• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bitcoin Discussion Thread Part 2

Ewwww... 30 day warranty on those 5970's. I'd rather spend more and get a 6990, at least you'll get a decent warranty which matters to me as hard as we are pushing these things 24/7.
 
Ewwww... 30 day warranty on those 5970's. I'd rather spend more and get a 6990, at least you'll get a decent warranty which matters to me as hard as we are pushing these things 24/7.

Chances are if it's going to fail it will be within the first couple of weeks. At least that has been my experience with vid cards.
 
Won't do any good if we are stuck on this block for a week (24 hours more) :cool:

Lol some of us don't mine on small pools to avoid things like that :). Although we don't get massive rewards when there's a good luck streak.

Ewwww... 30 day warranty on those 5970's. I'd rather spend more and get a 6990, at least you'll get a decent warranty which matters to me as hard as we are pushing these things 24/7.

On the plus side it's new and the same price used ones sell for on ebay. It has 30 days more warranty than those ones lol.
 
On the plus side it's new and the same price used ones sell for on ebay. It has 30 days more warranty than those ones lol.

Unless the one on ebay is a Asus or XFX original owner. Asus doesn't care who bought it as long as the date it was Manufactured was less then 3 years ago
 

Damn, I'm tempted. That's like getting two 5870s for $250 each...which really isn't too bad. Or hell, buy 'em and flip 'em on eBay. Probably make $100+ per card.

Just sucks it's limit 2. No way to find out how many they actually have in stock.
 
Last edited:
Damn, I'm tempted. That's like getting two 5870s for $250 each...which really isn't too bad. Or hell, buy 'em and flip 'em on eBay. Probably make $100+ per card.

Just sucks it's limit 2. No way to find out how many they actually have in stock.

Actually it's more like two 5850s in one card because they are underclocked and often don't have the cooling and voltage leeway to overclock as high as single 5870s.
 
69e5fdacb9db37ef2fc41dcd1b4918f0.png


*happy face*
 
2 of the last 3 blocks on only 700m/s.. maybe im the lucky one!

accepting donations to stay lucky! :D

1JDPwvXNLd2f1kW9JjxJaHTvVQwgm29tgK
 
2 of the last 3 blocks on only 700m/s.. maybe im the lucky one!

accepting donations to stay lucky! :D

1JDPwvXNLd2f1kW9JjxJaHTvVQwgm29tgK

I'll be sending BTC your way once it confirms :cool:
 
Actually it's more like two 5850s in one card because they are underclocked and often don't have the cooling and voltage leeway to overclock as high as single 5870s.

From all of the reviews I've read, they hit low 900s on the cores with the memory overclocked too. So underclock the memory, taking a bunch of heat and power out, and I'd be surprised if you couldn't hit about 950 on the cores and keep it at reasonable temps with the stock cooler.

However, I've already got 4 5870s in my Bitcoin box, so I'd have to start getting a little crazy with the powered extender cables and stuff if I wanted to add or swap any of those out for 5970s.

Pretty amazing Newegg still has some in stock. Either they have a ton of them or people are being very cautious about investing in Bitcoin gear.
 
From all of the reviews I've read, they hit low 900s on the cores with the memory overclocked too. So underclock the memory, taking a bunch of heat and power out, and I'd be surprised if you couldn't hit about 950 on the cores and keep it at reasonable temps with the stock cooler.

However, I've already got 4 5870s in my Bitcoin box, so I'd have to start getting a little crazy with the powered extender cables and stuff if I wanted to add or swap any of those out for 5970s.

Pretty amazing Newegg still has some in stock. Either they have a ton of them or people are being very cautious about investing in Bitcoin gear.

Unfortunately, I cannot buy one because it does not appear on Newegg.ca like the Gigabyte 5870s did a month ago.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...PA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=5970&x=0&y=0
 
my 5970 on water OCs to 1000 easily. Even at about 900ppd it's under my magical 2$ per mhash number.
 
Both of my systems have been about $.87/mhash. But I have two 4x5830 rigs that do a little over 1200mhash for a tad over $1000/rig.
 
Half of my rigs are old socket 775 systems and old powersupplies chained together. Basically they were all very cheap or outright free. I probably lose out on energy inefficiency though.
 


Did you see that
Manufacturer Limited Warranty period (parts): 30 days
Manufacturer Limited Warranty period (labor): 30 days
 
Did you see that
Manufacturer Limited Warranty period (parts): 30 days
Manufacturer Limited Warranty period (labor): 30 days
I believe it! I had two ASUS 5770s die the next week after the 30day return period! Waiting on an RMA number as we speak. :mad:
 
Is solidcoin really worth it? Where is the exchange? I mined a bunch of i0 and ix coins but the exchange rates went into oblivion.
 
Last edited:
I'm getting a strange thing on solidcoin.simplecoin.us where some of my miners will suddenly all be submitting all stale shares while other miners are fine. This happens out of the blue. When I kill cgminer and restart it, cgminer refuses to load. I get a black terminal window and then it closes itself. Those miners then are unable to connect to the pool anymore for a couple of minutes as cgminer won't load. I also get "pool 0 is not providing work fast enough"

-edit now the entire pool is down
 
Last edited:
$2/Mhash? That's pretty steep. Or do you mean to put together a whole system? 'Cuz by your calculations, anything under $1800 is reasonable for a 5970.

Lol sry i had a brain fart talking about ppd and bad math. I meant 1$ per 2 mhash and my 5970 pulls in 900 mhash.
 
Even worse, I'm sure I mined a couple dozen SC's yesterday but I awoke to find zero.

Does CG miner offer any scripts to seek an alternative pool if one pool goes down?

You balance should still be there (unless it auto-paid).

It does. I'll be setting that up myself (to backup between my btc/sc pools personally).

Sorry about the sc downtime. It looks like the daemon client is prone to hard-locks. Most of the pools are experiencing it. That said, I'm setting up monit to completely kill the process and restart it. That way downtime is minimized until the daemon is sorted.

UPDATE: We had an orphaned block. So, that could have been part of the missed coins.

UPDATE2: monit is up on the solidcoin process. hopefully it can kill of the hard-locks and restart without intervention in the future.
 
Last edited:
backup pools are far too simple in cgminer :)

just add a 2nd set of:
Code:
 -o pool:port -u username -p pass


My next BIG project for simplecoin is to allow multiple currencies from the same website. Have one miner port that rolls over to the other currencies in case of failure, and automatically adjusts for the most valuable currency.
 
Moved my miners back to btcguild. I tried simplecoin for a almost 2 weeks. Got paid for the block that was found. Stopped mining on there with an estimated 1.8btc cause of that block from hell. Check my account and saw that i got paid 0btc for that long stretch. Not worth it for me to mine in a small pool. Already up to 2btc on btcguild over the weekend.
 
Simplecoin only accounts for the last 902,850 shares when paying out. If you don't have any shares in the last 902,850 shares that were submitted, you won't get paid.

A non-pps pool isn't for everyone.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top