Big Ratpadz XT Question

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
What size would you guys like to see these larger Ratpadz XT pads made? Do you want the signature curve on the bottom or just a square/rectangle?

ooh i have no idea but i do want one! or how bout you sell the stuff in 2'x2' sheets and we can bandsaw the shape we want and rout the edges ourselves? :D

I think the largest I would like is around 14x12, but that's only because of limits for my desks, as for curve or not, It does not really bother me.

I like the idea of a 14"x12". If I can remember my regular XT is 12.5"x9.5". Would this be the same thickness? If it is thinner, then a straightcut seems fine, otherwise I like that round/bevel feel on the original.

Edit: by using a 14x12 inch size you can put it in the medium USPS flat rate box for shipping.

Aw your talking about making a bigger version when I just ordered a new XT a week ago lol.

I think no curve and just a little bigger width and height compared to the regular XT would be great... Say 14x10

My XT was too big so I turned it sideways--the curve in it is just enough to allow my keyboard to fit on my desk drawer with the pad.

Man I've been hoping for a larger version of the Ratpadz XT for some time. I agree with most of the other comments here. 14x12 is probably about right for size and if it remains with the same thickness then I'd like to see the curve kept. If thinner then straight cuts should be fine.

If a larger one is made, give us the option to have a curve or no curve.
I like the curve and the current size is fine for me. If I decide to upgrade, I would only buy the larger one with a curve.
The curve allows me to center the mouse without my wrist resting on the pad.

I have a 12 x 12" ceramic tile on my desk for soldering purposes for reference, and I think 14 x 12 would be the perfect size for an XL version.

No curve please.

14x14 sounds good to me! I'll never have to purchase another mouse pad again since getting my XT 3 years ago...still like new and would love a bigger one!

I have been looking for one of those keyboard/mouse pads I saw one user on here have. Does anyone know what these are called? It is large enough for your keyboard and mouse, would love to get one with a wrist pad for my coffee table. If not, I would definitely pick up a larger ratpadz.

You can move the mouse further without having to pick it back up and recenter it. HURR

Honestly, if you need that much distance to get your mouse across the screen, you're doing it wrong. But whatever, a bigger XT would be fun. :cool:

I would say the size is alright based on what people have been saying, but I'd like to see a rectangle instead of the curve.

The curve along the bottom is signature Ratpadz, and serves a purpose... I would love to see a bigger Ratpadz and would buy one in a heartbeat, but keep that curve!

Also the curve provides a sort of aerodynamic effect when the ratpadz is thrown, I know I've decapitated at least three pesky roomates with my trusty XT and I attribute the accuracy to that curve! :D

I like the curve. It makes the pad very distinct. As soon as anyone first comes into my office they drool over how awesome my MX1100 + Ratpadz XT is. I know, I work with people who are easily impressed.

I'd rather have the distinction come from a logo ([H] or RatPadz or whatever) than the curve. Functionally I'm just not a fan of the curve.

I like the curve. My XT is sideways with my keyboard nudged into it. But I have no need for a larger pad. Is low mouse sensitivity the norm? I can get my cursor from one edge to the other by moving about an inch at most, even from the far edges of both monitors. Low sensitivity drives me crazy.

12x14, no curve. I put the straight edge closest to me because I don't like the curve. Also, if you can make it thinner without sacrificing durability, that would be nice.

I only used my XT for a few days because I had to switch back to my smaller desk. I did notice though that while using it the mouse kept falling off the bottom where it curves. It needs to the height increased by about 1".

As for the curve, I'm a little torn. It looks cool but I like to keep my mouse pad right towards the edge of the desk so my arm can hang over. With the curves, it means the points of the mouse pad are hanging over the desk. When I move the mouse pad up so the edges don't hang over, it's to far up on the desk to feel comfortable for me.

The 14x12 sounds pretty nice to me and I like the curve, but would buy it either way. Main reason for me to get a bigger one is that I always have two mice out at a minimum.

IMO, add like 4 inches in length, and like 3 in height, thatd be prime.. optimus prime

i love my ratpads xt tho, just a tinnyyy bittoo small, and keep the curve, its awsome, do you know when these are coming out??

My only complaint is the curve. Make one without it and I'll order two more to replace the onces I have now. I currently turn it sideways so I don't have to mess with the curve, but I loose quite a bit of surface.

14x12 sounds pretty good. Don't really care one way or another about the curve. I don't even use all the space on my current Ratpadz because I've been training myself to use high sensitivity. I can whip across my monitor in like an inch or so. But I'd definitely buy a bigger version just to have that extra room just in case.

I too, Rotate my Ratpad XT sideways 95% of the time. Of course, I have really high DPI settings so i dont need much room to move at all.

Curve doesnt bother me. But more surface area=win.

the width is perfect but the height could use about 2-3 inchs.. the curve is appealing so I don't mind it.

Yeah I didn't really like the curve much either but as already mentioned with the curve facing the keyboard as a sort of wrap around thing that worked really well. Then you are limited in width so I guess I am pretty interested in a bigger one too.

I'd be interest in either a curve or non-curve one, but any chance of one with a wrist rest attachment? Probably a long shot, I realize.

I'm just putting this out there but you can mail us free samples and we will give you feed back..

I like the curve. My XT is sideways with my keyboard nudged into it. But I have no need for a larger pad. Is low mouse sensitivity the norm? I can get my cursor from one edge to the other by moving about an inch at most, even from the far edges of both monitors. Low sensitivity drives me crazy.

Same here. I use a pretty high sensitivity as well so I really have no need for a larger Ratpadz. I could do without the curve personally, I have my Ratpadz upside down so the curve is at the top and the flat edge is where my wrist rests.

ban him

the rules said:
3. All posts should include the item and price in the title/subject line and a link to the item in the body of the thread.

OT: the curve is nice for thicker pads, unnecessary for thinner pads

Back