Posts like this make me want to scream. I'm far from a grammar Nazi, but I definitely have to call this one out. You posted several definitions for "costed" to one-up the guy who called you out on it, and you obviously didn't check to see what you were posting definitions for.
"Costed" isn't a word, and you posted the definitions for "costing", which is a word.
it is a word, but as has been described, the original usage made the guy look like a retard, his argument to using it made him look even stupider, and the argument that its a word and therefore is okay to use at any point in a sentence looks even stupider
next time, just say it "cast" you $400, and accept that you used incorrect grammar, but don't whine like a 6 year old when someone calls that out after you go on some tirade over "OMFG I SPENTED ME $400 AND I NEED HAVE ME SUM FREE GTX 295 AND A SHIRT"
seriously, I agree that a 512MB GTS 250 isn't the best return, but its nearly comparable in performance, the 1GB or a GTX 260 would've been more comparable imho, but when your warranty plan was costed out, a dollar figure was established for roughly what you "get" when the board goes EOL