BFG Offers FREE Upgrade To PCI Express

And yeah, I still remember when my original 6800 died on me, called BFG up at around 10 at night, got an english speaking person and a RMA in 5 minutes.

Awesome company indeed, nice to see they haven't changed.

Let me look into that for you and I'll see what I can do. Might not be able to fix the issue until tomorrow morning though. I'm guessing it is a database problem, which shouldn't be hard to fix. I'll keep you posted.

Yea while I was trying to register mine, I came across the same problem. Looked at the example picture on my 6800 OC but no I only had a non-descript sticker with G+ a ton of numbers and wouldn't accept it. So anyway, while we have you here, any chance this is going to be an offer for Canadians also?

Thanks

aaaaaaaahhhhhhh, come on BFG......:eek::eek:

I have an AGP 6600 GT(evga) and a 6800 GT (PNY) that I'll trade you for one of those spiffy 9800 GTs.......I'll even pay the postage both ways.:D

Very sweet deal, even if I don't qualify.

Anyway......just bought two GTX 280 OCs, they are very fast.

Yea while I was trying to register mine, I came across the same problem. Looked at the example picture on my 6800 OC but no I only had a non-descript sticker with G+ a ton of numbers and wouldn't accept it. So anyway, while we have you here, any chance this is going to be an offer for Canadians also?

Thanks

I am actually working on that as we speak. I should have an answer back on this tomorrow in the AM. Free upgrades should be no problem at all, and if you want to take advantage of this I would advise that you contact our technical support so they can set this up for you. In regards to the more advanced upgrade, we just need to sort out a few logistical issues with the credit card processor. I'll keep you guys posted as I find more out tomorrow.

kudos, BFG! It's a very competitive market, good to see customer service. If they keep this up, I'll switch from evga the next time I buy a card.

I am actually working on that as we speak. I should have an answer back on this tomorrow in the AM. Free upgrades should be no problem at all, and if you want to take advantage of this I would advise that you contact our technical support so they can set this up for you. In regards to the more advanced upgrade, we just need to sort out a few logistical issues with the credit card processor. I'll keep you guys posted as I find more out tomorrow.
I'm having problems registering my 6800oc as well.

Ok fixed the problem. I was having issues while setting up a new account. I backed out and logged in, then went through my profile and registered the card. It went through ok and now I can access the upgrade process.

I have a 6800 lying around. How I wished it was BFG... damn :(

Any chance of getting this in Canada? I've got a 6800GT OC that I would love to get upgraded :D.

quick buy some cheap agp 6800 gs and trade it in! it sells for 70 dfollars while the trade in sells for 90 dollars.

I've got an old 6800 GT in a box with no psu... time to upgrade.

On another note, can anybody take the time to enumerate the differences between the 9600GT and 9800GT?

Relative graphics power?
Power requirements?
Card Size?
Noise?
Heat?

Notably also, my new computer has an 8800 GTS (512/G92)... better or worse than 9800GT?

Ok fixed the problem. I was having issues while setting up a new account. I backed out and logged in, then went through my profile and registered the card. It went through ok and now I can access the upgrade process.

Worked for me too. Now just waiting for a response

BFG Support (Jeff.Kozlowski):

All I have now is a AGP 5900XT-OC that really doesn't work well. The fan is SO loud (like it's going out, not just loud by design).
I'm thinking of RMA-ing it. Would I get another 5900XT-OC in return? If so, that's fine (it's what I paid for anyway). Do you guys even have AGP board in stock?

Thanks for a response!

posted this on bf2s, a bunch of people went for it so here's a thanks from them.

I'm also having the problem with only having two stickers on the back of my 6800 GT OC and a G3608... serial that it wont take.

Sweet! I just posted my BFG 7800GS OC on craigslist coz I was planning on getting a HD4850. Looks like it's going to be 9800gt for me :D !

Thanks for the tip. I was able to register my 6800OC the same way.

Did the same thing and it worked like a champ. Thanks. Would've gone for the 9800GT, but probably wouldn't have gotten the wife's approval. ;) Now to upgrade her mobo and we're golden.

BFG Support (Jeff.Kozlowski):

All I have now is a AGP 5900XT-OC that really doesn't work well. The fan is SO loud (like it's going out, not just loud by design).
I'm thinking of RMA-ing it. Would I get another 5900XT-OC in return? If so, that's fine (it's what I paid for anyway). Do you guys even have AGP board in stock?

Thanks for a response!

We can definitely RMA this for you, no problem. PM me with your details and I'll get it taken care of for you and provide all the details of the RMA.

