BFG Offers FREE Upgrade To PCI Express

this is freaking awesome.. i have a BFG 6800GT, but the lame thing is I actually have some old AGP based P4 systems that I need the old card for! I don't need the pci-e card but damn, its hard to pass up FREE upgrades.. decisions decisions :(

this is freaking awesome.. i have a BFG 6800GT, but the lame thing is I actually have some old AGP based P4 systems that I need the old card for! I don't need the pci-e card but damn, its hard to pass up FREE upgrades.. decisions decisions :(

Well, you can jump a whole generation (core 2) and go right to core i7, I was going to do the same with my Athlon 3200XP system, but I had to do this build in the spring for other reasons.

trade up the card then buy some el cheapo $20-50 card for that p4

Jeff.Kozlowski, how long will this last?

Syn ack, would you mind not cluttering up the thread with giant pics?

Cant pass this up!! My BFG 7800GS OC which I use everyday has held its own. My Asrock MB has AGP and PCI slots (DDR and DDR2) which I got for a gradual upgrade.

Why in the hell would they do that?
Just give away GPU's? Ones that are actually still selling in the market?
I'm really blown away by this company.
I wish my kids were BFG descended!
At the risk of sounding overly cynical, one of three reasons.

1) They're expecting the good will to result in enough new sales to pay for the promotion.

2) With the slowing of the economy and a pending NVidia refresh they're trying to purge inventory of soon to be obsolescent cards.

3) They're running out of AGP cards to hand out for waranty exchange and this a is gimmic to recover some (Only relevant if BFG had a long waranty period a few years ago, which I don't know)

At the risk of sounding overly cynical, one of three reasons.

1) They're expecting the good will to result in enough new sales to pay for the promotion.

2) With the slowing of the economy and a pending NVidia refresh they're trying to purge inventory of soon to be obsolescent cards.

3) They're running out of AGP cards to hand out for waranty exchange and this a is gimmic to recover some (Only relevant if BFG had a long waranty period a few years ago, which I don't know)

I'd really be leaning for number 2 or 3 if were being cynical.

anyone who has registered their card, can you take a moment to look at mine? i can't seem to find the bar code/which one is serial?
cheers,

Try the # that starts with 006. That worked for my 7800.

Yes, that should be fine. Since we upgraded the card for you there should be no issues with this.

Oh, thank you so much! Very awesome. I don't know if I ever registered the RMA'd card, time to go take a look at the site.

(Only relevant if BFG had a long waranty period a few years ago, which I don't know)

It's been lifetime for a while, I think. Either that or 5 years, something nice and long. I had a BFG card die on me (my 6800GT, actually) and just forgot about it for about three years before I remembered, dug up the receipt and RMA'd it with the help of some pretty awesome phone support people.

Try the # that starts with 006. That worked for my 7800.

for the serial, right?

but i dont have a UPC; BFG site says it should start with 876xxxxx
example.
bfgupcexample.jpg

I don't see anything that resembles a bar code on my card.

for the serial, right?

but i dont have a UPC; BFG site says it should start with 876xxxxx
example.
bfgupcexample.jpg

I don't see anything that resembles a bar code on my card.

UPC is the number under the barcode from 8 thru 3.

I think I only have a 6800 GT 256MB, NOT the OC .. is that still eligible?

I sent a message to BFG and they said that it has to have the original cooler on it. Thats all they said, don't know if it matters if you took it off and have put it back on or not.

It's an excellent offer, without a doubt! I've had some problem with the website, though. Every time I try to register with my card info, it refuses to accept either the serial number or UPC code. Then it won't complete my registration and I have to start again with a different email address. Now I've run out of email address. I spent a long time on the phone with their customer service yesterday and they weren't even aware of the offer until I called and they still weren't able to resolve the issue. I emailed their warranty service and didn't get a reply. I pm'd their rep and am hoping for some assistance...

So it's safe to say that they're still working out the kinks, but everyone I've dealt with has been very friendly and helpful so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

kovboi there's a BFG rep who's postedin this thread and helped a few other people with the same problem. PM him the appropriate information.

