weird having 15 fail stacks my +13 Agerian helmet decided to proc to +14 . Had to start over ended up with 18 fail stacks and went for the bow it needed 26 stacks before it was done.
Maybe I'm lucky this way since now you can upgrade to +16 and +17 and keep it green , that is if it is true that the weapon upgrade (to yellow) bug is removed.

Skill Awakening system getting the revised KR version. skill resets will be free up to Lvl 55.

Upcoming Skill and Awakening system revisions

Night Vendor coming next Wednesday's patch

Arrival of the Night Vendor

Price of doing business:

While the rewards can indeed be exceptional and quite worth the investment to do business. Players will need to be ready fork out a hefty amount of energy in order to take a look into what’s for sale.

This totals at 50 energy per attempt, only a single item of the list included within this post will be visible per attempt. Some of these can be fantastic deals on potentially rare items, while others fall more in line with the current value of items on the auction house.

This system functions similar to the way hiring workers does, upon closing or purchasing the provided offer you may choose to invest another 50 energy to refresh the offered item.

Available Items for purchase:

• Hebetate Tree Spirit's Armor

• Kzarka Longsword

• Kzarka Longbow

• Kzarka Amulet

• Kzarka Axe

• Kzarka Shortsword

• Kzarka Blade

• Kzarka Staff

• Ogre Ring

• Basilisk's Belt

• Giath’s Helmet

• Red Nose’s Armor

• Bheg's Gloves

• Muskan's Shoes

• Ring of Crescent Guardian

• Blue Whale Molar Earring

• Tree Spirit Belt

• Centaur's Belt

• Ring of Cadry Guardian

• Witch's Earring

• Mark of Shadow

• Hard Black Crystal Shard bundle

• Sharp Black Crystal Shard bundle

• Hard Black Crystal Shard

• Sharp Black Crystal Shard

• Black Stone(Armor) Bundle

• Black Stone (Weapon) Bundle

• Black Stone Weapon

Last edited:
nice, well I need to get over 200 energy still , only at 163 need to visit the islands. The energy stuff is kinda complex even silly things as trader items allow you to gain knowledge.

P2W $15 / month item has been added

Introducing the Value Pack

Marketplace Collection Tax reduced by 30%

• For the duration of the Value Package players will receive a 30% reduction in the amount of tax applied from items sold on the Auction House.

Patch Notes

Patch Notes - July 20th

• Two new classes are being introduced: Ninja and Kunoichi
    • To ensure all players can participate with the release of the new classes, one additional character slot will be awarded for free.
  • The “Skill Awakening System” will be revised and replaced with the “Skill Add-On System”, for more details click here.

• Golden Dagger Event has been started.
o Golden Coelacanth Event has ended.

• The following Events will start:
    • Fun In The Sun - additional info >here<.

• Colors of Summer - additional info >here<.

MReUtDv.png

Warrior

• Fixed an issue where unintended kicks would be triggered by using the ability Ground Smash right after Sideways Cut.

• Fixed an issue where the damage was not always applied when using the ability “Slash X” directly after moving to the left or right.

• The amount of durability decrease has been slightly reduced.

Ranger

• The amount of durability decrease has been slightly reduced.

Sorcerer

• Damage done in PvP from the ability “Dark Flame” has been slightly decreased.

• Fixed an issue where the absorption of MP was not possible while using the ability “Shadow Riot” with 3 Shards of Darkness active.

Berserker

• Fixed an issue where the damage of the ability “Ultimate: Fierce Strike” was lower than its description.

Tamer

• Fixed the issue where monsters were not being pulled properly when using the ability “Void Lightning III”

• Animation speed of the ability “Summon Heilang” has been increased.

• Animation speed of the ability “Absorbing Heilang” has been increased.

• Animation speed of failing to “Absorb Heilang” has been increased.

• Fixed the issue where Heilang breaks guard on abilities such as “Super Armor”.