Also, to anyone having issues registering your card, please PM me your details and serial number so I can check into it to ensure that there aren't any problems with the upgrade process :)

Jeff,

Have any idea about how long this offer is going to go on for? I have a 6800gt AGP in my main rig right now, and I would love to take advantage of this special. However, I just don't have the time right now to upgrade my CPU, MB, RAM, ...etc.

BFG story.
Baught a 4700 AGP way way back.
Burned it up gaming. RMAd upgraded to 6600 AGP
6600 burned up and later RMAd for 7800OC.
so, my money was VERY well spent on BFG.
I will not buy any other card. No this 7800 can lead my to a SLI upgrade for $50? Im on it.

Very nice, I'm glad I was waiting for the next gen. since I have a 7800GS I can now get the 9800GT I was eyeing. Might not be able to trade up later, but it's a great value swapping up like this.

Nice.

Just signed up with my 6800 GT OC for a 9600 GT for my HTPC I'm building.

BFG FTMFW.

Quick question on nvidia 9800s, do the carry audio thru hdmi like ati cards?

wow...just want to say how awesome this is BFG. too bad i don't have anything to trade in....unless you would somehow accept a sapphire x800xl agp. :p

Are our upgraded (read as: RMA'd) cards eligible as well??

My original was a 6800 GT. (With regards to this offer at least....)
It was replaced as a 7800 GS (I assume due to lack of stock at the time)
under the lifetime warranty.

---------

The other question pertains to my 8800gtx. (EDIT: orig. purchased as an 8800gtx)

There's no mention of the 8800gtx series being upgraded in this particular
posting's "promotion"...and it's quite possible I've overlooked something else,
but...

While I was there, I decided WTH, I might as well add my 8800 to the list
(still need to pull another rig apart to add the 5900 dustbuster too! lol)...
and it said "POP Required Upgrade Eligible" :confused:

Then it said: "Registration Not Complete: In order to complete your registration, please send POP using one of the methods below:"

Obviously there's ongoing database updating...as I'm already on my 3RD
8800gtx

What is *this one* eligible to be upgraded to??

-Regards,
Sprkslfly

------------------
PS: It's kinda funny...the only one that has never needed replacing...is the 5900. LOL

Anyone having trouble registering their card? I have a bfg 6800 and it won't recognize my serial number that starts with "G2005..." There are only 2 stickers on the back of my card, one which is the UPC code, so the other one has to be the serial number.... I wonder why it's not working. Anyone with the same issue?

I had the same problem...First it would recognise the S/N but not the UPC then visa-versa....I called Tech and they said they are going to force feed my S/N and UPC through and I should see it this afternoon..and if not to call them back...Mine is a G3508xxx S/N

That's actually the same boat I'm in. I had a 6800GT OC that was RMA'd, and I got a 7800GS OC in return.

Hopping on this deal with my 6800gt oc.

Is BFG going to allow us to upgrade the free 9600gt even further? For example, paying the upgrade price to go from the 9600gt to a gtx 260 216 core?

Finding the serial was a pain in the buttocks on my 6800 GS OC. There is no BFG S/N sticker, never was. There is a "remove under penalty of death" type sticker that must be the S/N, but it's apparently either not formatted properly for the entry field or I finally figured it out. It starts with G3 and has 11 digits after it. Now registration is asking me to find the receipt and fax/send it in. Like I remember where I put that how many years ago, but in myProfile it still says the card was upgrade eligible and I clickied the ORDER button.

Same as another poster, the wife wouldn't let me do the $50 upgrade right now if I begged...I hate being broke...which is why the upgrade is a nice deal!

Hope they don't require the receipt...I'll know in 24 hours I suppose.

I had been looking at purchasing a 9800 gt. Unfortunately my only listed upgrade is the 9500/9600. Why cant we pay the 50 bucks to upgrade to the 9800? This is still a good deal, but can you see if we can get the 9800gt available for pay for everyone? Kudos to bfg, this will be my 3rd card from the company and my first pci-express, thanks for this cool offer!

Yes, that should be fine. Since we upgraded the card for you there should be no issues with this.

The other question pertains to my 8800gtx. (EDIT: orig. purchased as an 8800gtx)

There's no mention of the 8800gtx series being upgraded in this particular
posting's "promotion"...and it's quite possible I've overlooked something else,
but...

What is *this one* eligible to be upgraded to??

-Regards,
Sprkslfly

This promotion is only for AGP cards going to PCIE cards. The 8800GTX isn't eligible for any upgrades at this time, Trade Up or otherwise.

Back