BFGTech Exits Graphics

At least the BFG rep seems to be open and communicable here on the forums.

I am, thanks for that :) I'm doing what I can to help out with the outstanding RMAs, it's been a bit difficult without the flow of new cards coming in, but I'll make something happen. I appreciate everyone's patience with this situation.

I am, thanks for that :) I'm doing what I can to help out with the outstanding RMAs, it's been a bit difficult without the flow of new cards coming in, but I'll make something happen. I appreciate everyone's patience with this situation.

You've done a great job representing BFG Jeff ,and interfacing with many of the BFG end-users here @ [H]forums. I shall never forget the free PCI card trade-in for old AGP cards. Simply unheard of in the VC industry. Again, Jeff, thanks! I wish for you and what remains of BFG the best!

I guess the big question now is - who's the best company to turn to now for our video card needs? I doubt I'll be going the Nvidia route in the foreseeable future,so that leaves out EVGA,who were the only ones with comparable warranties,customer support,and trade up programs. I doubt they'll make the jump to ATI,they're joined at the hip with Nvidia. And I haven't heard much positive feedback on the foreign manufacturers like Sapphire in terms of support or warranties.

I guess the big question now is - who's the best company to turn to now for our video card needs? I doubt I'll be going the Nvidia route in the foreseeable future,so that leaves out EVGA,who were the only ones with comparable warranties,customer support,and trade up programs. I doubt they'll make the jump to ATI,they're joined at the hip with Nvidia. And I haven't heard much positive feedback on the foreign manufacturers like Sapphire in terms of support or warranties.

EVGA for Nvidia, XFX for ATI (and Nvidia when/if they ever carry GTX 480, etc.)

Last edited:
I think my 8800 GTX was BFG, I got a BFG t-shirt that I wear to LAN parties. Shame to see them go.

Sad.

I just got an RMA back from BFG a couple of weeks ago. I Ebay'ed a 280 that was working alright but just after that dastardly overheating set of drivers was released, started to display some classic dying RAM symptoms. Talking to a BFG rep in email they told me to see if the previous owner registered it and if they didn't that I should and RMA it. I did just that, sent it off to Quebec (they have enough of a Canadian base to send it there instead of Cali as it used to be) and received it.

I was holding out for the "BFG GFX 5870 OC" to be honest :(

Wow, I see I am late to this thread, but also wanted chime in. I've always had great luck with BFG cards, like many of you. And if the cards ever had problems, BFG took great care of me. My 260 maxcore was awesome, and the step-up program to the 295 was nice, too. It took four 295's to finally get one that worked, but BFG was on top of the RMA process and offered great support every time, and the 295 I have now has been awesome. I will definitely be extremely sad to see them go, but I would leave a market, too if I couldn't make any money at it.

I wish BFG would start making ATI cards ...

kinda explains why after nearly 3 months im still waiting for my card to be sorted out and im getting nowhere with support :( there not even responding to my emails or web requests.. and to call the US from the Uk is going to cost me a small fortune.... NOT IMPRESSED< it does not matter to me if they pull out of the gfx cards, i will not be buying anything from BFG again and will actively try to dissuade people from doing so too..

a very very disappointed BFG customer!

kinda explains why after nearly 3 months im still waiting for my card to be sorted out and im getting nowhere with support :( there not even responding to my emails or web requests.. and to call the US from the Uk is going to cost me a small fortune.... NOT IMPRESSED< it does not matter to me if they pull out of the gfx cards, i will not be buying anything from BFG again and will actively try to dissuade people from doing so too..

Thank nVidia.

I have to agree, and will be doing the same in the future.

I've had a few BFG cards over the years :D

6600 -> 8800 GTS 512MB -> these 2 GTS250' s I got just now for SLI. One of the GTS 250's did arrive DOA so I hope these stories of bad customer service aren't true o_O.

My other 6600 and 8800 were perfect :D

I thought they were going to make laptops now? :p

It sucks to see them go, and I hope warranty support sticks around somehow, but it's sure not looking good.

I thought they were going to make laptops now? :p

It sucks to see them go, and I hope warranty support sticks around somehow, but it's sure not looking good.

I would not count on it.

hmm wonder if I should RMA my 8800GT ... card from the day I bought it ran 60-70 idle, and if gaming passes the 100 mark, usually 110-120 before I get scared and shut it off.

hmm wonder if I should RMA my 8800GT ... card from the day I bought it ran 60-70 idle, and if gaming passes the 100 mark, usually 110-120 before I get scared and shut it off.

I would suggest cleaning the dust out of the card

no dust in it.. that was the first thing I checked last time I tried to use it... cards never been used enough for a build up due to the high temps scaring me and going back to other cards.

Sorry to see them go.

Only BFG product I've ever owned is the "BFG Tech ES SERIES ES-800", which I bought back in August '08 & am still using to this day. With my luck, it'll stop working any day now. :p

Well that sucks. I've had numerous BFG cards of the years (hell them and EVGA make up most of my old cards). My brother has a BFG 260 and BFG PSU currently as well.

Been running BFG cards for years.
Most recently bought 3- 2GB 285's for a 3-Way SLI rig.

Will be a sad day when one of these babies goes up.

Doesn't look good for them. If they're closing their PSU line as well,it looks like they're pretty much done as a company. I was hoping they'd re-enter the market as a ATI distributor,but I guess they were too far gone. They should have switched long ago,backing Nvidia only was a big mistake.

Thats a shame, they made some really good cards. Especially back in the Nvidia 7 series days.

Wow this sucks. Although I am not surprised either. With XFX doing what they are doing (nVidia and ATi), and eVGA cranking out High-end video cards and motherboards (Both companies really expanding their market) BFG wasn't really doing much out side of trying to make their own brand of Gaming-PCs.

Damn this sucks...

As far as RMA'ing stuff, if the inventory has already been moved, it is quite likely already too late :(

i have a single pcb 295 that has a problem with the fan. they won't even answer my emails. i would just do an aftermarket, but none exist. 500 bucks and i can't do anything to fix it.

thumbs down for now, (they were great in the past), but obviously, avoid them at all costs now, unless when you have a problem you like pounding sand instead of getting support.

Yea while I was sad to see them exit the GFX market, I didn't figure they would last too long after that, especially with the increased volume of posts regarding troubled RMAs.

They will probably fold the company and start a new one. This way they don't have to honor any warranties and can start fresh with ATI.

VisionTek > BFG Tech > WTH Tech.

Looks like I was right. Company run by a bunch of asshats.

Hmm I just got an RMA label from them ... should I send my busted 280 GTX in? Or would I be better off trying to bake it or something...

WoW, that's horrible, they had great products, how does a company like Saphire stay in business but BFG goes out of business? That just doesn't make any sense.

Back