BF4 just doesn't feel right

Has the team balancing been fixed? In BC2 it was completely broken in BF3 it kind of worked but I think the last straw for me was it would constantly switch me to the losing team like 5 seconds before the game ended and teams were rarely balanced.

The game just doesn't feel right....Higher upgrade times sucks ass as well.

This was a beta only thing. They increased the amount of XP per level. If you hit rank 7 in the beta, you actually got a ribbon/tag/reward whatever for rank 25.

I put ~25 hours into the beta and was either rank 7 or rank 8, I forget. I have less than 10 hours in actual release and am already just as far as I was.

The netcode during the beta was great but this is what is happening way too much right now:

http://i.minus.com/imtwnfuAPtilV.gif

To play the apologist a sec...

I got some perk or whatever it's called, that adds 10% to anything that hits my chest. Once I got this, I was the guy surviving what you linked.

Also all the little things matter in this game it seems. Which I guess it should. Like grips, scopes, gun types, muzzles, armor. It just seems to add up. Now that I have a gun that feels what I am used to, things have gone up for me big time. Like a .5 K/D now closer to 2 K/D. I notice that those things that you just linked have really slowed down.

I also notice that I rarely get killed behind cover in BF4 like I did in BC2...

Well, I bought it. DAMN, they sucked me in. $74 too...
Anyway, it runs AMAZING. No crashes. ([email protected], 7950 with OC. Beta 7 drivers)
I've experienced a few netcode issues. Kind of annoying, but for the most part it runs fine if I'm in a 32person server.

Well, I bought it. DAMN, they sucked me in. $74 too...
Anyway, it runs AMAZING. No crashes. ([email protected], 7950 with OC. Beta 7 drivers)
I've experienced a few netcode issues. Kind of annoying, but for the most part it runs fine if I'm in a 32person server.

I've actually crashed at least 5 or 6 times since release. Had 3 crashes in an hour.

With every new version of BF there has always been a learning curve. Its not BF2, BFBC2 or BF3. Its BF4 and is going to be the combination of EA's vision EA's ability to code. That is what BF4 will be and it may not be for everyone.

That being said, give it some time. I remember when I first started BFBC2 and was rather miffed at all the mechanics and what not, but has ended up being one of the better BFs in my mind.

Agree with you Nettwerk, that stuff has got to get sorted.

Day 1 of 1942 I Liked it put away all other games
Day 1 of BF2 I Liked it put away all other games
Day 1 of BF3 I Liked it put away all other games

Day 1 of BF4 Its just ok and feels odd....I put it away and Picked up other games.

The 32 & 48 player servers seem to be better with less rubberbanding problems, I wouldn't use your boosts till they fix all the server crashing.. Nothing like getting alot of points and flush it all down the drain with a complete server crash.

So not to be sarcastic but because BF4 is harder therefore its "god awful"? How exactly does that work?

People complain that BF3 is dumbed down and nowhere near hard enough and that everyone shouldn't have access to everything with far less gameplay required than 2 or 2142. DICE makes it harder and forces you to actually spend large amounts of time per class to unlock content.

I don't get that part of your complaint. If you spend 300+ hours in one BF game don't you want a challenge? Don't you want to actually feel like you've accomplished something when you unlock a weapon you've been waiting for?

I think BF3 had a much more arcade like feel to it since everyone pretty much unlocked most of the upper tier weapons in a much faster pace than previous BF games. Kinda took away the fun if you ask me.

Oh well , just an observation.

You start off with 'BF4 is harder'... but then go on to talk about the grind in the games? How does that work?

Let's make this clear--there is nothing hard about any grind. Making a grind take longer doesn't make it harder--it makes it, well, longer :p

You start off with 'BF4 is harder'... but then go on to talk about the grind in the games? How does that work?

Let's make this clear--there is nothing hard about any grind. Making a grind take longer doesn't make it harder--it makes it, well, longer :p

In comparison to BF3 it is harder but the grind is part of the fun I personally think of such a game. BF2 is probably the longest grind but the differences between a fresh player and a long term player were obvious. A multi tiered general in BF2 had access to a huge array of equipment while a level 1 had jack and shit. In some games a level playing field makes more sense but BF has always rewarded those that play the game to its fullest. I felt BF3 kinda went for a more level playing field. Of course each BF game has weapon balancing issues that must be addressed but that's the bane of FPS games in general.

A grind by its very term and usage is a measure of time true but many of us (and I'm sure you included) sometimes refer to it in terms of difficulty. I guess its more of a feeling of time passed than actual difficulty so you do have a point there.

Try turning off the post-AA. I believe it defaults to high on the custom graphics settings, and by shutting it off, I thought everything looked better.

I did. I also was able to boost a lot of stuff to ultra by doing the Win7 core unpark trick.

