• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Black Desert Online

By the way... Do you drown once you run out of stamina while swimming?
 
You are instagibbed if you drown! Been there, done that. For science of course!
 
Your health drains and then when that depletes you drown.
Shame... Characters have rather limited swimming ability. Though, in full armour real people would drop like stones. However, that fish costume....
 
day 2 of the free day trial, some thoughts so far as a level 20 sorceress. about 6 hours total. will probably try ranger or witch next. on Mediveh 1

dialog/story is so bad. mouth animations don't match. just terrible overall. I skip all cut scenes, mostly skip dialog

combat is pretty interesting, so far just mostly spamming, but sometimes I have to dodge and think about what stuns/aoes to use. animations are top notch.

auto run/ auto navigation is nice, super easy to watch house of cards

for an mmo, I have had zero interaction with any other player. no chat, no waving or emotes, nothing. I don't expect anything but very odd to be completely ignored.

This probably has to do with the un-intuitive chat box. I don't know what the button is to chat. I see the chat, and clicky no worky.
 
You have to know that this game is somewhat special where everything else would have been developed for the NA/EU market and this has been adapted for us rather then tailored.
It looks and feels a little bit clunky until you get things as combat and that is where this game has some very nice features.
I have been playing this game quite slow atm im trying to get the gather quests done in the farm at Heidal which allows you to get a quest chain in Heidal for advanced processing only L20 and my skills as Fishing are not beginner any more and the gathering is also getting there.
Through use of the Velia trainer i was able to buy a new weapon from doing the amity shop mini game (have a rating high enough to unlock the special shop for "exclusive" items) .

There is so much :) Hope that I never get bored of this game ;) .

Btw later today PVTwiggles on his youtube channel will host a DAUM Q&A (twitch) which lasted a hour orso .

Pvt Wiggles
 
day 2 of the free day trial, some thoughts so far as a level 20 sorceress. about 6 hours total. will probably try ranger or witch next. on Mediveh 1

dialog/story is so bad. mouth animations don't match. just terrible overall. I skip all cut scenes, mostly skip dialog

combat is pretty interesting, so far just mostly spamming, but sometimes I have to dodge and think about what stuns/aoes to use. animations are top notch.

auto run/ auto navigation is nice, super easy to watch house of cards

for an mmo, I have had zero interaction with any other player. no chat, no waving or emotes, nothing. I don't expect anything but very odd to be completely ignored.

This probably has to do with the un-intuitive chat box. I don't know what the button is to chat. I see the chat, and clicky no worky.

Enter is to open the chat box. From there you can talk in General chat all day, but it is the equivalent of /say in other MMOs where only people near you can see it.
You can click on General and change it to talk server wide. I forget what it's called as I use the hotkey ALT + 2. It requires 1 energy to send every message. This is to keep spam bots from spamming.
The first thing I suggest that you do is to make the chat window larger by re sizing it as in Windows. That way when a bot spams a HUGE wall of text you can find and block them. We seem to have unlimited Block potential so feel free to add racists to your list.
Emotes are on the S button on the General chat window. There is a S and another button that I forget. Any S is the emotes and there is no /dance. And no /dance makes me /sad.
I don't whisper much, but the whisper interface is just a click of the General tab and changing it to whisper. I think you can click names in chat to whisper to them. Not sure as I rarely use it.

I like the story as I think the best anime is when it's in the native tongue of the developer with English subtitles. Having actual English voice actors is a treat that rarely experienced by me. Congrats on 20. My top character is 27. I keep running Trade routes instead of leveling as it is fun to stack my horse with 3 items and see how overburdened he looks. I guess it is a he. I should take a gander and see I suppose. I named it Devil, so that could be either male or female. Hope you find the minigames like horse riding, cooking, trading, furniture making, etc enjoyable. They are what have me addicted to the game even more than the sweet combat.
 
Try #2
I've tried reddit and mmorpg as well
Any NA guest pass love for a fellow H member? I would buy it but money is tight right now.
 
Gave the game a 7 day trial... And man did it just not click for me. Everything just felt clunky and I disliked a lot of the animations. Glad I didn't buy into it, it had some interesting concepts but game just isn't for me
 
That is odd because i don't really find anything about it clunky.

And the animations for the most part are some of the best around.
 
I think that a lot of people are still clicking or hitting 1-9 to cast moves. If you do that the game plays like dog poop and everything is disjointed and ambiguous feeling. This game is more Devil May Cry combos where you live and die by the combos. A player should be using QWEASDF and the mouse to cast 99% of the combos. You can cancel moves and other tricks using that control scheme. Nothing better than dropping a combo on my Valkyrie; yelling let the light bathe you, and then sending 10 enemies to hell with a flash of light finisher.
 
I think that a lot of people are still clicking or hitting 1-9 to cast moves. If you do that the game plays like dog poop and everything is disjointed and ambiguous feeling. This game is more Devil May Cry combos where you live and die by the combos. A player should be using QWEASDF and the mouse to cast 99% of the combos. You can cancel moves and other tricks using that control scheme. Nothing better than dropping a combo on my Valkyrie; yelling let the light bathe you, and then sending 10 enemies to hell with a flash of light finisher.
Oh yeah, Valkyrie feels just so smooth once you get the combos rollin'. Clunky? Most definitely not.
 
day 4 and I ended up buying the game, ended up on Uno server with a level 39 Sorceress. +7 aswell weapon rips shit up. stats are 39 AP and 39 DP with +3 cast speed and attack speed.

leveled up fishing as it seems to be a great way to get money. currently apprentice 2.

the combo system is super deep, although pve can get a bit lazy since you're not really punished for screwing up or not stun locking. I try to practice as much dodge and knockdown/stun as possible.

