BioShock Infinite

Outstanding game! I started playing yesterday at 9 am. I was so impressed that, with the exception of about a 70 minute lunch, I played straight through. Finished the game at 10:30 pm last night. Kept my attention throughout the game; from start to finish. I'm going to be starting another play through today except I'll be at the hardest difficulty and I will be taking much more time to explore than I did last play through.

In retrospect my favorite part of the game was the sequence when you land on Monument Island, go through the siphon/quaratine areas, meet Elizabeth, and then wake up on the beach. I played the game cold - I hadn't even seen the box art and didn't know the game was going about Elizabeth. When you walk through her tower and see all those signs, you think you're going to see and fight some grotesque monster - the creepiness and anticipation just builds and builds. They seem to delay it forever.

Then the sequence where you go from room to room observing her behind the fake mirrors. And then racing to the top before the statue falls apart. The combination of graphics, sound, environment, plot... I don't think I've ever experienced anything like that in a game.

There have been days where I thought I was probably too old for video games, that they don't affect me the way Chrono Trigger, or FF6, or Baldur's Gate 2 did. But this game has really restored my faith. New technology has made games prettier but as a whole I think they are shallower because of it. But Infinite does things with modern technology that simply couldn't have been done on the SNES or Voodoo3. It's now two days since I've beat the game, and I've had a chance to reflect, and I'm about 99% sure this is the best game I've ever played.

I'm curious on what the season pass content is going to be now because I can't really see anything they need to add to the story. I also hope that it's stuff you can just launch into and play because I don't see myself playing through Infinite again for a few years.

I can see lots of DLC possibilities...how about one that focuses on Daisy Fitzroy?...her story was not fleshed out enough for my tastes...how about one dealing with the Lutece twins?...or for the ultimate fan service how about a return to Rapture?

I can see lots of DLC possibilities...how about one that focuses on Daisy Fitzroy?...her story was not fleshed out enough for my tastes...how about one dealing with the Lutece twins?...or for the ultimate fan service how about a return to Rapture?

I would hope they don't even think of a return to rapture.

I assume one of the DLC will be as some Vox person and you fight with them.

I would hope they don't even think of a return to rapture

I wouldn't mind a return to Rapture...plus they could have a different version of Rapture then the one we saw in the 1st game...a different Fort Frolic?...the possibilities are endless

I finished this game a couple of days ago, I was blown away by it. I never beat Bioshock 1 or 2 but this makes me want to go back and play them, I doubt they can come close to this game though. Beat it in 2 playthroughs, I didn't want it to end. The whole environment was just mesmerizing.

Bioshock 1 is close to Infinite. Play it if you can. Bioshock 2 wasn't as fun, and in my opinion, was the least entertaining.

yes that's exactly what it is, the point being if you had any knowledge of programming then you'd know exactly what we were talking about. but you don't, and still choose to deny clear points of logic presented to you, just because you don't understand them. see how that works? not very constructive now is it.

Sigh... Whatever you say man.

That's pretty much how I feel as well. I enjoyed the first game almost as much as Infinite but a little more than halfway through bioshock 2 I kinda got tired of it and never finished it.

I'm sure you've all seen this video, but if not, it's a great discussion of the ending as well as the main plot: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/05/bioshock-infinite-ending-discussion
I didn't watch the whole video but they're already wrong, as I posted earlier in the thread:

I was confused at first, but after applying the multiverse theory it all makes sense. In order to stop the cycle from occuring, Elizabeth had to bring Booker back to "Before the choice is made" (her own words) to stop BOTH outcomes, where Booker either accepts or refuses the baptism. She kills him BEFORE that particular fork in the universe, meaning he ceases to exist in all forms, and therefore Anna (and Elizabeth) are eliminated from all outcomes of that fork. If she had waited until after, she would have had to gone to an infinite (well, infinite / 2 :p) amount of universes to kill Comstock in each one.

Now, the point where he is killed is only one in an infinite number of other forks where the same exact thing, or something completely different, can be happening. So while that tree is effectively cut off, it's still possible for there to be a universe where Booker is alive, and never felt the need to get baptized. The ending shows him arriving in one of those possibilities, where he never got baptized and Anna was never taken from him as Comstock never existed.

As for the scene in Rapture, I thought it was a nice tie-in but there's not enough evidence to say either way how it's related to the plotline of Infinite. Some things do make want to consider it a possible alternative to Columbia, such as Elizabeth's words ("There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city.") and the fact that the bathyspheres could only be operated, after lockdown, by someone with similar genetic makeup to Andrew Ryan.

This is the only way it makes sense according to the multiverse theory, killing him after he refused the baptism would still produce an infinite number of universes where he became Comstock, and killing him in one would accomplish nothing.

So the point is just not to play? (not the game but the story of the game) as there really is no possibilty to fix the infinite splits (now that the game's name makes sense.)

I also feel that this is sort of how the world actually works. That every decision you make moves you to a different future. All depends on time, how, when, what that you do something.

do choices you make, like which necklace thing you give to Elizabeth make a difference anywhere?

Last edited:
So the point is just not to play? (not the game but the story of the game) as there really is no possibilty to fix the infinite splits (now that the game's name makes sense.)

I also feel that this is sort of how the world actually works. That every decision you make moves you to a different future. All depends on time, how, when, what that you do something.

do choices you make, like which necklace thing you give to Elizabeth make a difference anywhere?

did you notice none of the elizabeths drowning you had the necklace? and before you drown she was still wearing it..? something to think about :)

did you notice none of the elizabeths drowning you had the necklace? and before you drown she was still wearing it..? something to think about :)

Nice, that's something I didn't realize. Essentially, one could say that the "true" Booker is still alive & the "true" Elizabeth/Anna didn't do the dirty work.