• Basic and Skill attack AP for Heilang has been increased.

• Heilang AI has been revamped
    • Heilang will no longer attack first or counterattack when summoned for the 1st time.

• Heilang will no longer attack first or counterattack while under the commands: Follow, Stay, or Sit.

• Heilang will no longer use its combat skills when the Tamer uses their own skill while under the commands: Stay or Sit.

• Heilang will attack first or counterattack during as normal while under the command: Attack.
Valkyrie

• Fixed the issue where jumping was still possible when weight was above 125%.

• Fixed an issue where the skill description of the ability “Punishment” included mounted combat.

• Key combination description has been added to ability “Sharp Light”.
Witch & Wizard

• Using the skill of “Magic Lighthouse” will now immediately activate to aggro Monsters and decreases their DP.

• Aggro generation for using the ability “Magic Lighthouse” has been dramatically increased.

• Fixed the issue where the speed of certain skills were different while mounted or dismounted for the following abilities:
    • Magic Arrow

• Fireball

• Chain Lightning

• Blizzard

• Meteor Shower
  • Fixed the issue where Lightning Storm buff was not being applied occasionally while using the ability “Chain Lightning”

• Fixed the issue where Fireball Explosion could be learned without learning the ability “Fireball”.

• Hitting effect color of the abilities “Lightning Storm” and “Residual Lightning” have been changed.

• Fixed issue where the effect Explosive Hit was being applied late when using the ability “Absorb Mana” while on a mount.

• Fixed issue where the damage of the ability “Concentrated Magic Arrow” wasn’t being applied properly

• Damage of the ability “Concentrated Magic Arrow” has been decreased when used in PvP.

Musa

• The ability “Ultimate: Blind Slash” can be used through hotkey while mounted now.

• Fixed issue where “Arrow Grapple” could be used through hotkey.

• Fixed the issue where “Blooming” was not activated after learning “Blooming: Phantom”.

• Fixed the issue where cool down timer wasn’t reset when using the ability “Rising Storm” while mounted.

• Movement speed has been increased when using “Chase” skills with Blade or Tiger Blade.
    • (For Maewha, movement speed is the same as before when using chase with tiger blade.)

Maehwa

• Fixed the issue where “Blooming” was not activated after learning “Blooming: Phantom”.

• The ability “Blind Slash” can be used through hotkey while mounted now.

• Fixed issue where Arrow Grapple could be used through hotkey.

• Movement speed has been increased when using “Chase” with blade.

Reveal hidden contents

f6344tD.png

Heating for Rare level or higher Accessory have been added.

• Ogre Ring

• Binder Necklace

• Necklace of Good Deeds

• Scarla Necklace

• Bensho's Necklace

• Ljurik's Necklace

• Ancient Guardian's Seal

• Token of Friendship

• Witch's Earring

• Binder Earring

• Mesto Earring

• Ridell Earring

• Earring of Dim Magical Power

• Earring of Concentrated Magical Power

• Earring of Sealed Magical Power

• Blue Whale Molar Earring

• Blue Coral Earring

• Red Coral Earring

• Mark of Shadow

• Shrine Guardian Token

• Binder Ring

• Ring of Good Deeds

• Nert Ring

• Outlaw's Ring

• Ring of Dim Magical Power

• Ring of Concentrated Magical Power

• Ring of Sealed Magical Power

• Ljurik's Ring

• Blue Coral Ring

• Red Coral Ring

• Rhutum Belt

• Rhutum Elite Belt

• Binder Belt

• Tree Spirit Belt

• Belt of Shultz the Gladiator

• Gartner Belt

• Rhutum Fighter Belt

• Ljurik's Belt

• Rhutum Elite Fighter Belt

• Sturdy Rhutum Elite Fighter Belt

• Secret Belt

• Scientist’s Will

• Recreated Scientist’s Will

• Ancient Weapon Core

Added “Bleach” item to loyalty shop at the cost of 1 loyalty per, you may purchase a maximum of 20 of this item per Account.