Still feels a tad arcadey to me. Graphics don't impress too much. They should have improved on the vehicle explosions, it still just switches to a burnt out wreck.

Sorry, but your logic is wrong. To put it in perspective, try replacing "grind" that statement with "running". I'm sure you can run for a few feet at least. How about 20 miles?

Longer time x same effort = more effort required overall = more difficult

I've been trying Team DM type of servers with only 32 players max. It's ok and no crashes it seems vs. the 64 player ones. But I enjoy playing big maps with 64 players but it just seems like a giant sniperfest. Half the teams are snipers and I spawn and I'm dead within 3 seconds, hearing the woooosh and zip and bang of sniper bullets as soon as I spawn. It's more frustrating than fun at this point for me. :(

My rig stopped crashing in multiplayer as soon as I manually installed punk buster. Single Player smooth as butter day one. I really like the game but I am a 53 year old casual player. I share the account with my 17 year old and he loves the multiplayer.

I guess i got video game Fatigue too, i can't anything more then 2 minutes without turning it off.

I guess i got video game Fatigue too, i can't anything more then 2 minutes without turning it off.

I un-installed it. I didn't like the game and didn't want it just sitting on my PC since it loaded punkbuster which runs in the background and some web browser plug in which who knows what it does.

With that being said I am leaving this thread.

Thanks

The weapon grind is all fine and dandy WHEN it remains fair for everybody. I know EA all too well though. They made the weapon grind more tedious because they plan to release purchasable weapon kits in the near future. More tedious weapon grind = more people cave and buy kits = more $$$ for EA.

I love all the Battlefield games but EA and their unethical (if not downright evil) business practices are the deal breaker for me now. The crap they pulled with BF3 (releasing the game over and over at increasingly discounted prices BUT with additional content / options forcing players to buy the entire game again and again if they wanted those 1 or 2 additional benefits) was complete garbage. They knew damn well the majority of those that would purchase these "game bundles" already purchased the entire game and simply wanted the 1 or 2 additional benefits they provided (e.g. they knew the ability to reset your stats was something everybody wanted so they knowingly withheld it from the original game and added it to that "premium pack" garbage forcing players to buy the entire game again if they wanted this popular feature).

I apologize for my diatribe on EA. I realize I sound like a hater but the degree to which they took advantage of people with BF3 in addition to destroying my beloved Sim City and just recently C&C (after originally promising Generals 2)... just when you think you're over something they give you another reason to hate them.

I apologize for my diatribe on EA. I realize I sound like a hater but the degree to which they took advantage of people with BF3 in addition to destroying my beloved Sim City and just recently C&C (after originally promising Generals 2)... just when you think you're over something they give you another reason to hate them.

Nope, you should be mad, EA is a fucking terrible company, they have been for years, and anyone who buys their products is part of the problem.

Just watched TotalBiscuit's video about BF4 and he basically says the same thing. These games are getting so generic with the same game modes, same weapons, same multiplayer as all the other games of the same type.

Honestly I think it would take multiplayer AI and player-hosted servers to get me to come back to Battlefield.

I loved BF1942 an BF3, I played them till my fingers fell off and my eyes bled. With that said, BF4 fucking sucks. I seriously want my $48 back.

I have to agree with the OP big time

Something just feels weird about this release. It looks great, the damage is remarkable. But sometimes the gameplay just feels way too arcardey too me. Players move too fast. I know, I know, there are games out like there ARMA, but IMO BF3 was a decent balance, and after 2 days I can't seem to find it. The maps are small and also just feels cluttered with vehicles and tanks after tanks after tanks. If your not in one, your pretty much screwed for the recreational player

i was around a 15.5% accuracy on BF3 in total, i was shocked to check my BF4 stats today and see that im not even at a 9% accuracy. Its just god awful and for someone who doesn't have time to play 5+ hours a day, its very frustrating

Time to kill is too fast
simple as that and the game mechancis for inf needs to change.
the netcode they use with the time to kill makes it a bad game.
its beyond me how they design things currently.

Nope, you should be mad, EA is a fucking terrible company, they have been for years, and anyone who buys their products is part of the problem.

I'm glad I am part of the problem. Listening to you whine makes it all worth it.

Nope. Not getting me again EA. I have been a rabid BF series supporter (I got into it with the 1942 mod then BF Vietnam) but as many others, I didn't like the direction BFBC and BF3 went, especially with all the add-on "modules" they released that in all reality should have been part of the original release, or at least most of it should have been. I was shocked when I downloaded and installed BF3 on release day only to find what I considered at best half a game and of course, buggy-terribad gameplay. It was the first time ever that I just abandoned a new game I had purchased. Later on, probably a year or so later when they released the "premium" pack or whatever it was I was feeling nostalgic and decided to give it another run. At least now it was what could be considered a complete game but...I dunno...it has just sucked. When I saw the BF4 videos and hype I hoped against all hope they would actually...you know...make a good game but then I remembered what they have done with the previous two BF titles and quickly regained my senses. No more money for you EA. I feel like I should have a memorial service or something....anyone have a shoebox and a candle?