Nice, that's something I didn't realize. Essentially, one could say that the "true" Booker is still alive & the "true" Elizabeth/Anna didn't do the dirty work.

Personally I believe they left this out for you to interpret on your own. I like to think the Elizabeth you know still exists because the thought of her not existing at all is very sad to me.. even if it means Anna does live.

Personally I believe they left this out for you to interpret on your own. I like to think the Elizabeth you know still exists because the thought of her not existing at all is very sad to me.. even if it means Anna does live.

Well, in the end, isn't she the only one that doesn't vanish? To me that made me think she survived somehow.

Been blasting through this one over the last couple days. I think one reason it's so easy to play for long periods of time is the relative lack of defined stopping/starting points. While there are levels, they're disguised pretty well with a plot that keeps moving and a world that allows for more exploration than it might seem.

Thanks to this thread, the ending for the game is completely ruined for me.

Rule number one : If you didn't finish the game, you don't read articles and forum threads about the game if the game is story driven.
Rule number two: See rule number one.

After now finishing this game, I'd have to say it is one of the most complete and most compelling games ever made.:D

I'd like to see more diverse combat and easier modification of the vigors and weapons.....but that's small stuff. It seems when you really need a mod you don't have the cash, and when you have the cash you don't need the mods anymore.

Well, in the end, isn't she the only one that doesn't vanish? To me that made me think she survived somehow.

she doesnt disappear on the screen, it fades out before she does.. again just another thing for you to interpret.. did she disappear or not? you dont know cause it fades away. one thing we do know though is her necklace does not have the pendant we chose for her..

she doesnt disappear on the screen, it fades out before she does.. again just another thing for you to interpret.. did she disappear or not? you dont know cause it fades away. one thing we do know though is her necklace does not have the pendant we chose for her..

I have questions about the ending:

Young Booker gives Anna (Baby Elisabeth) to Lutece (male version) to settle his debts so why is the older version of Booker trying to find Elisabeth in Columbia if his debt was already settled? He states several times that he is looking for Elisabeth to settle his debts. Did he get into more debt? I'm confused here.

I have questions about the ending:

Young Booker gives Anna (Baby Elisabeth) to Lutece (male version) to settle his debts so why is the older version of Booker trying to find Elisabeth in Columbia if his debt was already settled? He states several times that he is looking for Elisabeth to settle his debts. Did he get into more debt? I'm confused here.

actually no. a lot of the things like the dead dude in the tower, the note on the door.. these are all just manifestations of his memory haunting him. keep in mind he doesnt even remember giving Anna away. that includes the get the girl, wipe away the debt. its just his mistakes haunting him until the luteces give him the opp. to redeem himself

edited to add more

Rule number one : If you didn't finish the game, you don't read articles and forum threads about the game if the game is story driven.
Rule number two: See rule number one.

Oh yeah, because you should buy it blind with all the other sheep. :rolleyes:

No. And don't tell me about reviews.

Oh yeah, because you should buy it blind with all the other sheep. :rolleyes:

No. And don't tell me about reviews.

there are reliable reviews out there. just because ign isnt a good source doesnt mean pcgamer isnt a good source either.

actually no. a lot of the things like the dead dude in the tower, the note on the door.. these are all just manifestations of his memory haunting him. keep in mind he doesnt even remember giving Anna away. that includes the get the girl, wipe away the debt. its just his mistakes haunting him until the luteces give him the opp. to redeem himself

edited to add more

So my question revolves around his age:

Is Booker the same age when he gives Anna to the male Lutece and when he accepts the job to find Elisabeth? As per the dead man in the tower, that was explained. The Luteces killed the man in the tower since Comstock sent that man there to stop Booker. The Luteces left a note stating that this man was the only loose end so they dealt with him.

added more info

there are reliable reviews out there. just because ign isnt a good source doesnt mean pcgamer isnt a good source either.

Right on. I'm not sure what the point of that sheep comment was.

Also fuck the term "sheep".

Bioshock infinite just blew my mind, I am still trying to pick up the chunks...

Anyone else seeing strange behavior when alt-tabbing out of the game? I'm running it in full-screen mode on a 7950, and when I alt-tab out, my GPU usage rockets straight up to 100%, along my temps and fan speed. This is usually the exact OPPOSITE of what I see when tabbing out of other games.

I like the game so far but the autosave system kind of leaves something to be desired. I wish I could just save anywhere anytime. or at the least it was more like the TR autosave which saves very frequently.

PS: the game auto dectected my surround setup and went right to 5760x1080 with multi monitor and IQ settings that seemed reasonable... I am on the cusp of almost turning them down (it gets a little jittery in spots and my cards run warm 65c all the time) but it looks pretty damn nice. I love when games just "work" out of the box with multi monitor. :)

Last edited:
I don't get what anyone is confused about.

Booker dewitt is paid to go find a girl who has been annoying people in return for clearing his tab at the pub . She is so annoying that he goes back in time and gives her to a old homeless guy who closes a doorjamb on her finger in a hurry to go watch the lakers game at the local pub and sell her for booze. It turns out shes so annoying in the future because shes still pissed off about her stupid finger. Women PHEH.

Paradoxes and shit.

I don't get what anyone is confused about.

Booker dewitt is paid to go find a girl who has been annoying people in return for clearing his tab at the pub . She is so annoying that he goes back in time and gives her to a old homeless guy who closes a doorjamb on her finger in a hurry to go watch the lakers game at the local pub and sell her for booze. It turns out shes so annoying in the future because shes still pissed off about her stupid finger. Women PHEH.

Paradoxes and shit.

what a bitch she is, all fingerless and gay

Back