• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bitcoin Discussion Thread Part 2

Yep, same for me.

Yes, it seems the sql replication can't handle the stats load of 4million active shares.

So, I'm currently moving it all to an 8core Xeon server. It should be up before too long.

Edit: a NEW server, not one of the existing servers..
 
Last edited:
Ok, new replication server is online. page loads are much better.

I'll be moving the rest of the server later.
 
I was, but it was locking up every 12 hours or so, and it was in the server rack at work, and I got tired of having to mess with it, so its at home not mining because my basement is warm enough with 3 miners in it

Haven't used it in awhile, but now that it's persistent it should be useable. Your hashrate should be better in linux (unless you are volt modding in windows).

I prefer a full ubuntu install, but the setup is slightly longer.
 
LOL. I can't tell if he's an epic troll or a total moron that can't use google.

Dude stop trolling him, can't you see he speaks the truth. Bitcoins are not a currency, that's just somebody paying you for your computer power. dddddduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 
just ordered a pair of AMD Athlon II X2 250's a pair of MSI 970A-G45's and a pair of some 16GB ADATA usb thumb drives, hope to install everything using Linuxcoin using these guides

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7374.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=28dd4d5ee3e25aec37460be0da655ce1&topic=29021.40


Anybody here running linuxcoin off of a usb thumb drive? how is the performance compared to a openCL miner? Never used Linux before so not sure what to expect.

I was, but it was locking up every 12 hours or so, and it was in the server rack at work, and I got tired of having to mess with it, so its at home not mining because my basement is warm enough with 3 miners in it
 
so Lorien,
Whats today's explanation for the drop? lol

They need to get back up to 11.50/BTC so I can cash out to buy my new stacks from Spotswood:D
 
so Lorien,
Whats today's explanation for the drop? lol

They need to get back up to 11.50/BTC so I can cash out to buy my new stacks from Spotswood:D

ooo ooo ooo does that mean you haven't sent payment yet!? lol maybe I will get mine first then :D
 
Last edited:
whoa, someone bought out a lot of my NMC for BTC , the rate is like .03 right now but i had some on there for .05 and those even got traded :eek:

oh and if anyone wants Ruxum exchange invite i have 10 of them
just PM me with your email
 
whoa, someone bought out a lot of my NMC for BTC , the rate is like .03 right now but i had some on there for .05 and those even got traded :eek:

oh and if anyone wants Ruxum exchange invite i have 10 of them
just PM me with your email

What's the big deal with ruxum?
 
What's the big deal with ruxum?

afaik, its some exchange created by some ex-citigroup people

i started at Ruxum and haven't used MtGox or any other exchanges so i can't say for sure how it's better/worse
 
afaik, its some exchange created by some ex-citigroup people

i started at Ruxum and haven't used MtGox or any other exchanges so i can't say for sure how it's better/worse

Guess I'll take an invite.

Also, had to restart the simplecoin.us pool to allow the new server to see it. Sorry about the outage, should have been less than a minute.
 
Getting a 504 again on the simplecoin website. Please fix this tsd.
 
Got two of these Sapphire 6950s now. I guess I have to try to flash them first. Does anybody have a link to a bios that is good for mining for these cards? It's going to be a mess moving all my cards around again. Need to free up two slots on a single system since 6xxx doesn't play nice with 5xxx.

Sapphire-HD-6950.jpg
 
Got two of these Sapphire 6950s now. I guess I have to try to flash them first. Does anybody have a link to a bios that is good for mining for these cards? It's going to be a mess moving all my cards around again. Need to free up two slots on a single system since 6xxx doesn't play nice with 5xxx.

I have a 6950 with two 5830's in one system! I just installed the cat 11.6 for the 6950, then installed the two 5830's, and installed the drivers only, individually, through device manager... works like a champ!

If you're on linux, then I don't know what to tell ya!
 
Still no simplecoin block. Guess I really am a Jinx.

Oh, so it's YOUR fault I had to recode the stats again and upgrade the web/replication server.... :mad:

Seriously though, this is the block from hell.
 
Oh, so it's YOUR fault I had to recode the stats again and upgrade the web/replication server.... :mad:

Seriously though, this is the block from hell.

On a happy note, my new HAF932 just arrived. Now if I just had the PSU I bought...
 
What is the longest block simplecoin has to endure so far?

This one. the last long block barely broke 2million shares.

The live stats on 4million shares is what the strain is. Each page hit does 2-4 full indexed range scan queries across millions of records. Since the table has to pretty much be innodb for row-level locking, this is quite an expensive task. I may end up converting all the tables to innodb, just so I can push the cache to 70% of ram and not rely on system cache at all.
 
I am often getting a Gateway error on Simplecoin.us and it appears Web Site is extremely Slow
Any body have a similar experience ?
 
I am often getting a Gateway error on Simplecoin.us and it appears Web Site is extremely Slow
Any body have a similar experience ?
Yea everyone been having the same problem for a couple of days now,but tsd is working hard to get everything running smoothly.
 
Yea everyone been having the same problem for a couple of days now,but tsd is working hard to get everything running smoothly.

Gateway errors should be few and far between now with the new server. I switched the DNS over last night, so it should have propagated by now.
 
what is going on with the price of coins............ ive only been reading on it for 2-3 days and its gone down like 3 bucks.
 
Back
Top