Black Desert Online

This game is a sandbox. There is no "end game" style encounters. Just a living breathing world that you can live in and become master of whatever you wish to become master of. Want to be the top dog fisher? You can be it. Best trader? Check. Number one boat builder? There is a profession track for that. Furniture maker to the stars? Yes. Mass serial killer of afk fishermen? Go for it. Have plenty of farms? It's there for you! Own a fort? You can do it with your guild in the future when that patch comes. Fight some cool outdoor bosses? Go for it.

Forced to run the same dungeon 1000x for some gear until the next set of dungeons come out? The game doesn't have that.

Game sounds like a job simulator. I wanna kill some dragons or something. Probably not for me

Some would describe it as having the end game at the start.

Game sounds like a job simulator. I wanna kill some dragons or something. Probably not for me
Kzarka (other field bosses) :) but anyway this game has some drawbacks and advantages. No one will bitch at you for whatever reason you can go through this game at your own pace.
Since there is no strangle hold on you doing things you can just leave trading or crafting and buy it of the AH.

The core of the game once you get your levels doing boss scrolls (guild events feature this as well) so pretty much PvE centric.

Some would describe it as having the end game at the start.
For what it delivers it is pretty decent , no subscription fee and you don't have to buy stuff from the pearl shop

Just don't think that this is like WoW :) and you will be fine ;) .

After patch...
blackdesert642016-06-gzyfp.png

...I had my brief moment of something.

By the way, this is a fishing hotspot:
blackdesert642016-06-9fk63.jpg

blackdesert642016-06-p2q8r.png

Tiny bit left or right and you start catching junk.

Ban Waves

Posted 11 hours ago

Greetings Adventurers,

While the vast majority of the community consists of honest players, some users did resort to cheating by using bots and hacking tools. This kind of behavior is a violation of our Terms of Use and not tolerated by us. After an investigation phase, where we made sure to collect all required details, we will now start banning those individuals on a bigger scale.

Starting today we will ban bot and cheating tool users in waves.

Banning waves will take place in regular intervals and we will continue banning as long as we find cheaters.

There is no coming back for convicted cheaters. Bans are permanent.

We also want to thank everyone who participated in our Hacker Hunting Initiative so far.
Please keep it up! The video evidence provided by you has been invaluable to our investigations.

227 people like this

2 excellent vids with some back ground information on what is to come and what has been happening at Daum regarding Black Desert

This is from PVTwiggles. 1st part 30 minutes 2nd 60 minutes.

I was redoing my houses in Velia and Heidel . If you get the correct housing (for Velia it is the Toscani farm) you can free up a good deal of contribution points :)

I was redoing my houses in Velia and Heidel . If you get the correct housing (for Velia it is the Toscani farm) you can free up a good deal of contribution points :)
Do you know of any website that has a guide/list to help with the ideal places to grab? An interactive one would be sweet.

So am I going to be innocently riding my horse past a castle and suddenly Dumbo rolls out and flat lines me? Or do I need to go to war first? :)

massive patch notes

Patch 15.06 (Siege War) postponed

• Processing doesn't require energy
  • Ghillie suit doesn't work in node wars/red battlefield
  • Marketplace buy orders
  • Accuracy and DP offhands now gain damage on enhance from +8-15
  • Receive all button for mail

People on the official forums are raging hard over the removal of energy for processing. I would really love to know why they are doing that.

People on the official forums are raging hard over the removal of energy for processing. I would really love to know why they are doing that.

it greatly diminishes the value of having a high level processing skill

certain processing levels open up the ability to process new types of things or increased proc rates

after you've reach those tiers, the only reason to have a higher processing level is so that less energy points are consumed when processing

making processing cost no more energy, makes those higher processing levels pointless

so people that have a high processing level, dedicated a lot of time & energy into something that is going to greatly diminish in value once the patch releases

it greatly diminishes the value of having a high level processing skill

certain processing levels open up the ability to process new types of things or increased proc rates

after you've reach those tiers, the only reason to have a higher processing level is so that less energy points are consumed when processing

making processing cost no more energy, makes those higher processing levels pointless

so people that have a high processing level, dedicated a lot of time & energy into something that is going to greatly diminish in value once the patch releases

But you have to remember, this is a Korean game and we get their features... processing has been free on there this whole time. I grinded to Artisan 6 processing and still could not keep up with the amount of mats I gathered.

