Descent Freespace
Descent Freespace 2
WoW
F.E.A.R
S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Escape Velocity Nova
Rollercoaster Tycoon (yes, really)
Far Cry
Halo 1 PC (this probably takes the number 1 spot, I played it online more than you can possibly imagine. I STILL play it today)
Red Alert 2
Tiberium Sun
BF2

Trackmania Sunrise
Trackmania United (though I still felt I had more fun on Sunrise)

probably many more..

X360:

Mass Effect
Gears of War
Halo 3
Cod4
Burnout Revenge (so, so much fun)

My list:

KOTOR
Call of Duty 4
Chrono Trigger
Halo
Gears of War
Portal
Half-Life 2
GTA4
Zelda: Ocarina of TIme
Perfect Dark

...and others.

1. Halflife 1 and associated mods
2. Legend of Zelda (NES)
3. World of Warcraft
4. Diablo ii (classic and LOD)
5. MK 1 (sega)
6. Killer Instinct (arcade)

literally spent "years" of my life playing some of those games

Gears of War
Half Life 2
Unreal Tournament 2001 and 2004
Day of Defeat Source
Counterstrike Source
Warcraft III
Crysis
NFS Underground 2
CoD 1 and 2
Battletoads :)

Probably a bunch more that I forgot.

Hours of my life lost to these games.''

TRANSPORT TYCOON <-------- How come no one said this game? this is LEGENDARY!!!
Total Annihilation ------- Too many hours.
WoW -To many fond memories such a revolution in mmo gaming it keeps drawing me back.
Half Life and the Mods it spawned Pref DOD!!!!
BF2
GTA Series and SAMP.
Rollercoster Tycoon - That game was one little addictive thing....

I hope that something comes out soon that i can wrap my head around, i'm hating these new games that only keep me interested for a couple of hours. What ever happened to getting sucked into 8+ Hours of gameplay without knowing it. :p

#1 - Everquest (EC anyone?)
#2 - Half-Life
-Team-Fortress
-Day of Defeat (pre-source)
-Counterstrike (pre-source
#3 - Quake 1 (Mplayer anyone?)
#4 - Dark Age of Camelot (pre-expansions)
#5 - Doom I & II
#6 - Goldeneye N64
#7 - GTA I
#8 - Zelda Ocarina of Time

#1 - Half-Life (1&2) Single player on HL1 is better
#2 - CCS
#3 - TF2
#4 - Command and Conquer Red alert 2
#5 - Delta Force (2 believe)

Close
BF2
Quake

There's always nostalgia for what you played when you were young and then there's advancements that blow you away... damn... they all hold a special place in my heart for time wasting!

Gorf
Jungle Hunt
R-Type
TMMT 2 The Arcade Game (most fun 4 player game I ever played years ago begs to be brought out to VC wii)
Legend of Zelda (1, Link to the Past)
Contra
Strider
Shinobi
Chrono Trigger
Soulblazer
SMW
Legend of Mystical Ninja
Earthbound
Street fighter II
Starcraft (and Brood wars)
Total Annihilation
King's Quest
Police Quest
Leisure Suit Larry series!
KOTOR
Jedi Knight
Warcraft 1 and 2 (3 not so much)
Marvel vs Capcom (1 and 2) epitomy of tagteam games
Final Fantasy 7
Devil May Cry, DMC3
Doom
Doom 2
Quake QII and QIII
Unreal
UT
GTA3
Gran Turismo 3 and 4
Shogo
FEAR
Far Cry (it was new, Crysis was overblown)
Half Life 1 & 2
Counterstrike
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess
Team Fortress 2!!!!
DMC4

man im probably the only one that liked jagged alliance 2 that much heheh ah well :p

duke nukem 3d probably. great singleplayer, with coop. great MP deathmatch. awesome, memorable maps, with unique weapons(shrink ray!). great hero character of course. so much personality, it just rocked.

