- Joined
- Nov 22, 2008
- Messages
- 6,617
Something weird going on with ETH. Every time is drops there is a following bump but it doesn't keep rising as in the market isn't buying it as a whole. Some parties are trying to keep it afloat imo.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Glad you showed us your crystal ball. What is the stock market going to be at in a week? What is a good investment strategy? With your skills you should know. Except any person that predicts the future either is extremely lucky, or has some knowledge that is water proof that most people don't know, otherwise it's what most people refer to as CACA.ETH is already at 600 and droping ...itll be under 400 by the end of the week
Heh, except you realize that any thread with "Bitcoin" in the title is just chumming the waters for the worst, most pointless bickering that rivals only online political bickering.
Wow, it is almost like it was noted in the OP.I hope this is relevant. A whole bunch of banks took away the ability to buy bitcoin or any cryto with credit cards, and the market tanked, even though they still allow you to buy junk food, lottery tickets, gamble and all kinds of other not so smart things. Can I sue?
Who do you want to sue besides yourself? Can I sue the casino because I bet $100k on red and it came up black?Sorry, El Chingon, not really going to sue myself, so I don't follow. The reality is lots of money was lost, and outlawing everything would never work. To each his own, we disagree.
They're fucked honestly. They could try to hold and hope for the best, but from everything I've read this will likely never see over $10k again.
it will when ETH is under 100 bucks
They took my vidya cards! or better yet, 'They terk err vidah cerds!'

I hope this is relevant. A whole bunch of banks took away the ability to buy bitcoin or any cryto with credit cards, and the market tanked, even though they still allow you to buy junk food, lottery tickets, gamble and all kinds of other not so smart things. Can I sue?
Funny you think the banks are doing this to protect the people making those risking transactions on credit. The banks are making those decisions to protect themselves from the people making those risking investments.The banks for drastically reducing the number of people able to buy cryto, like was mentioned in the OP!
yup some one is trying to keep it up since its tied to the mining market they have been trying hard all day tooSomething weird going on with ETH. Every time is drops there is a following bump but it doesn't keep rising as in the market isn't buying it as a whole. Some parties are trying to keep it afloat imo.
yup some one is trying to keep it up since its tied to the mining market they have been trying hard all day too
I just love all the bitcoin predictions, both up and down. In reality it is pure gambling and that's the only rationale it follows. Reminds me a bit of why we left the gold standard.
You don't think the banks would do anything to manipulate the market one way or the other just to come in low to sell high after they reduced the demand by cutting off any credit card purchases do you? The banks are never to be trusted, it's enough to make you sick some of the utter lies they try to pull.It does still hurt, and that is thier line, by the way do you think the Banks like or dislike crypto today? Changes everytime, I am unsure. The whole thing is pretty crazy.
The market in general has been shitting itself pretty hard recently, it's not just BTC. Dow flushed 600+ on Friday and a HUGE turd today, down 1175. Insanity.
A couple more days of this and I'm going to have to cash out and stick it all under the mattress.
A couple more days of this and I'm going to have to cash out and stick it all under the mattress.
I just love all the bitcoin predictions, both up and down. In reality it is pure gambling and that's the only rationale it follows. Reminds me a bit of why we left the gold standard.
The banks don't like crypto for many reasons; obviously its a direct threat to their business model, they can't control it, it undermines their ability to get a government bailout every couple decades, and it drains their float of essentially free money that customers leave collecting dust in savings accounts receiving next to nothing in interest.
So they "ban" crypto under the guise of being for something other than their own self interest. Unfortunately it's an exercise in futility, just like one country or government thinking they can "ban the Internet".
I hope you have good security, expect gamers on your front door step any second.I'd just like to be able to find a reasonably priced 1600W psu that didn't amount to junk.
But in the meantime, while we're waiting for Team Lemming to harness up, because you just can't have too many surplus video cards:
might not be practical for large trades, but for hundreds of years, ppl used curency that could be traded for gold to whatever org held your gold, so you had 1mil worth of gold when you were born and you still had 1mil worth of gold when you die, now you are born with 1mil and you die with 300k, 700k just vanishes overtime, so the problem isn't gold the problem is the gov that holds your gold.Because gold isn't terribly practical? Fiat currency isn't the problem. Excessive debt undermining the issuing country is the problem. Though I suppose if you want to argue that the accumulation of excessive debt is inevitable, then you've got a point. The USA is certainly headed in that direction.
I hope you have good security, expect gamers on your front door step any second.
Not terribly surprising...stock market is down as well. Personally, I think equities are overdue for a correction (10% or greater decline). Bitcoin will be much worse. I don't know the "real" value of bitcoin, but I know it isn't 20k per.
Ok, we can go on arguing whose money is less evil and stuff....uh, guys, hate to say it, but it t'aint my stash.![]()
The gold standard meant the currency was backed by gold and in theory you could trade your gold certificates in for real gold. The boom and bust cycle is what I'm referring to, look at the cycle in the Victorian era, almost like clockwork.Because gold isn't terribly practical? Fiat currency isn't the problem. Excessive debt undermining the issuing country is the problem. Though I suppose if you want to argue that the accumulation of excessive debt is inevitable, then you've got a point. The USA is certainly headed in that direction.
The banks don't like crypto for many reasons; obviously its a direct threat to their business model, they can't control it, it undermines their ability to get a government bailout every couple decades, and it drains their float of essentially free money that customers have happily left for them to collect dust in savings accounts while receiving next to nothing in interest.
So they "ban" crypto under the guise of being for something other than their own self interest, protecting the status quo and $35 overdraft fees. Unfortunately it's an exercise in futility, just like one country or government thinking they can "ban the Internet".
Bad debt is bad debt, be it a subprime mortgage or an idiot maxing his VISA to speculate on Crypto.
Personally I wouldn't do it and agree with you, an argument would be a bad debt is bad when it's bad, so not really a difference between other questionable purchasing, it does get to be a slippery slope to try to decide which risky behavior is OK.Bad debt is bad debt, be it a subprime mortgage or an idiot maxing his VISA to speculate on Crypto.
The real value of BTC is 0, since it has no backing. At this stage it is only used for speculative or ilegal purposes, but mostly speculative. A currency that grows so quickly can't be used as currency. And since currency has no value on its own... BTC is worth 0 (long, long term). At this time, though...
The real value of BTC is 0, since it has no backing.
Neither does the USD since they dropped the gold standard a few decades ago.... Yet somehow USD is better because it's 'backed' by the our 'Murcan gov'ment....... The same government that's now spending what, 2$ for ever 1$ in revenue and continuing to set record deficits, printing out more (unbacked) money whenever needed (non-stop), dumping it into the stock market to keep it afloat etc.... Yea, it's pretty obvious which currency is going to be worth 0 (long, long term).
1080tis have been available all day today... (nowinstock)
Dear Internal Revenue Service,
The real value of BTC is 0, since it has no backing. Mkay? I heard it on the internet so it's totally true. I mean, what is BTC anyway? Some kind of unicorn tulip monopoly money? It's not even real. How can it be real, AMIRITE? Hahaha.
Anyhoo, so I respectfully decline your request for $50K in capital gains tax on my 2017 cryptocurrency earnings, because 40% of zero.. is zero.
Are we cool? Phew.
Sincerely,
-Crypto investor
Personally I wouldn't do it and agree with you, an argument would be a bad debt is bad when it's bad, so not really a difference between other questionable purchasing, it does get to be a slippery slope to try to decide which risky behavior is OK.
Don't get ahead of yourself, mining is still profitable. This is just a correction.