@necere
I think the S340 intake solution is worth considering for the half G5 design. Haven't really read up on the S340, but if it works there, it should work here. With the intake under the case by the feet, which i really like btw, the solid front panel can be kept and the case could look exactly like on the renders on the outside but with front-back airflow interior design. Maybe there could be a way of incorporating a top inlet as well in the same way?
I am worried that that design with perforated front panel wont be as nice because from all discussions about aluminum case panels on this forum, it seems like hole punching a whole panel will make it warp, and that design would really need the front panel to be evenly and fully punched. The alternative is some sort of mesh, which would probably cheapen the design quite a bit.
I'm liking the last layout. Not exactly a revolution, but 280 (front) and 120 (back) rad support, 5 PCIe slots and the possibility to sacrifice HDD for PSU length is a winner in my book.
I think at this point, the millimeter game is a very unproductive game to play. There are both smaller and bigger cases out there for mATX anyway so size will not be a selling point. I think a beautiful design and possibility for full WC of main components, meaning at least 3x120 rad support should be the main concern
I think the S340 intake solution is worth considering for the half G5 design. Haven't really read up on the S340, but if it works there, it should work here. With the intake under the case by the feet, which i really like btw, the solid front panel can be kept and the case could look exactly like on the renders on the outside but with front-back airflow interior design. Maybe there could be a way of incorporating a top inlet as well in the same way?
I am worried that that design with perforated front panel wont be as nice because from all discussions about aluminum case panels on this forum, it seems like hole punching a whole panel will make it warp, and that design would really need the front panel to be evenly and fully punched. The alternative is some sort of mesh, which would probably cheapen the design quite a bit.
I'm liking the last layout. Not exactly a revolution, but 280 (front) and 120 (back) rad support, 5 PCIe slots and the possibility to sacrifice HDD for PSU length is a winner in my book.
I think at this point, the millimeter game is a very unproductive game to play. There are both smaller and bigger cases out there for mATX anyway so size will not be a selling point. I think a beautiful design and possibility for full WC of main components, meaning at least 3x120 rad support should be the main concern