* This item will be available for a limited time only.

Reveal hidden contents

Pearl Shop Update

Ninja & Kunoichi

GMvawrm.jpg

Reveal hidden contents
All Other Items & Classes

FftZtZJ.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

87XSXJg.png

• The Night Vendor - Patrigio, has been added.
    • Patrigio sells various black market items and is only accessible in the night hours. Viewing the goods sold by this vendor will consume 50 energy, for more information click here.
  • The Day Vendor - Morco, has been added.
    • Morco sells various tools, gems, and other items during the daylight hours. Viewing the goods sold by this vendor will consume 10 energy.

• Speaking with Morco will also provide players with hints on where to find his night counterpart Patrigio.
  • The chance of getting higher tier horses while breeding has been increased.

• Swimming Mechanic Changes:
    • Swimming animation has been altered when wearing Splat Fisher’s Clothes.

• Stamina consumption while swimming has been decreased.

• Swimming speed will be decreased by 30% when players stamina hits 0.

• Players will automatically float to the surface of the water when the Breath Gauge reaches 0 while diving.
      • In the event a boat, rock, or other object is blocking the player’s path to the surface of the water, they may move horizontally until their path is no longer obstructed.
    • Fixed the issue where the small drum stays on the boat when player is swimming while wearing it.
  • Falling motion has been added when players fall from a great height.

• Camera shake effect has been decreased when the angle of camera is too low to the ground.

• Number of pets Players can have out increased to a maximum of 4.

PGtvzTc.png

• Buff icon for items introduced with the new “Skill Add-On System” have been added.

• Cooldown time will be indicated to the nearest tenth in tooltip descriptions.

• Fixed the issue where the word “Dyed” was indicated in Korean from item tooltips linked in chat.

• Level Up Guide will show up only when the player levels up in a safe zone or enters a safe zone.

• Fixed the issue where the balance of stored silver was displayed incorrectly in the inventory window after repairing equipment.

• Skill window now shows total skill points and amount of used points.

• [French] (F1) Help menu has been improved.

8Zfu5Lc.png

• Fixed issue where the animation for fishing did not stop when the durability of fishing rod had reached 0 while auto fishing.

• Cannon workshop has been changed to Storage
    - Processing or stuck workers are released
    - Materials for processing cannons are refunded as silver by in-game mail to all users affected
    - Processed cannons have been refunded as silver by in-game mail to all users affected

Massive reports of borked awakened skills. I'm sure there will be some swift patching to fix this.

P2W $15 / month item has been added

It depends on how you want to see this did you need this before ? IF you could play this game without needing it before you can consider it luxury more then you need it to play the game...

It depends on how you want to see this did you need this before ? IF you could play this game without needing it before you can consider it luxury more then you need it to play the game...

It's pretty hard to call an item that allows you to gain a significantly larger amount of ingame currency a luxury, when all of the best gear can be purchased from the market.

Yep. 264mb patch. Haven't played in a while now though so cant say what it did.

Witch was butt naked with a certain underwear after the Wednesday patch

Daum being the prudes they are hot fixed it Friday night

It's pretty damn nice that Velia beach is gold spot fishing place now. Got my first 125K fish and lots of gold, blues and shards.

It's pretty damn nice that Velia beach is gold spot fishing place now. Got my first 125K fish and lots of gold, blues and shards.

How many Relic Shards do you think you average on a 3 hour basis at that spot?

I started afk fishing instead of afk horse training since Relic Shards have gone up in price so much.

I think I average around 1-3 Relic Shards / 3 hours at a non-Gold Abundant area

Game has officially announced plans to introduce Pay2Win starting next week. You will be able to buy items from the cash shop and sell on the in-game markets for silver. In a game where gear is literally everything, you will be able to buy silver to buy gear.

In-game servers are filled with protests, riots etc.

