Big Navi is coming

Another fun fact, I don't play benchmarks

Every non-replay makes your claim look false.

You could provide data like:

I play game Z at resolution X x Y @ X FPS

Or:

I run software X at Z performance.

But instead you paddle around unable to back up your claim...

Or:

That's nice, except we are not here to play benchmarks but games, which he clearly said runs great on that FX system. I believe him, since he is playing at 1080p60 and clearly not using a 2080ti or Radeon VII. Oh well, standard fare, to be expected to those who do not like AMD.

Fun fact, neither him nor I game at 720p. Perhaps you do but, him and I do not.

You can add "I don't understand" alongside your religious views on hardware:
upload_2019-8-2_13-6-37.png
- ManofGod

We know, we know- evaluating AMDs products fairly versus their competitors equates to 'not liking AMD' for The Faithful.

I'm still going to give them a fair shake and recommend them when they earn it. Or not, when they don't.

FX systems are fantastic, even to this day. :) Do not like or accept that, no skin off my back and besides, AMD is not dead, despite how many thought that would occur. Now there are rumors of Big Navi coming and that is a positive thing, especially since custom board partners will be ready for that by that point.

FX systems are fantastic, even to this day. :)

I have several under my desk at work. They... function.

Do not like or accept that, no skin off my back

Never said anything about FX systems really.

AMD is not dead

Never said that either...

despite how many thought that would occur.

You can count most at AMD among those.

Now there are rumors of Big Navi coming and that is a positive thing

Well, rumors maybe not, but Big Navi is certainly a positive thing. Though AMD would do well to bracket consumer expectations so the mass disappointment seen in their releases can be avoided.

especially since custom board partners will be ready for that by that point.

They had exactly zero reason to not be ready for Navi, and here we are- after they weren't ready for Vega or Radeon VII or Polaris or...

AMDs track record does not support your assertion.

Or:

Perhaps you should read the thread instead of suggesting I'm not responding to you. I'd suggest you stop trying to bring irrelevant data into this as arguments and perhaps I'd respond to your satisfaction.

I'll buy fury is faster than the 580, vega 56? big fat nope.

This very site did a clock for clock comparison where the Fury X and Vega were tasked the same and performed identically. Add that Vega can clock faster than a Fury X can dream and I doubt that Fury X objectively could be faster than Vega.

I very much agree with your reaction.

Perhaps you should read the thread instead of suggesting I'm not responding to you. I'd suggest you stop trying to bring irrelevant data into this as arguments and perhaps I'd respond to your satisfaction.

Only thing I get from your posts is that the performance is so "meh" you do not like to share it....confirming known benchmarks.

Only thing I get from your posts is that the performance is so "meh" you do not like to share it....confirming known benchmarks.
The only time I turn on fps monitors is when something isn't butter smooth or otherwise broken.
I'm not here for you. What are you even trying to prove here? I'm an idiot because I use a piledriver system and it runs games just as well as my ryzen system? Both work really well btw.

The only time I turn on fps monitors is when something isn't butter smooth or otherwise broken.
I'm not here for you. What are you even trying to prove here? I'm an idiot because I use a piledriver system and it runs games just as well as my ryzen system? Both work really well btw.

Citation needed...

Citation needed...
Ryzen 1600 and 580 on the left, fx8320 and 580 on the right. Performance difference in every application I use is imperceptible.

Attachments

• 15647750455781860098159.jpg
    15647750455781860098159.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 0
What I thought...it is very simple:
You make the claim...you have to back up the claim.
Unless we have to enter the realm of eg. "flat-earthers"....and go all in on fallcies.

Is that good?
It's not great, but it is much better than before. I think above 90C is when you start getting worried, 80C is relatively safe.

It means the default settings leave the card in a high, but acceptable, temperature range (which was not the case at launch).

Of course, the fan (on default) is maxing out at 50% (to stay quiet) but you can easily modify this if you want cooler temps.

Unless we have to enter the realm of eg. "flat-earthers"....and go all in on fallcies.
What is the claim here that I need to provide quantitative evidence to support?
I have the two side by side, literally. It's been tested, you have the evidence, they perform imperceptibly the same. There isn't a number or graph that can depict that. Are you addicted to benchmarks or something?
They serve a very valid purpose, but it's not the same as having several years experience with said item. Sometimes in life experience trumps grades at school.