Just watched TotalBiscuit's video about BF4 and he basically says the same thing. These games are getting so generic with the same game modes, same weapons, same multiplayer as all the other games of the same type.

Honestly I think it would take multiplayer AI and player-hosted servers to get me to come back to Battlefield.

We all get video game fatigue at one point or another. Its normal. Especially as you get older. When you have more shit to worry about and you come home tired sometimes even gaming isn't really what you are in the mood for.

I sometimes will stop gaming for months at a time then I'm fully back into it. I think BF4 as a Battlefield title is probably the best version since BFBC2 honestly. BF3 was pretty and all but it felt like an unfinished project that never got the respect it deserved. I think also however that the franchise is suffering from EA's desire to put BF on everything that has a CPU in it. They should seriously dial back and give DICE time to iron out BF4 with patches and content and then give them more time to get their creative clocks back on track.

If BF5 is a carbon copy of BF4 then I'll probably give up on the franchise. If they can't at least throw in some kind of innovation or alter some game mechanic that I may not like but will respect the confidence to attempt such a thing then I don't see the point in playing another. With that said when BF4 works , I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Sounds like I made a smart decision passing on BF4, no matter how much hype it got. EA should be a massive glowing warning sign for everyone. It's a shame too, I really loved 1942 and BF2.

Sounds like I made a smart decision passing on BF4, no matter how much hype it got. EA should be a massive glowing warning sign for everyone. It's a shame too, I really loved 1942 and BF2.

I still wish they would have gone back to WW2. More skill, less automatic lockon super guns.

This.

It was inevitable. Companies get too big and rake it too much money for their own good. Its in human nature to always want more, and the more we want the more disconnected we become, until in the end, were a mere shadow of our former selves. Its a vicious cycle. :eek:

I know everyone is different, but I too am loving this game. I've been with the battlefield series since 1942 (I built my first PC for that game), and have sunk 100's of hours into each one of the series.

So far, Ive put in 6 hrs into BF4 multiplayer and think its a great game. It's not that different than BF3 in terms of game type etc, but with some welcome improvements - such as the level changing as you play, and superior graphics (on my new rig). Ive had less than 5 server crashes so far so not too bad, but more importantly Ive had some epic game moments and a vast amount of fun.

I'd like to see the queue system fixed, the filtering fixed, the strange audio gaps that sometimes happen, but otherwise its a fine game and one I will be playing with for a long time. The unlocks are a non issue. I like progressing up and unlocking kit. It rewards you. Ive killed plenty with the guns I have already so its not like Im always outclassed.

My advice to those on the fence... dont be too put off by people complaining, as you may find you actually like it. My thoughts on reading this thread is that some people complain for the smallest things, but I guess to them it may be more important. Decide for yourself.

Stop using the X64 .exe.

This solved my problems for stability. It also solved all my sound issues as well.

But the netcode.. and before you call it "whining" there is plenty proof of it on Youtube. It could very well be fixed in the coming months but they never fixed it properly in BF3. Its crazy to see someone you just shot killing you then in the death screen showing up behind a wall. I doubt hacking is rampant at this point and I can't even begin to relay how many times I've been nearly point blank and fired near half a clip into someone's dome to suddenly fall dead and watch them walk away.

Yea , BF4 has problems. Its a DICE game , what did you expect? If you really can't stand it I recommend a refund. You can always get it at a later date on sale once the bugs are ironed out.

I had some trouble adapting to the game in the first couple of days. Felt like I was being outclassed by other players and I couldn't get my bearings around the new/modified game systems. I reckon it's just a part of the process of learning the nuanced changes from BF3. I'm doing better now than I was in the beginning.

Of course, all this is talking about the actual game. Having all sorts of stability problems with the game still but it's a DICE launch. I've seen too many of them to be surprised by what's happening. It'll get fixed in a few weeks, like it always does.

TBut the netcode.. and before you call it "whining" there is plenty proof of it on Youtube. It could very well be fixed in the coming months but they never fixed it properly in BF3. Its crazy to see someone you just shot killing you then in the death screen showing up behind a wall. I doubt hacking is rampant at this point and I can't even begin to relay how many times I've been nearly point blank and fired near half a clip into someone's dome to suddenly fall dead and watch them walk away.

I don't know what they can ever do to fix this problem as long as they insist on using client side hit detection.

Back