Best game you ever played?

final fantasy 7
final fantasy 7: crisis core
final fantasy X
pokemon yellow, crystal
Counterstrike 1.6
MGS series

no 2d fighter game beats MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2.....when will 3 ever come out...everyone is waiting for DANTE

CS 1.6
Live For Speed
TF2
Half-Life
Age of Empires II: Conquerors (on LAN)

oh yeah: and Grand Tourismo (1) on PlayStation (1)

How is final fantasy tactics and are you talking GBA or PS (or whichever several systems they are on) ... why was it so great?? Did it have a story.... ? Story as in a real story throughout not a backstory.
and on that note the best games i've probably ever played are:
Counter-strike
Final fantasy 3 and 7
Tie fighter/x-wing/x-wing alliance (tie fighter the best)
C&C Gold/Tiberian Sun

Those are the gaems that just grabbed my attention... i keep going back to FF7 too... wish i had a PSP for crisis core.

Duke Nukem 3D was fun, and the pixelated boobies was funny :D it doesn't really hold up though does it?
StarCraft
Half-life 2
Star Wars KOTOR with a story and plot twist as good as "Luke, I am your father." And the reveal of Keysor Soze in The Usual Suspects. I know this is a kind of a spoiler but you've all played this classic by now right?
Sins of the Solar Empire

Honorable mention scariest game ever:
System Shock 2

The best game I've ever played is Half-Life 1. Amazing story and awful gameplay.

In my opinion a revolution for pc-games!

console:
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire for n64...great story and alot of innovation with the jetpack and gameplay

mortal kombat 3..i could still play that game for hours on end...

any old original nintendo game...probably rate punchout/zelda/metroid/castlevania at the top of that list though

pc game:

Splinter Cell
ut2k3/ut2k4
half life 2
bioshock
Unreal 2 (most people didnt like it, but for some reason i thought it was killer)
Day of Defeat Source
System Shock 2 (this game scared me more than fear)

Top 5:

1) Quake 2 (rail arena MP) by a HUGE margin
2) GTA San Andreas
3) F1 Challenge
4) Forza 2
5) C&C Red Alert

Honorable mention:
Unreal Tournament

Half-Life
Half-Life
Half-Life

Did i mention.... Half-Life

Greatest game ever made IMO me and my friends still fire up the multiplayer on it every lan we do.

tiefight.gif

Closely followed by Fallout series, Deus Ex, Half-Life, Counter-Strike:Source, and KOTOR.

(1) Tetris on NES
(2) ShockWave on the 3DO (best console ever)
(3) BF2
(4) Half-Life 2
(5) Portal

Hon. mention: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Crysis

Old school Hon. mention: Quake 2 and the Homeworld series

I'd have to divide it up by categories somewhat.

Strategy: Advance Wars 2/Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
Adventure: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask/Wind Waker equally
FPS: Half Life 2, Halo PC/CE (Content creation and mp additions made it far > the console version), and any of the Unreal Tournament series, also I'm thinking a few years down the road CoD4 may have earned it's spot in this category.
RPG: Final Fantasy X/Pokemon series

Best game ever played - CS 1.6
Best gaming experience - Being like 10 years old playing Resident Evil in a pitch black room.

At the time, I thought it was Jedi Knight. My buds at school why tell me to shutup cuz I'd rave about it so much.

Now, I'd have to say HL2.

Although Starcraft never seems to get old either, and I've had a lot of fun playing it.

I like the stuff that feels cinematic/immersive.

Half Life 2

w/ episode 1 &2

Hands down. The best game have ever played.
Best story ever. Made me feel like I was in a movie.

2nd: Medal Gear Solid: Snake Eater

The Baldur's Gate Trilogy
Oblivion (with honurable mention to Morrowind....if only I wasn't so annoyed by the combat/magic system, it was a better game than Oblivion)
Grim Fandango
Monkey Island series
NFS Underground 2/Most Wanted

Also spent an unhealthy amount of time with Diablo 2 and The Sims/Sims 2

Nintendo Game Boy
Tetris

Super Nintendo
Super Mario World

Sega Genesis
Streets of Rage

Nintendo 64
Donkey Kong 64

PC
Counter-Strike
Half-Life
Quake III Arena
Half-Life 2

PC
Counter-strike & Counter-strike: Source
Quake 3 Fortress
Diablo 2
KOTOR 1/2
Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear

Console
anything Zelda

Beating people around the head with poles while zipping in and out of traffic was awfully fun, they need to make a modern version of this game.

There actually was a PC version I believe. But the Sega version, man, me and my little brother used to play it all the time. The game was just amazing. Kicking and ramming peoples bikes of the road or into cars. Hitting Viper off his bike with the chain. Fighting cops that had clubs. Running over bikers who fell off their bikes. Using the cheat code to get the black super bike with unlimited turbos (and then going over that one hill in Hawaii and disappearing off the screen for a while flying over everything). Good times..

I would love a modern version of this game!

Number 1 is easily Baldur's Gate 2. It's the one I remember most fondly.

After that, in no particular order:
System Shock 2
Bioshock
Phoenix Wright 1
Psychonauts
Chrono Trigger
Wing Commander: Privateer
Shadow of the Colossus
Any Ratchet and Clank game

Back