• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BioShock Infinite

How did you fix the crashing?

I'm not sure if the 680's suffer from this problem, but I noticed you have a Zotac Amp card which is factory oc'd.

On the 580's (I have a Zotac 580 amp card) there was a known issue where many card makers had the voltage too low for the overclock, which leads to crashing. It mainly affected DX11 games (Ghost Recon Future soldier, Assassins creed 3, etc) and I also got this with Bioshock. I was getting crashing and I forgot to put my voltage up a bit from default since I had installed new video drivers.

It stopped the crashing for me.

Like I said though, I do not know if the 680 factory oc'd cards are known to have this issue or not so it may not be that.

Just check your voltage and what it's defaulted at for your current OC and see what the "safe" voltage is for that model of carda nd you can try upping the voltage and see if that stops the crashing (Make sure you keep the voltage within the SAFE limits though, as going too high can damage your card).
 
no one is answering the question about what effect your choices have in the game...do they have any real consequences?...I'm guessing No

The answer to that is kind of complicated. You can't answer it without spoiling some of the ending.

there's 4 choices I remembered in the game, two of them hold zero consequence (raffle and coinflip), and the other 2 just decide your character textures, all at the beginning of the game before anything important happens. you might lose a single piece of gear if you choose to bean the couple, and the coin flip is just an introduction to the twins. if you choose not to draw guns at the station you get stabbed and wear a bandage on your hand all game, and liz just gets a cage/bird pendant to wear depending on which one you pick.

unless I'm missing something here, none of them change or reveal anything about the story whatsoever. I would rather get stabbed since the bandage looks way better than his bare hand imo.
 
unless I'm missing something here, none of them change or reveal anything about the story whatsoever. I would rather get stabbed since the bandage looks way better than his bare hand imo.

Yes, you're missing the entire point of the choices (I'm guessing you haven't finished the game yet).
 
Well I don't know but now all of a sudden the game is crashing at a certain part right when I open the doors. Just freeze's.

I tried updating to the new drivers 314.22 and it still froze. Switched back to the 314.14's that I've been on playing this game on for 3 hours today perfectly fine and still freezing. Really getting annoying because I can't go any further in the game...
 
I noticed everyone complaining about crashes have overclocks. Try setting your system to stock and see if that fixes it.
 
Just finished the game and the ending was mind blasting. I've been let down by so many game endings in the past couple of years. It almost seems like the developers either run out of time or money and just slap something together. Thankfully the ending to Infinite is amazing.

I also had the game crash on me several times. I ended up removing the nvidia drivers and re-installing them using "clean install" option.
 
I noticed everyone complaining about crashes have overclocks. Try setting your system to stock and see if that fixes it.

I've tried that and it still crashed. I've been running the game underclocked by like 50mhz just because.
 
unless I'm missing something here, none of them change or reveal anything about the story whatsoever. I would rather get stabbed since the bandage looks way better than his bare hand imo.

Lol, to be honest I never even noticed that the bandage stayed. I noticed that the pendant did but I guess I don't see that particular hand very often.

As for the crashing, I honestly think it's something that needs to be addressed in drivers or patches. I don't think overclocks have much to do with it for most (maybe not all) people.
 
I just noticed if i dont put vsync there is screen tearing. What is going on here.

V-sync On and Triple Buffering On in Nvidia control panel are the only way I can play PC games. I'm really bothered by tearing and stuttering. Actually not bothered at all by 30FPS though.
 
The ending was a total mindfunk. I was expecting part of it, but the ending still got me. Well played 2K, well played.
 
So after beating Infinite I started playing Bioshock 1 as I had never played it before. Is this game fucking impossible? I'm on medium and can't even get passed the first 2 hours. Also the mouse movement is atrocious. Is there any fix for that?
 
game is breathtaking... only played an hour and im amazed by its style
 
Re-installing the game seems to have fixed my crashing issues or I just had a really lucky 4 hr session. Even got to beat the game...ending was good but I'm not sure I follow the last few seconds.
 
Also the mouse movement is atrocious. Is there any fix for that?

I feel that way about Infinite. I can not for the life of me figure what the hell is wrong with it / me. Just for laughs I plugged in my XB360 controller and it "felt" 100 times better. Mind you I feel dirty using a controller while playing an FPS on a PC. I feel so... dirty.

:eek:
 
V-sync On and Triple Buffering On in Nvidia control panel are the only way I can play PC games. I'm really bothered by tearing and stuttering. Actually not bothered at all by 30FPS though.

Triple Buffering in the nVidia control panel doesn't do anything a lot of the time. I have to force it through D3DOverrider, but it works great. I also have the framerate limited to 58 or so using nVidia inspector.
 
Just finished. Took about 15 hours on hard and I did a whole lot of exploring. The setting is fantastically developed but I also agree that the story kind of started high and petered out.

The ending was entirely bizarre to me. At least they shot high I guess but there's always issues that crop up when you have meta-time travel. I also thought the game struggled thematically after the gunsmith missions but I guess there wasn't all that much they could do at that point.

Fitzroy just went nuts and the game kind of went off the rails at that point. That and I guess the very end just gave me a MEH feeling.

Did the whole loop stop? Do I care?

Not really at this point. A great game regardless but I'd list it under TR for the year so far.
 
It's one of the few games that i finished. The story and atmosphere are one of a kind. That alone made me finish it. The shooter aspect of the game is slightly higher than average but nothing special really. The whole game lives off of it's story and, like i said, it's really top notch.

9.5/10 from me.

PS: Net play time according to steam was 10.6 hours. And i actually thought that i took my sweet time. Not a very long game by any means.
 