Sadly, I called it early on after several sketchy p2w features kept sneaking in. People kept saying its fine, its not THAT big an advantage. It kept coming, and coming.

How many Relic Shards do you think you average on a 3 hour basis at that spot?

I started afk fishing instead of afk horse training since Relic Shards have gone up in price so much.

I think I average around 1-3 Relic Shards / 3 hours at a non-Gold Abundant area
Yesterday I got 2 from one trip. Today I actually got none.

Game has officially announced plans to introduce Pay2Win starting next week. You will be able to buy items from the cash shop and sell on the in-game markets for silver. In a game where gear is literally everything, you will be able to buy silver to buy gear.

In-game servers are filled with protests, riots etc.

Sadly, I called it early on after several sketchy p2w features kept sneaking in. People kept saying its fine, its not THAT big an advantage. It kept coming, and coming.
Personally I just do what I do and I do not care about what others do nor do I do PvP. However this potentially means that I can buy outfits without spending a single €... I think people overestimate how much money people are going to dump in this just to sell stuff on the marketplace so that they could get silver. I don't think that this will make a large difference in the end. Also if you suck as a player you suck even with decent gear.

Personally I just do what I do and I do not care about what others do nor do I do PvP. However this potentially means that I can buy outfits without spending a single €... I think people overestimate how much money people are going to dump in this just to sell stuff on the marketplace so that they could get silver. I don't think that this will make a large difference in the end. Also if you suck as a player you suck even with decent gear.

I think most people underestimate how much whales will whale, and never played Archeage. Be prepared for some serious trainwrecks as people spend thousands a month.

Thousands a month...? No wonder why they would go for a P2Win format.

Thousands a month...? No wonder why they would go for a P2Win format.

Literally had alliances and such in Archeage called Credit Card Alliance fueled by a few players that literally were spending thousands a month.

Literally had alliances and such in Archeage called Credit Card Alliance fueled by a few players that literally were spending thousands a month.

while I do consider the change to allow cash shop selling of items to be P2W, I'm pretty sure power is much more easily purchasable in Archeage than BDO

the highest end armor / weapon gear is still going to be gated by BDO's RNG upgrade system and some of the highest end of accessories (Ogre Ring) are more likely to be used and likely destroyed in upgrade attempts than sold on the Market Place.

the current proposal is 5 cash shop items can be sold per week. how significant this is depends on the price caps placed on the sale of cash shop items. if it potentially allows a person to get a few hundred million of silver a week, then it'll negatively affect certain parts of the game in terms of inflation, but best case scenario for the cash shop seller is that gear wise, they'll get closer in parity in comparison to a no life player. the no life player will still have higher character level & more skill points though which are important whenever weapon Awakenings are released.

anyways, this example of P2W in Archeage is not possible in BDO

Full armour sets go for ~19 mil. I dunno about you guys but that's doesn't sound pay2win to me... The ones who plan to use that to "win" are the ones who are getting rekted, especially since you can't dump endless amount of those item there per week.

EDIT:
Grrr... there aren't enough whales out there. I want to buy something for my ranger but they just don't sump enough sheit there.

Last edited:
Also sounds like they are fixing to start coming down hard on the credit card charge back warriors by denying charge backs to those without a truly legit reason. (I played for months and spent hundreds is no longer going to fly)

Full armour sets go for ~19 mil. I dunno about you guys but that's doesn't sound pay2win to me... The ones who plan to use that to "win" are the ones who are getting rekted, especially since you can't dump endless amount of those item there per week.

EDIT:
Grrr... there aren't enough whales out there. I want to buy something for my ranger but they just don't sump enough sheit there.

Dang that's only 95 million for $150. A person would have to be wacky to do that.

Wow Tokens, Apex, PLEX were all cheap when they came out too. It will need to be months down the road before effects are roaring through, just like in those games.

They can try to come down on the charge-backs however, Daum stated no p2w, and that nothing like what was added to the game would ever be added in, and there is video proof of it.

They will lose.

Back