• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

BFBC2 Multiplayer better on PC or PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no fanboy, I have everything from top of the line gaming PC to the Wii, but I happen to also HATE playing a video game sitting at desk after I get home from work were I sit at a desk all day. Also think the keyboard and mouse is antiquated and like having a game were all of my controls are simplified in a few easy to reach buttons.

Of course you are going to have more accuracy with a mouse and keyboard; but have you ever thought that it takes more skill to be good with the thumbsticks, which is why most of you "can't stand it". I went through the pain of the transition and now I enjoy playing any game more on my couch in from of my 55' television? Your on a level playing field for the most part so you can't get an advantage from the equipment you spend hundreds on.

No one is arguing one which system is easier to play on? That's pretty obvious. The argument was which is version of BFBC2 is better. Since the poster was asking we're assuming he's quite capable of using both and has no preference. Really it boils down to where your friends play for most people. As for me? For FPS's given the choice, I'd rather play on a PC. I have a 360 and that was what I played with for 2-3 years when I was moving about in the military and funds were limited. Now, I'm stable have a nice gaming PC and the last 10 games I've purchased have all been for the PC. Given the choice, I'll always pick the PC version.

But like you after sitting at a desk all day on a computer.. I find myself more and more playing casual games on my iPad... haha laugh all you want but playing fieldrunners and plants vs zombies is a blast. Mindless tower defense. That is until Starcraft 2 and Diablo III come out. Still waiting for the killer game.
 
PC.
1) It's an FPS. Mouse and keyboard FTW.
2) Dedicated servers
3) It's done right for the PC, this isn't some crappy port. The graphics are gorgeous.
4) I played the single player campaign in 3D. The developers did this correctly, as well. It is PERFECT in 3D. That brings the total number of completely perfect, and good, 3D games to, like... four.
 
PC.
1) It's an FPS. Mouse and keyboard FTW.
2) Dedicated servers
3) It's done right for the PC, this isn't some crappy port. The graphics are gorgeous.
4) I played the single player campaign in 3D. The developers did this correctly, as well. It is PERFECT in 3D. That brings the total number of completely perfect, and good, 3D games to, like... four.

Of all the games I've played with eyefinity (which honestly isnt that much), this was the only game that was PERFECT out of the box. The Hud is still on the primary screen, FOV works perfectly and everything just works. For $20, there's no argument that it was well worth it on the PC.

To sum things up, I'm going to use food places at an analogy. Say you're planning to go to dinner with your friends, you have a choice between getting pizza delivered to your house, or going out to a nice italian resturant. Going out cost more, is more work, but the food is better. Staying at home is more relaxing. Delivery is not as good, but it gets the job done. Draw whatever conclusions you want with that analogy, but the main point is, if your friends go some where, 99% of the time you'll go with them. If they go out to eat, you wouldn't want to stay home and order pizza for yourself, if they order in, you dont want to go out to a nice resturant on your own.

First and foremost, go where your friends go. I play a good amount of singler player or multiplayer at home and have a blast, but playing multiplayer games with friends brings experiences that far outweight the PC vs Consle benifits/drawbacks.

I just did an impromptu LAN last night with some TF2, BC2, and borderlands, and although I didnt bring all 3 monitors over to play, it was the most fun I've had playing multiplayer in awhile.
 
Yeah man, auto aim totally makes FPS games more challenging.

Well the ass hats screaming over voice comm the whole match also helps in the console's favor because it makes the game more challenging to hear anything at all!
 
This is a PC site, so I'm sure you will probably see mostly PC responses. I suppose it is like Halo vs Quake. To me, Quake was far superior, but there were people that absolutely loved the Halo series on the console.

One of my co-workers prefers gaming on his consoles because he can sit back and relax on the couch.

I can't stand fps on the console because it just seems so inaccurate and clumsy.

I suppose it would also depend on your hardware. A PS3 only costs $400 nowadays? You don't really get a robust PC for $400, and IF you were the type of person that bought a $400 PC, it probably wouldn't even run BC2.

That said, I'd say PC.
 
PC will always be better than consoles because you can have more players vs each other. And the draw distance, resolution, and graphical effects will be superior. The consoles get a watered down version and cannot handle directX 10 or 11 effects.
 
PC will always be better than consoles because you can have more players vs each other. And the draw distance, resolution, and graphical effects will be superior. The consoles get a watered down version and cannot handle directX 10 or 11 effects.

This for the most part is true, but not for all games/scenarios. Like MW2, it is basically a direct port from console. Same number of players and no dedicated servers. PC COULD have been much better.

For graphical effects, yes and no. A PC that most people that visit this site have will outperform a console. But for $400 the PC you can get will probably look worse than a console would.
 
yea those twelve year olds will beat your ass in any game

Your probably one of those 12yr old kids anyways lol.

You have no arguement here dude when It comes to fps games pc owns consoles, no ifs ands or buts about it. You can't possibly win this arguement so you may aswell just stop.

I played cod 4 on pc and 360. I played so much better on pc then the 360. With a console when you turn up the sensitivity to max you lose precision. Just give up now, I highly doubt anyone in their right mind is gonna say you are right...

Your arguement was a huge fail from the beginning...
 
Of course you are going to have more accuracy with a mouse and keyboard; but have you ever thought that it takes more skill to be good with the thumbsticks, which is why most of you "can't stand it".

It's kind of like saying it takes more skill to drive a race car without a clutch pedal and having to manually rev-match every shift - while strictly true, it's kind of ridiculous at the same time. No, I think something like the mouse just leaves a much higher margin where skill can kick in before running into limitations of the control scheme itself.
 
But for $400 the PC you can get will probably look worse than a console would.

Not a chance. I built my wife a PC with a 4890 and E5200 @ 3.6 ghz for around $300. That is WAY more powerful than a console. Even a 8800GT that you can get for like $50 now is much better than what's in the 360/PS3.
 
dude its no faster on pc than it is on console

and WTF do you mean "aiming is hindered because of the controller", im just as extremely accurate with the controller as i am with the mouse.

yea ok, the extra 4 players on the opposing team makes the game so much faster *SARCASM*

and PCs are no better for fps than console

It is faster paced on the PC
Aiming is hindered with a controller
4 additional players does make a difference
PC's are better then consoels for FPS.

Congrats. You're 0/4.
 
It is faster paced on the PC
Aiming is hindered with a controller
4 additional players does make a difference
PC's are better then consoels for FPS.

Congrats. You're 0/4.

dude just stop, why don't you just admit that you suck balls with a controller
 
Your response displays the assnine person that you are. You can't come up with a credible retort and so resort to namecalling. Seriously how old are you? My money says 14.
 
Your response displays the assnine person that you are. You can't come up with a credible retort and so resort to namecalling. Seriously how old are you? My money says 14.

167 and a half, my money says you're a pedophile
 
I think practically every console FPS has either some sort of aim assist or autoaim programmed in. I'm not sure if the pro-controller people are good enough to notice it though.
 
Your response displays the assnine person that you are. You can't come up with a credible retort and so resort to namecalling. Seriously how old are you? My money says 14.

He uses 16 and 17 in his tags, so maayyybe he's just an immature 17 year old.

Anyway, GG claydog and buh-bye! :D
 
Last edited:
You guys really need to learn to stop feeding the trolls.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top