One thing I like about mmo's is I can watch stuff on my second monitor and still level and fish. Auto-navigate feature is awesome.

Downloading now. Hoping this is like FFXI was for me back in the day. I need a new distraction.
I played ffxi back in the day too, was a fun game, super grindy. I was the asshole rdm/nin with a kraken sword and +10% speed pants soloing shit. Never found a game since then that encouraged parties so much at such an early level. impossible to solo level effectively.
 
Hmm... I guess I should consider doing something to my gear. I'm now lvl 30 (Valk) and it looks like I should consider enchanting my shit. I can't faceroll those bandits anymore and they hit rather hard.
 
I got 4 Black stone drops early on in the game and then they just stopped dropping. Threw them on some Argerian gloves and everything was a breeze to tank again.
 
I got 4 Black stone drops early on in the game and then they just stopped dropping. Threw them on some Argerian gloves and everything was a breeze to tank again.

The thing is I have 2 and currently not using them but supposedly all up to 5 are 100% and the reason why I'm not enchanting is that I have the wrong armour ;) . But i just realized that you can extract them from the armour again and you get back the number you successfully applied ..
 
I have quite a lot of 'em. Probably around ten if I remember correctly (got three or four today). Currently I use full agerian except gloves are zereth. Shield is axion (or something like that) and sword is basteer. I think my gear is pretty balanced though I'm not 100% sure if I should use agerian gloves. I'm also unsure about my weapon.
 
The thing is I have 2 and currently not using them but supposedly all up to 5 are 100% and the reason why I'm not enchanting is that I have the wrong armour ;) . But i just realized that you can extract them from the armour again and you get back the number you successfully applied ..

As long as you don't care about destroying the armor the black stones are in, on armor you can enchant up to +5 100% and weapons are +7, and you can go to an armor smith to pull the black stones out of the item they are in and the item gets destroyed, and you get back 100% of the stones within the +5 for armor and +7 for weapons range, so you can freely put your black stones in what ever you want so long as you do not care about the item they are actually in and do not exceed the 100% return limit.

It is also worth just buying the Yuria weapon of which ever you use from the auction house, since it will likely be the weapon you use for a long long time, and it has + human damage on it and all the bandits are humans at least until you get over to the demihuman section, but you are mostly killing human bandits. and then you are also free to pump all your weapon blackstones into that weapon.
 
Did I overdo it? That being said I *think* that should make a difference.

BlackDesert64 2016-03-22 12-40-10-289.png

Changed my weapon to Yuria and shield to vargzsadsadas something.

EDIT:
Weapon is +5 now. And yeah, this all made a massive difference.
 
Last edited:
Downloading now. Hoping this is like FFXI was for me back in the day. I need a new distraction.
Did I overdo it? That being said I *think* that should make a difference.

View attachment 1238
Changed my weapon to Yuria and shield to vargzsadsadas something.

I use aswell for the for +accuracy during leveling. although I think after I hit 41 last night I'm going to switch as acc doesn't seem to matter as much over 35. And this is killing purple mobs 24/7
 
so i somehow lost my +7 yuria longsword... I opened a ticket and within 15 min it was resolved and I had my sword in my inventory... Holy crap thats awesome
 
What is this maintenance thing? Don't they know I can't sleep and want to play?

:hilarious:
 
That is odd because i don't really find anything about it clunky.

And the animations for the most part are some of the best around.

There's actually a part of the game I find really clunky and really, really, REALLY hate.

That is keyboard turning. My character is strafing with A/D, then suddenly starts turning. There's no way to change this option and makes gameplay quite frustrating. Especially pvp.

I'm lvl 50 on my sorceress and have really hard time grinding :/
Which is sad as I wanted to get to at least lvl 57. Weird I come from Lineage 2 which was a similar open world pvp grind your nuts of type to game. Guess I've turned too casual.
 
There's actually a part of the game I find really clunky and really, really, REALLY hate.

That is keyboard turning. My character is strafing with A/D, then suddenly starts turning. There's no way to change this option and makes gameplay quite frustrating. Especially pvp.

I'm lvl 50 on my sorceress and have really hard time grinding :/
Which is sad as I wanted to get to at least lvl 57. Weird I come from Lineage 2 which was a similar open world pvp grind your nuts of type to game. Guess I've turned too casual.

I have not noticed any A/D character turning, my character always looks where the crosshair is pointed and that is controlled by the mouse not by A/D for me.

I actually just hit lvl 40, in the 500+ hours i have on my character, still have not hit 50 due to putting a lot of focus on breeding horses have gotten 3x T6's so far. including the fastest one that has 127.5% base speed.

My Yuria Shortsword is up to +13 atm tho.
 
Last edited:
I have not noticed any A/D character turning, my character always looks where the crosshair is pointed and that is controlled by the mouse not by A/D for me.
If you sprint and then use a/d to turn then your character will turn. I think there was another scenario (autorun?) too but I can't remember for certain.
 
If you sprint and then use a/d to turn then your character will turn. I think there was another scenario (autorun?) too but I can't remember for certain.

I guess to me the movement feels like it should or how i expect it to behave so i never really notice it.
 
Guys, how is the game like? Still lots of hype around the game? How's the end game like?
 
I guess to me the movement feels like it should or how i expect it to behave so i never really notice it.
To me it feels natural as well. Sprinting is one situation where it makes sense that the keys turn the character instead of making it strafe.
 
Guys, how is the game like? Still lots of hype around the game? How's the end game like?

It's good enough that I stopped playing my entire library to play this. No idea how end game works as I'm too busy farming and trading on various toons. I should stop and concentrate on one really. ;)
 
Back
Top