BF4 just doesn't feel right

I'm one of those who paid since day 1 of the preorder and still can't play due to some problems, tried everything they told me and looked every goddamn forum and still nothing. Fuck them.

I still wish they would have gone back to WW2. More skill, less automatic lockon super guns.

Exactly I would rather see a new vietnam version, ww2, civil war, any period before all the super, dead on, automatic, laser sighted & guided weapons, every shooter is all the same now taken place in modern day or a Zombie game.

I know everyone is different, but I too am loving this game. I've been with the battlefield series since 1942 (I built my first PC for that game), and have sunk 100's of hours into each one of the series.

So far, Ive put in 6 hrs into BF4 multiplayer and think its a great game. It's not that different than BF3 in terms of game type etc, but with some welcome improvements - such as the level changing as you play, and superior graphics (on my new rig). Ive had less than 5 server crashes so far so not too bad, but more importantly Ive had some epic game moments and a vast amount of fun.

I'd like to see the queue system fixed, the filtering fixed, the strange audio gaps that sometimes happen, but otherwise its a fine game and one I will be playing with for a long time. The unlocks are a non issue. I like progressing up and unlocking kit. It rewards you. Ive killed plenty with the guns I have already so its not like Im always outclassed.

My advice to those on the fence... dont be too put off by people complaining, as you may find you actually like it. My thoughts on reading this thread is that some people complain for the smallest things, but I guess to them it may be more important. Decide for yourself.

I respect what you're saying, but I don't agree. I have to ask, have you seen the video at the bottom of page 2? In post 39? that happens CONSTANTLY to me, even when I play on servers with great pings. Or I get killed by guys around corners. Theres no excuse for that. I'm not giving up on the game yet because BF3 is so fun and I'm hoping this game will eventually be like that. But if they don't fix the netcode problem I'm going have to give up. I just rage too hard when it happens.

This is bf4 for me so far lol:

I'm running with a group of 4 people to flag C and the whole enemy team protecting the flag shoots me first. And I was in the back of the group!

Exactly I would rather see a new vietnam version, ww2, civil war, any period before all the super, dead on, automatic, laser sighted & guided weapons, every shooter is all the same now taken place in modern day or a Zombie game.

This 100%. I would have been happy with anything earlier or even a sequel to BF2142.

From what I hear the netcode issues are bad at time. The clan I'm in has a dedicated server (hardware, not a VM) which has helped a good bit. Costs more per month, but it's helping with the issues.

This 100%. I would have been happy with anything earlier or even a sequel to BF2142.

Seconded. I am not buying another BF until it is no longer a MMS (Modern Military Shooter). Would love BF2143 with a much better performing Titan mode...

+1

I still boot up 2142 and play every now and then.

I wish I could, but Origin is fucked up for me. Says I cannot connect to the "authentication server" whenever I try to boot it. EA support has been no help either. I mean, com on! I have the damn disk in my hand!

World War 2 makes for a better story and game i think. More skills involved usually. More of a story behind the game. Based on something that actually happened. Nazis are the best enemies to kill ;). With the updated graphics it would be cool to see a Omaha beach with all the bells and whistles. 128-256 players on a battlefield would be good.

World War 2 makes for a better story and game i think. More skills involved usually. More of a story behind the game. Based on something that actually happened. Nazis are the best enemies to kill ;). With the updated graphics it would be cool to see a Omaha beach with all the bells and whistles. 128-256 players on a battlefield would be good.

It also helps that the Nazi and Allies/Soviets are easily distinguishable, unlike in the modern games where you HAVE have the HUD tell you if the guy you are looking at in green meadow camo is actually an ally or enemy.

Back