Last edited:
It's one of the few games that i finished. The story and atmosphere are one of a kind. That alone made me finish it. The shooter aspect of the game is slightly higher than average but nothing special really. The whole game lives off of it's story and, like i said, it's really top notch.

9.5/10 from me.

PS: Net play time according to steam was 10.6 hours. And i actually thought that i took my sweet time. Not a very long game by any means.

10 hours and you explored? Seems kinda short. Maybe I'll wait.
 
10 hours and you explored? Seems kinda short. Maybe I'll wait.

Well, technically closer to 11hours and no, i didn't say i explored, i said i took my sweet time. I actually don't know if i explored or not, i did the main quest and all side quests that i found. I think i had about 65 (out of 80?) or so of the available recordings and i looked at each of the mini film projectors that i saw. I skipped no in game video either.
 
I'm playing on 1999 mode and I've done a pretty thorough playthrough...I'm at the 13 hour mark and I'm in a certain cemetary area. Hope that's vague enough for frame of reference. I expect to end the game around the 15 hour mark. Good enough for me.
 
Q-BZ i also think you have a good 2-4 hours left at that point, depending if you're careful and if you're sightseeing. Good game, huh?
 
I'm playing on 1999 mode and I've done a pretty thorough playthrough...I'm at the 13 hour mark and I'm in a certain cemetary area. Hope that's vague enough for frame of reference. I expect to end the game around the 15 hour mark. Good enough for me.

There are some pretty difficult encounters from there on out, at least I thought so. It took me quite a few attempts on a lot of them.
 
every time I see Elizabeth I can't help but think how much better her hair would look with TressFX enabled :D ...she has that same ponytail look of Lara Croft but without the shiny, bouncy-ness of TressFX...the new feature has definitely made me appreciate how much better hair can look in a game :cool:
 
every time I see Elizabeth I can't help but think how much better her hair would look with TressFX enabled :D ...she has that same ponytail look of Lara Croft but without the shiny, bouncy-ness of TressFX...the new feature has definitely made me appreciate how much better hair can look in a game :cool:

Lets face it TressFX hair needs some work, in TR it looked like Lara had stuck a screwdriver in a light socket the way it defied gravity and just kinda floated there. Plus the hit to FPS is unacceptable.

/derail
 
I'm playing on 1999 mode and I've done a pretty thorough playthrough...I'm at the 13 hour mark and I'm in a certain cemetary area. Hope that's vague enough for frame of reference. I expect to end the game around the 15 hour mark. Good enough for me.

I bet that's tough in 1999 Mode.
 
Yes, you're missing the entire point of the choices (I'm guessing you haven't finished the game yet).

Variables and constants man. Variables and constants.

***Possible Spoilers Ahead***

I have finished it, these choices have zero relevance to presenting any meaningful variable or constant. you're only presented with one result at a time, the ability to observe each one independently in the same space (as in the same playthrough) is what gives them significance to the game, which they do with other aspects of the story that actually matter. if they want to use them to emphasize a single event that's fine and good, the point is they don't change anything about the story, at all. some of them could not even be considered constants, the coin flip has no significant result, the pendant has no significant result.

for example - because you're never shown the result of drawing first, choosing to do nothing and get stabbed has no significance to the player. if they wanted to present that event as a constant, then the result of both variables must also be shown. the bandage itself is completely irrelevant because it never refers to the event that caused it ever again, or any new ones as a result of this choice. ie. a version of booker with no bandage, this never appears, he doesn't even look at his hand again until the end, showing the exact same sequences whether or not the bandage exists.

like I said unless I'm missing some event where they refer to each other, that you can see regardless of which one you choose, none of them are significant to the story at all. the act of choosing itself is part of the story, which is what I think you mean, and what the devs mean to show you, this is something entirely different. a more worthwhile discussion here would be what the choices mean, not what they change in the story, which is what they want you to think about.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I feel that way about Infinite. I can not for the life of me figure what the hell is wrong with it / me. Just for laughs I plugged in my XB360 controller and it "felt" 100 times better. Mind you I feel dirty using a controller while playing an FPS on a PC. I feel so... dirty.

:eek:

There IS something wrong with the mouse control, at least at default settings. At default settings I can do a 720 with a small mouse swipe.
 
Just finished. Took about 15 hours on hard and I did a whole lot of exploring. The setting is fantastically developed but I also agree that the story kind of started high and petered out.

I thought not enough was done during the middle part of the game to re-enforce the ideas that are explored by the ending.
 
I thought not enough was done during the middle part of the game to re-enforce the ideas that are explored by the ending.

A little bit.

Did you make a point of listening to voxaphones and stuff like that?



17 hours finished at 1999 difficulty. Man, what a ride. Have to soak that all in.

Wikipedia at least says that three story based DLCs are forthcoming so the ride isn't over yet!
 
A little bit.

Did you make a point of listening to voxaphones and stuff like that?
I did. I didn't get all though. "Continuing" a game results being placed at the end.


17 hours finished at 1999 difficulty. Man, what a ride. Have to soak that all in.

Wikipedia at least says that three story based DLCs are forthcoming so the ride isn't over yet!

I'm going to start again on 1999.
 
I'm 17 hours in and I just reached Shantytown...I finally saw the consequences of one of my choices in the game...

I chose to spare Slate's life and saw him again in the area where they were holding Lin prisoner...he looked to be in bad shape after being tortured...it probably would have been better to kill him earlier
 
I'm 17 hours in and I just reached Shantytown...I finally saw the consequences of one of my choices in the game...

I chose to spare Slate's life and saw him again in the area where they were holding Lin prisoner...he looked to be in bad shape after being tortured...it probably would have been better to kill him earlier

Yup, even Elizabeth said it would of been better too.
 
Back
Top