vipz
Gawd
- Joined
- Apr 11, 2005
- Messages
- 815
I think trying to keep the looks "in the family" is a bit of an artificial limitation that doesn't lend itself to good designs. Really, you want the design to work with the functional elements - the front I/O, air intakes, etc., as well as the size and proportions. For these reasons, I try to make each design the best it can be for each case's unique aspects, rather than trying to shoehorn in some "family resemblance." It ends up being awkward more often than not to do that.
Your reasoning makes perfect sense to me and I agree.
This is my favorite. Reminds me of the FT02, which IMO along with the FT03 are by far the most stylish entries in the series. I love the two tone front. I think it would look the best if vents could be incorporated along the perimeter of the front panel, like the NZXT Source 210 but minus the weird angles. I vastly prefer that approach compared to the slots on the sides seen on the other designs.
Something about how the bottom vents "hide behind" the side panels really stands out to me, in a very good way. Not saying this needs to be incorporated into the the final product if it is based on the first design, just something I want to call out.






