BFGTech Exits Graphics

oh snap. i have a 9800gx2 that I've been trying to RMA for a week now.

Just sent another email.

Jonny is saying that his request for the forum account back is what triggered this latest news item, and that things aren't exactly as firesale as they are being reported (That's JonnyGuru for those that don't know, he worked at BFG on as the PS honcho but was recently let go)

I still have a few new BFGtech T-shirts in my closet. Are they collectors now? Is the t-shirt division of BFG still active or is my warranty on them over now too?

The implication has been made that many lower tier Nvidia add-in partners, such as Sparkle and Galaxy, are deliberately having to use lower quality components and board materials (less mylar layers and cheaper capacitors for example) in order to continue making profits atop the cards.

Well, the implication has been also made that none of these "add-in" partners actually make anything. nVidia gets the cards made by a OEM and then sends them to the "add-in" partners and they brand them and sell them.

nVidia = Amway or Shaklee of the PC part world.

Short version: money.

The implication has been made that many lower tier Nvidia add-in partners, such as Sparkle and Galaxy, are deliberately having to use lower quality components and board materials (less mylar layers and cheaper capacitors for example) in order to continue making profits atop the cards.

Saist, I don't want to hijack this thread but I'm curious where this comes from? Galaxy prides itself on using quality components and even improving on the NVIDIA reference design when we see an opportunity to offer better performance.

Our GTX 460 GC & SOC cards for example, have 4+1 phase power circuit to offer better overclocking potential while the NVIDIA reference only has 3+1.

Our GTX 470 GC, 465 & 460 products use a custom cooling solution which requires considerable investment to design, develop and tool. We do these things because we feel we have a engineering advantage given that we design & manufacture our own product. The goal is to offer our customers a better product.

PM me please if you don't mind so we don't further hijack the thread. I would like to know more about this "implication".

I wanted to buy a BFG GTX 480 and couldn't figure out what the holdup was.... and now I know. :(

My 6800GS that served me well.

bfgk.jpg

No, he had it right.

Do some more reading. nVidia was certainly the last nail (or two) in the coffin, but there were several factors almost solely in BFG's court that ultimately lead to their lamented demise.

So absolutely NO more RMA for BFG cards, even recently purchases? wtf
consumers get screwed and no law protects us ?

Why would you purchase a bfg product recently? This is VERY old news. I guess if you didn't know...

It does suck, but the company no longer exists and hasn't existed for months now, so how would you expect them to RMA anything? At this point it's the consumer's fault for not knowing, lol.

Also, this thread was 2 months old at the last post, why would you res it? :confused:

Why would you purchase a bfg product recently? This is VERY old news. I guess if you didn't know...

It does suck, but the company no longer exists and hasn't existed for months now, so how would you expect them to RMA anything? At this point it's the consumer's fault for not knowing, lol.

Also, this thread was 2 months old at the last post, why would you res it? :confused:

Dude, everyone goes through a different grieving process. For me, the nightmares have finally stopped, but I'm still sad, nonetheless. I was really a big BFG fan.

What laws could protect you?

If a company has no money to operate what do you think the government should do? Force all their employees to work for free? Wait I know in the spirit of recent policy FORCE banks to give them loans they cannot repay so they can keep operating at a loss.

You could return your recent BFG purchase(s) to the retailer for a full refund, citing the lack of lifetime warranty clearly visible on the box as the reason.

What laws could protect you?

If a company has no money to operate what do you think the government should do? Force all their employees to work for free? Wait I know in the spirit of recent policy FORCE banks to give them loans they cannot repay so they can keep operating at a loss.
No no no. Bail out the failed companies using taxpayer money and the govt can own every failed business so consumers can get their warranties!
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Dude, everyone goes through a different grieving process. For me, the nightmares have finally stopped, but I'm still sad, nonetheless. I was really a big BFG fan.

I was a big fan of BFGTech, and am still using a couple of their video cards even now.

However, this is old news, and the guy who res'ed this thread is being silly about the situation. The company has been gone for MONTHS. What does he expect to have happen?

Back