It's an excellent offer, without a doubt! I've had some problem with the website, though. Every time I try to register with my card info, it refuses to accept either the serial number or UPC code. Then it won't complete my registration and I have to start again with a different email address. Now I've run out of email address. I spent a long time on the phone with their customer service yesterday and they weren't even aware of the offer until I called and they still weren't able to resolve the issue. I emailed their warranty service and didn't get a reply. I pm'd their rep and am hoping for some assistance...

So it's safe to say that they're still working out the kinks, but everyone I've dealt with has been very friendly and helpful so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Please send me any information you can via PM so I can take care of this for you.

DanNeely said:
kovboi there's a BFG rep who's postedin this thread and helped a few other people with the same problem. PM him the appropriate information.
Please send me any information you can via PM so I can take care of this for you.
I did, twice now. ;) Jeff, could you let me know what it is precisely you need aside from the details I sent you yesterday? Thanks!

I did, twice now. ;) Jeff, could you let me know what it is precisely you need aside from the details I sent you yesterday? Thanks!

My bad man, sorry bout that. Please provide a time that I can contact you (preferably via phone) regarding this so we can get it taken care of.

Thanks.

So the site recognized my serial number. :D Did anyone receive an email from them yet regarding the video card upgrade after completing the process on their site?

So the site recognized my serial number. :D Did anyone receive an email from them yet regarding the video card upgrade after completing the process on their site?

The details regarding how to send in your cards for replacement will be sent out tomorrow morning, for all that are curious.

If Interested, we also have an additional promotion going on for those that applied, you can now get a BFG 550W LS PSU for $60.00. The coupon code will be sent out with coupon code for the 9800 GT (when we receive your card of course). You can check it out here:

http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgr550wlspsu.aspx

UPDATE: All of the emails should have been sent out now, if you have any problems please let me know.

My bad man, sorry bout that. Please provide a time that I can contact you (preferably via phone) regarding this so we can get it taken care of.

Thanks.
No problem. :) I sent you a response by pm. In case I haven't said so already, cheers for this outstanding customer support!

First off, wow, this is a really great thing BFG is doing for it's customers! However it would be nice if they also had a 'premium' upgrade option as well, possibly the 9800GTX or preferably the 260GTX for $100, $150 extra. I only have one pci-e 16 slot available in the system I'm looking at so SLI is going to be problematic for a while, which is why I was looking for a lower high end option like the 260 this year. Now my decision is a little more complicated. Could they provide these other options individually on a case by case bases?

Is it safe to assume that I can't give them an artifacting card? If I can, I'm all over this.

Unfortunately my 6800GS OC is artifacting so I decided to remove the fan/heatsinks, now I can't figure out how to put it back together :p

Is it safe to assume that I can't give them an artifacting card? If I can, I'm all over this.

Since the card has a lifetime warranty, I don't see why you couldn't send it in. Since in any case you could just get the card replaced under RMA and then send in the fixed card for an upgrade, it wouldn't make sense for them to deny you the ability to upgrade right off the bat.

Since the card has a lifetime warranty, I don't see why you couldn't send it in. Since in any case you could just get the card replaced under RMA and then send in the fixed card for an upgrade, it wouldn't make sense for them to deny you the ability to upgrade right off the bat.
I tried to RMA it when it first started artifacting and they sent me back the same card with the same problems. I contacted them again and they started to ask for loads of system information as if the problem was on my end and I didn't want to deal with that plus another ten bucks to cover shipping it back so I dropped it.

They did a terrible job of placing a new serial sticker over the old one, I can read the old number perfectly underneath it!

Does the replacement 9600 or 9800 have a S-Video, DVI, and VGA? I really need the S-Video

The 7800GS OC have held their value compared to others and harder to find. Google showed $217 as the lowest price.

I just got my email but it doesnt recognize my phone number now when i check the link it provided.

nm it works now.

woohoo, got everything sorted out and received the email! thanks to BFG and their dedicated rep for this great deal.

brb guys, gonna go crank it to bfg then buy one of their video cards.

In all seriousness though this is pretty generous of them.

Jeff.K,
BFG 6800 GTOC bought on Ebay so no receipt/invoice. Have "proof of purchase", the rectangle on the retail box.

pm sent.

Back