EDIT/UPDATE: BDO Twitter feed now says issue appears to be resolved. Not sure how much I trust them though. ;)

DO NOT START LAUNCHER RIGHT NOW!!!

There is a big file corruption issue going on right now, many/all are getting that message when trying to patch the game, it goes to then check the integrity of the game files. I have not fired the launcher up myself so I have no idea if they are going to have to patch some files first or not. People are thinkin the entire game is re-downloading when it's not.

They are updating their twitter feed on the issue, hopefully resolved soon.

Last edited:
DO NOT START LAUNCHER RIGHT NOW!!!

There is a big file corruption issue going on right now, many/all are getting that message when trying to patch the game, it goes to then check the integrity of the game files. I have not fired the launcher up myself so I have no idea if they are going to have to patch some files first or not. People are thinkin the entire game is re-downloading when it's not.

They are updating their twitter feed on the issue, hopefully resolved soon.

Thanks I was downloading already

Was going pretty fast and only 3.5gb big . My guess is that this will take a while lets hope servers are up in 3 or 4 hours

My files are now corrupted. I just started my DL after the green light from BDO. :(

If you have some kind of temp folders there you should delete them and then try again.

This is how it should look like:
Clipboard-1.png

By the way... The fishing changes they made are rather annoying. AFK fishing is not very good solution any more.

It looks like you gain combat level like crazy with fishing after the patch.

Last edited:
You would have thought that after all these years something as Par2 would now be a standard ;) all over the internet.

This is pretty crazy. I'm level 44 now and one fishing trip (inc. selling the fishes) gave me about 40% lvl.

Last edited:
This is pretty crazy. I'm level 44 now and one fishing trip (inc. selling the fishes) gave me about 40% lvl.

hehehe

The only thing I have done last few days were trying to get some contribution points spent in a different way. And keep beering the followers ;)

I ended up uninstalling the game and reinstalling it. Seems that when you uninstall it, the directory where all the files are isn't deleted. It was able to use the same files and continue the installation.

I am wondering about upgrading my 14 Yuria to 15 , can force it at 29 stones, should I do that or try fail stacking? Last enchant from 13 to 14 took me 22 stacks ...

I am wondering about upgrading my 14 Yuria to 15 , can force it at 29 stones, should I do that or try fail stacking? Last enchant from 13 to 14 took me 22 stacks ...

depending on how many resources you have, eventually you want to have a character or characters that have high fail stacks on them to attempt DUO / TRI upgrades

Do not force. It's pretty likely that you manage to do it before using 29 stones. IMO it only makes sense to not force when you need >20 stones.

Last edited:
I have enough stones to force, 140 armor still and 38 weapon. So not to sure what I should do.

I've lately just forced up to +13 and after than I've just tried my luck (it has always been worth it that way, luckily).

Lol, someone posted this in Reddit (after visiting a random house).
Jn3xJTv.jpg

Tup3x I know what I'm doing now. Those dolls can be manufactured? Going to intersperse more candles into it for full effect.

Bought this game last night. Will try after gym tonight. Heard this game was grindy but we'll see.

Bought this game last night. Will try after gym tonight. Heard this game was grindy but we'll see.

It's fine until lvl 45 or so. 45-50 is kinda grindy, but not too bad for a korean mmorpg. 50+ is pain in the ass.
I paid $99 for this game lol, barely played it past lvl 50.
I wish the combat is as fun as in Lineage 2. some might disagree with me, but Lineage 2 had more "punch". Perhaps because SS made it more explosive. I can grind that game, but not BDO.

Back