In no particular order:

Shenmue
Mario 64
Half-Life 2
Bionic Commando
Thief 1 and 2
BioShock
Undying
Resident Evil 1 & 4

Duke Nukem 3D
Quake 1,2,3
Total Annihilation
World of Warcraft
Alien vs Predator 2
Diablo 1,2
Resident Evil 1,2,3
Starcraft
Excitebike (NES)
Doom 1,2,3
Zelda: Link To The Past
Final Fantasy 5,6,7, Tactics
Twisted Metal 2
Street Fighter 2: Turbo
Contra III

Probably countless other NES/SNES/PS1 games I can't think of.

for me, the game that consumed most of my 80's videogame childhood was the first Zelda ever made, on NES. then as a teen, the game that left the biggest impression on me was Carmageddon 2. i suppose that was my GTA IV game for kids today haha. i did have the original GTA though, one of my favs too! i still remember running over the lines of officers and getting bonus points... yee haw

Tt's too hard to pick just one game as there have been so many over the years:

Atari 2600
Pitfall

Atari 800/Commdore 64 & 128 (Can't remember which games were for which system). Biggest Leap in load times ever that I remember was going from tape drive to 5 1/4
Lunar Lander (started it all)
Shamus
Zepplin (God I loved that game)
Boulder Dash
F-15 Strike Eagle
M.U.L.E for Multiplayer

Old School Arcade Vector Graphics:
Battlezone
Star Wars
Star Trek

Nintendo
Ninja Gaiden 1, 2, and 3
Megaman Series

Super NES
SF2 Turbo and Regular Versions

My Friend's 486x25Mhz
Mechwarrior

My First PC (Gateway Pentium 60)
Doom I and II (Real reason I bought it other than stinky PC lab in college)
Aliens Mod for Doom 1
There was an AWESOME Doom Mod that had you start out in your sleep chamber on a ship and then you had to go into an umblical to another alien ship
Overall, the mods for Doom that came out were the best single player-wise for their time.
Quake I

Old Roommate's PS
Resident Evil
METAL GEAR SOLID (I must say impressed me the most and was the first PS game I started and finished)
Resident Evil 2

I had a PC video-game hiatus called the US Navy Submarine Force until my P3-750 with Geforce 256 (missed out on Quake II and Unreal)
UT99
AVP 2 (Predator Mode and Queen Fight FTW, never finished Marine--too freaky)
Halo for PC
UT2003 (never got back into it with UT2004, hated the vehicle control compared to Halo)

In the last 5 years:
Fear (great AI, when I shot a guy in the leg with he bolt gun and he started to limp, I was just Wow, that's a first. I liked replaying scenarios in that game just to see what the different approach/reaction result could be and loved the slow-mo blood)
Half Life 2, Ep 1 and 2
BF2 for the multiplayer (still go back to it)
Crysis (the game left me wanting more at the end though)

Company of Heroes
Descent
Half Life series
Counter Strike Source (as far as online and competitive goes)
Mario Kart
Guitar Hero
NUMBER MUNCHERS

doom1/2
quake1/2/3
wolf3d
blake stone
cs/css

quake2 with lithium mod lasted me so long. so simple yet so fucking good.

css gungame turbo deathmatch fast reload fast weapon is the only thing i do now. evil smurfs only too unless there's no one on

edit: forgot rtcw

Honorable mentions:

PlaneScape: Torment
Fallout I and II
KoTOR I and II
XCOM I and II

Best game ever... hard to say played many great games but after just revisiting Mafia and getting stunned by it´s brilliance once again I have to say Mafia... I honestly think it can only be topped by Mafia 2 lol.

Otherwise Thief games pretty much all of them, System Shock 2, AVP, NOLF. Say what you want about fps games but they are really immersive.

Outside the fps genre equal games Morrowind for sure. Though it´s kind of a fps rpg lol. And the title I probably have spent the most time with is GTR. Spent quite a lot of time with flight simulator 9 and now FSX as well and IL 2 of course.

As for racing games Richard Burns Rally is truly a masterpiece.

I couldn't put these titles in order, so here's a simple list.