Some might have higher demands...it's a bit of a fluffy non-description you gave.

What do you do?
720p gaming?
The devil is in the details.
Oh, sorry,I meant I really don't game much. Minecraft with the kids is about it... 1080p. I mostly do programming/development, doesn't need much GPU power. I didn't mean it like the fury was great, just meant I wasn't demanding. Although, it does pretty good on a few of the newer games I've played around with. I mean, it's still faster than an rx570 and close to 570, depending on title it can keep up with a 590. So it's considerably low end, but hey, it was great for mining and could game well too.

Depending on the title it is in fact. Regardless... if you have a fury right now, I don't see the point of upgrading unless you just bought a shiny new 4k or high refresh 1440. Anyone on 1080p high refresh or not... or older 1440 is probably just fine sitting on the fury till there are a few more options in the market.
No, I have a 1080 monitor and it outruns my son's 570 in most titles.. more 580 speed but depends on the game. I honestly don't game a lot though, so I'm not too concerned. I could put my gtx 470 back in and be fine, but talk about loud and hot.

Currently, Navi10 is tearing up Nvidia and selling like hotcakes.
With a rumored price reduction for blowers coming, once AIB 5700's hit. AMD doesn't want to keep making them, but instead let THEIR PARTNERS, in on all the Navi goodness.

Navi10 is only 251mm^2 and beats the much bigger Vega20 (also 7nm) chip in many games. "Big-Navi" is essentially 64 CU Navi... and would be roughly the same size as Vega20. That means Big-Navi would be 30%+ increase over Radeon XT 5700XT in games. And can manufacture these 335mm^2'ish chips much cheaper than the Mi50 chip in the Radeon 7.

Meaning, AMD can sell a Big-Navi chip with about equal the performance of the RTX2080ti, for about $599. <----

Last edited:
Oh, sorry,I meant I really don't game much. Minecraft with the kids is about it... 1080p. I mostly do programming/development, doesn't need much GPU power. I didn't mean it like the fury was great, just meant I wasn't demanding. Although, it does pretty good on a few of the newer games I've played around with. I mean, it's still faster than an rx570 and close to 570, depending on title it can keep up with a 590. So it's considerably low end, but hey, it was great for mining and could game well too.

Thank you for your reply, it was informative and to the point.

Currently, Navi10 is tearing up Nvidia and selling like hotcakes. With a rumored price reduction for blowers coming, once AIB 5700's hit. AMD doesn't want to keep making them, but instead let THEIR PARTNERS, in on all the Navi goodness.

Navi10 is only 251mm^2 and beats the much bigger Vega20 (also 7nm) chip in many games. "Big-Navi" is essentially 64 CU Navi... and would be roughly the same size as Vega20. That means Big-Navi would be 30%+ increase over Radeon XT 5700XT in games. And can manufacture these 335mm^2'ish chips much cheaper than the Mi50 chip in the Radeon 7.

Meaning, AMD can sell a Big-Navi chip with about equal the performance of the RTX2080ti, for about $599. <----

You again?

I'm eager to see the sales report that I'm sure you have that demostrates your claim. We already know the rest of your post is just plain false (ok let's call it wishful thinking ;);) ) so I won't use it against you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You again?

I'm eager to see the sales report that I'm sure you have that demostrates your claim. We already know the rest of your post is just plain false (ok let's call it wishful thinking ;);) ) so I won't use it against you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Steam survey will give numbers next month...those pesky facts ;)

Steam survey will give numbers next month...those pesky facts ;)

It will be interesting to see where it charts on steams survey over the next few months. I notice they keep going in and out of stock at the local computer shops where I am. Granted they probably aren't receiving 100s of them... but their online stock lists seem to go 10+ (the most they report at that shop) to zero and back again since they launched. I think you and NV may be be pretty shocked to see how many people put PCIE 4 5700s in their shiney new 570 boards. (which the same shop also continues to report 10+ zero 10+ zero on, at least the ones that don't cost a grand lol)

It will be interesting to see where it charts on steams survey over the next few months. I notice they keep going in and out of stock at the local computer shops where I am. Granted they probably aren't receiving 100s of them... but their online stock lists seem to go 10+ (the most they report at that shop) to zero and back again since they launched. I think you and NV may be be pretty shocked to see how many people put PCIE 4 5700s in their shiney new 570 boards. (which the same shop also continues to report 10+ zero 10+ zero on, at least the ones that don't cost a grand lol)

The Microcenter stores are going in and out of stock pretty quickly as well.

