BFG Offers FREE Upgrade To PCI Express

I just registered my 6800GT OC, verified the proof of purchase, and don't see any link. Can anyone verify if this is still available? I hate that I didn't see this a week ago, can really use a PCI-e card for my HTPC.

It might not be active any more.

It figures i'm a day late and a dollar short. Would have loved to upgrade my 6800 gt for a 9800 gt. :mad:

Got my 9800GT OC on Christmas Eve. :cool:

Haven't had time to install it though due to the Holidays, but will be putting it in a new box I just built today... :D

Got my 9800gtoc day after xmas. New retail box, and it runs great. System is now getting about 10k in 3kmark 06 and 15k in 3dmark05. Not sure how good this is, but it is better than the previous card(x1950gt), which got about 10k in 3dmark05(never ran 3dmark06 against the 1950).

Happy camper here!

Is this still going on? I have one of these cards and would love to upgrade them. Links broken, so I could use some BFG input please!

Unfortunately this offer has expired. If we decide to do it again, we will certainly let you guys know.

BTW.. *sincere* thank you for this!!!

A VERY cool gesture/offer, and it only goes to reinforce my strong support of ya'll!!

John, Jeff, and ALL the guys at BFG...well...^%$^^%$ ROCK!!!

Unfortunately this offer has expired. If we decide to do it again, we will certainly let you guys know.

Ah damn what a shame. I was going to get this card upgraded and give it to a friend. Freaking guy is broke as hell, and I'd like to spend some time playing WoW with him before he joins the military. Alright I'll keep an eye out for it again. Thanks.

I saw this offer just a few days prior to BFG ending it so I was able to take advantage of it by upgrading my then 7800GS AGP to a 9600GT OC. I wanted so bad to get the 9800GT (or was it GTX?) but I was so broke after spending all my $$$ on Christmas gifts, so I couldn't afford even the $50. I was mad, but still happy that I at least got the 9600GT OC. Received it on the 2nd of '09. It's just a little speedier than my 8800GTS 320MB, but not a huge jump compared to the 9800GT[X] had I been able to afford it.

I saw this offer just a few days prior to BFG ending it so I was able to take advantage of it by upgrading my then 7800GS AGP to a 9600GT OC. I wanted so bad to get the 9800GT (or was it GTX?) but I was so broke after spending all my $$$ on Christmas gifts, so I couldn't afford even the $50. I was mad, but still happy that I at least got the 9600GT OC. Received it on the 2nd of '09. It's just a little speedier than my 8800GTS 320MB, but not a huge jump compared to the 9800GT[X] had I been able to afford it.

guess you didn't know that the coupon code was good for 6months.. :eek:

I have a 6800GT AND a 7800GS that are still being used by family members... this would be a great excuse to upgrade those boxes for them. Too bad I'm currently living in Canada now...

i dunno, that would mean new mobo time also, prolly even ram and cpu

Any idea how long I'll be waiting for my exchange card? I had an RMA number and sent everything by courier in a month ago. The BFG RMA web page says the card was received a month ago. Now what and how long?

Turn around time I've experienced is about ten business days (three days to get to them, three to four days for them to have it ready and three days for it get back to me). You should call them and ask what is going on.

Finally got my 9600, very nice deal, I dont actually need the card right now but I know I will in the future and it's also a good backup in case my 8800gt dies.

thx bfg

I've found BFG to be a little sketchy when it comes to response times. Reliable, yes, but it varies. I've heard a lot of people getting quick responses and shipping; personally, all the times I emailed BFG for something I've had to wait 2 or 3 days for a response, once I had to wait 6 days I believe which seems a bit excessive seeing as it was a simple yes/no question. I would e-mail/call them to see what's up.

Finally got my 9600, very nice deal, I dont actually need the card right now but I know I will in the future and it's also a good backup in case my 8800gt dies.

thx bfg

If you don't need yours, perhaps you can sell it to me so I can SLI it with mine. ;)

Any idea how long I'll be waiting for my exchange card? I had an RMA number and sent everything by courier in a month ago. The BFG RMA web page says the card was received a month ago. Now what and how long?

Can you please send me your RMA details so I can look into this for you?

I missed it too... an expiration date would have been nice. I was waiting until after the chaos of christmas to cash in on this, and instead, the day I tried it (new years day), it was gone.

I have a 7900GTX OC, 6800 ultra AGP, and two 8800GTS 512's... can I trade them all in for a GTX285?

Don't think you can trade your PCI-E video cards for better one unless they are within that time frame (one hundred days or something). This one special offering was only for AGP (6xxx/7xxx) cards.

anyone have a geforce 6800 GT stock HSF?
i need to RMA my card (lifetime war.) and i threw away my stock HSF when i purchased a 3rd party one

cheers,

i traded an old one old 6800 for a 9600 for free, pretty good deal that brought my sons computer, that happened to have asrock mobo with agp and pcie slots both, up to date.
I guess they cant get old agp cards and have too many pcie ones,
was a good deal for those of us who got on it

Back