Metal Gear Solid (PSX) - The first cinematic video game I remember consumed my livelihood for a great deal of time. This is one of very few games that I literally explored and learned every aspect about and I beat it over 12 times. It got to the point where I could literally reproduce the entire game on paper from memory be it story, map layouts, item locations, easter eggs and hidden features, shortcuts past certain scenarios, etc. lol I was quite obsessed. If there were to ever be a movie made from a video game worth watching, it would be of this game.

Medal of Honor (PSX) - Inspired by the movie Saving Private Ryan and produced with Steven Spielberg, this game was a beautiful WW2 experience full of espionage and action. Again, this game consumed my life for a good amount of time. During this time, I remember coming home from school everyday and turning this game on, beating it as fast as I could on the hardest difficulty, all in time for dinner. Another title that got played through numerous times; over 15 I would say. I could play through it in less than 2 hours.

Total Annihilation (PC) - The rightful "King of RTS" of 1997 as far as I'm concerned. This game is unique because of the amount of units available to use; both user created and included in the game and its expansions. This game had much larger and epic battles, especially over LAN, than C&C and Starcraft ever did, mostly due to the uniqueness of the units and amount of units allowed in gameplay. The recent followup, Supreme Commander, did a great job of bringing these aspects to a modern time. It just didn't captivate me as much as TA.

Unreal Tournament (PC) - This game is what started deathmatch gaming for me. Countless hours were spent playing during school hours in the computer labs.

MechWarrior 3 (PC) - I discovered this game a tad behind it's heyday, but nonetheless it left a lasting impression. Combined with Gamespy Arcade, I found my first online gaming experience with this game. Ping and lag were terms I didn't understand, even though I was playing over a slow dial-up connection. Years later, what people tried explaining to me in this game about ping and lag finally made sense! lol

Crysis (PC) - This game had me in anticipation for nearly 2 years. Previously done by Half Life 2, this game revitalized that same cinematic experience I felt during sessions playing MGS. The difference here between HL2 being a more captivating story (I never played HL1, the only story I knew of it was the backstory of HL2) and more innovation in regards to how the "special suit" enhances gameplay. Graphics were better than anything I had ever seen digitally rendered before and the sci-fi rendering of the Aliens' "environment" was nothing short of awe-inspiring. This game provided me with the single most enjoyable entertainment experience of my life, thus far.

There are so many other games I extremely enjoyed, but they just didn't leave the same lasting impressions on me as these games did. A lot of the time playing I would listen to mp3s and to this day when I hear certain songs, it brings back feelings and memories of the games I was playing at the time while listening to those songs. Fuel - Hemmorhage brings me the nostalgia of Total Annihilation.

DOD:S - Some of the best game play mechanics ever! You can cook grenades and throw enemy grenades back :D. *I am a kar-star* (k-98)

AVP2 - Scary enough for a heart attack (Marine Campaign)

Desert Combat - Beta Version .8 (Awesome mod for BF1942)

FEAR (Best Ai, fun gun fights)

CRYSIS

Honorable Mentions:

Battlefield 1942, Far CRY, Quake 3 Arena, Unrealt Tournament, Portal, Half Life 1, 2, 2-ep1, 2-ep2.

I think the game I ever spent the most time playing was Blood.

Brilliant and most hilarious multiplayer game!! I am totally with you on that, haven´t given this game any thought for a long long while ..oh and so was Redneck Rampage by the way.

Chronological order:

Civilization
Ultima VII
Unreal
CS 1.3 - 1.6
Deus Ex
Independence War II: Edge of Chaos

Wing Commander series

*sigh*
In order probably
Wing Commander II (better story than 1)
Wing Commander
Wing Commander Privateer
Wing Commander III
Wing Commander IV
Wing Commander Privateer II
Wing Commander Prophecy
Wing Commander Armada (if only to kill my friends over my 14.4 modem)

In my memory, these are heads and tails above almost any other game I have played in the past 25 years.

My fav is the original Tribes, followed by Battlefield 1942 w/modern combat mod.

Back