Reactions: ChadD
like this
I would not trust the steam survey's, unless they automatically and without asking upload the data to their servers. I have 3 computer and have yet to see any survey questions, RX 5700, RX Vega 56 and RX 580.

I haven't heard of to many people who have been asked about the survey. Do they ask on startup if they can collect data and use your hardware config as part of that data? It's been a while since I've had to reinstall steam.

Sample size is big enough...even if no one you know participate FYI.

Sample size on a service like this needs to be near 100% or it means nothing. Fact is, I have never been surveyed, that I can recall, and I have had Steam since it's release.

You again?

Says the angry person^ who is "getting a RTX2060".... but constantly hanging out in a Radeon thread.

Why haven't you got your new video card yet..? Is it because the RTX2060 SUPER sucks ballz.. and you are not done trying to convince the stupid people to buy one..?

The only Card that Nvidia sells that is worth anything, is the RTX2080 SUPER. And that is about to be jabaited too...

I would not trust the steam survey's, unless they automatically and without asking upload the data to their servers. I have 3 computer and have yet to see any survey questions, RX 5700, RX Vega 56 and RX 580.
Lol, had AMD and Nvidia - only the Nvidia computer Steam query for survey - wonder if Nvidia gives them a dime for every GPU they show?

Lol, had AMD and Nvidia - only the Nvidia computer Steam query for survey - wonder if Nvidia gives them a dime for every GPU they show?

Steam Survey is always incorrect.

It should ONLY show hardware, that has been initialized within the last 2 years.
As such, Steam should force push an entire new survey out, nixing all the old hardware IDs, that are still showing up in they survey, but are no longer being used/upgraded.

Reactions: travm
like this
Why do people who hate amd always feel the need to show up with either irrelevant "facts" or demands for third party data to support anything while being certain to angle any discussion towards AMD products are garbage. If you think big Navi will be garbage, not sell, and AMD will surely die, that's cool. I respect your opinion, but kindly voice it once and then go to hell. Kthx

Travm...

I wouldn't get daunted by those talking heads. Since being here, I've been character attacked by the SAME usual suspects, over and over. None of them (attacking you, or Me) have facts to back up their claims, but demand you support your claims.... while not reading the reviews.

As such, when the "Understood You" in the room is that little $299 Navi is superior to $500 Turing. Yet these same clown still hide behind the fact that haven't read any reviews or educated themselves on Navi, or RDNA. So they ignorantly toss around memes and such, not caring they have no facts to work with.

Just point out Navi's price/performance... and these cheerleaders get all angry & start talking about the past.. !

Big Navi is coming.... and as I predicted (weeks ago), it will be sooner than anyone thinks.

No one ever asked me anything! All surveys are meaningless!

Well clearly, that is they way you think and maybe you are right. However, for me, I was referring to specifically and only the steam survey, which should be universal and across the board, since steam has access to every computer it is installed on. (At least the hardware and software information, anyways.) I have been on steam since the beginning and as far as I can recall, I have had no requests for a survey, which tells me that is not particularly legitimate, unless it is done in the background, of course.

This.
But it seems to get pulled out whenever it fits a narrative

And dismissed as insubstantial when it doesn't.

It's a real poll. It has a pretty large sample size. Polls are never 100% perfect, even if you had a sample size of 100% of the population.

But that doesn't mean it is entirely without merit. It's one of the best snapshots we get of gaming hardware in computers that are used for gaming.

He did back up the claim, whether you choose to believe it or not. As for your last comment, that makes it clear you have no desire for a civil conversation, oh well, such as it is.

Back