Battlefield: Hardline

While i do not care for the small ish maps and lack of vehicles. I do enjoy being able to take out 3 people with one clip. Not worth $60 imo. I paid $40 and feel ok with that.

I think the game is fun. It has a pretty fierce fighting style. Running around like a crazed cop is slightly humorous.

My one (huge) gripe about BF4 is the amount of lock on weapons. Particularly in rush maps starting in the water, javelins, the damn airburst, etc, dumb down the game. How is it in Hardline?

Only lock on weapon I have used is the stinger. You have to pick it up in specific locations on maps with choppers. There might be another lock on weapon but beyond that and the choppers heatseekers, I don't know of them.

Only lock on weapon I have used is the stinger. You have to pick it up in specific locations on maps with choppers. There might be another lock on weapon but beyond that and the choppers heatseekers, I don't know of them.

There's the stinger, which you can find on a map or start with in a car. There's another weapon, I forget which one, but it can lock onto all vehicles, road & air, but it only has 1 shot. Then, you can tag a copter and use RPGs to take it down, but you lose a handgun.

There's the stinger, which you can find on a map or start with in a car. There's another weapon, I forget which one, but it can lock onto all vehicles, road & air, but it only has 1 shot. Then, you can tag a copter and use RPGs to take it down, but you lose a handgun.

Thanks...that seems much more balanced. Sounds like they went back to the BC2 method with needing to tag to lock on, which at least requires some teamwork or a loss of some other ability.

just bought the game lastnight on origin, and gave it a quick run.. Is it me or is there like not too many people playing it online on pc? The campaign is pretty interesting though. Now had it been open world, would be killer

Thinking i should have got the ps4 version (since i can take the ps4 with me when i travel for work and play in the hotel, but i got a better sound system on my pc).

PC players have been less than BF4 on PC, and not comparing launch numbers. Current players of BF4 constantly exceed BFH.

The Best Buy sale this week might help.

Last edited:
just bought the game lastnight on origin, and gave it a quick run.. Is it me or is there like not too many people playing it online on pc? The campaign is pretty interesting though. Now had it been open world, would be killer

Thinking i should have got the ps4 version (since i can take the ps4 with me when i travel for work and play in the hotel, but i got a better sound system on my pc).

Full of players on my side, check out your filter, the problem must be that.

PC players have been less than BF4 on PC, and not comparing launch numbers. Current players of BF4 constantly exceed BFH.

The Best Buy sale this week might help.

If BF4 has 30,000 players online - many that came in on the $5 and $10 sales, and BFH has around 20,000 players online, how does that difference impact an individual player in any meaningful way? This isn't Titanflop or Evolve where playerbase will fall off a cliff. It will continue to have plenty of servers full of players; at least until Battlefront.

Last edited:
If BF4 has 30,000 players online - many that came in on the $5 and $10 sales, and BFH has around 20,000 players online, how does that difference impact an individual player in any meaningful way? This isn't Titanflop or Evolve where playerbase will fall off a cliff. It will continue to have plenty of servers full of players; at least until Battlefront.

Where did I say that it did? I merely answered the question about why there aren't too many people playing online. I gave no opinion either way and merely reported what the stats show.

I even pointed out the sale might help bring in players.

Seems I struck a nerve and you feel like you need to defend your purchase.

Not sure why you took my post as an attack or criticism but I'm too bored to escalate. I realize tone can get lost in text but I was simply curious what for example the best buy sale is supposed to "help", like what's the concern.?

It's still regularly got 20000 players, so 5-10k players plus or minus I don't think matters in terms of longevity. It'll easily last til Battlefront and probably beyond once all the DLC maps are out. FWIW, a lot of my BF4 clan buddies are pretty salty on it, but most admit they're just waiting for a sale and then will jump back and forth between BF4 and BFH, which battlelog makes pretty easy. I haven't even touched the game yet since I burned out during beta, and too many other games meantime. My 2c

Okay guys for the first time since the game launch we caught a guy hacking but it wasn't being caught by punkbuster. His name was GDM Skyfall, on maps that were lasting 5 minutes he was 160/0. He was the gunner in a helicopter and that was the only way he would get kills, it was surreal he would basically kill anyone running around on foot. He finally got booted after the 3rd map he was in doing the same thing, this kind of shit pisses me off.

Still can't get the feel of this game. Getting bored of the instant 180 turn dead in 1 second stuff.

Well I play with my teamates on armored fist. You might want to look into joining a team or clan so you can play as a squad. We usually win when there are 5 or more of us in a server. Otherwise, I would try 32 man vs 64 bc on 64 the rape can become a little too real. With 32 you have a chance of at least doing something useful. I like 32 man bloodmoney in hardcore mode.

I stopped playing hardcore after morons in games would just jump in front of your car/run into your shots/grenades etc. and then have the audacity to punish you.

I stopped playing hardcore after morons in games would just jump in front of your car/run into your shots/grenades etc. and then have the audacity to punish you.

Not unique to Hardline though. I stopped Hardcore early in BF3 precisely for that Punish/Forgive bullshit and general trolling by "teammates", shooting you if you got in the helicopter before they did so they could take it, it was like playing with fucking 10 year olds.

Well now the punish kills you. I haven't been punished yet. The one big issue is the chopper. People spawn on it and die from a fall. You get that tk. Get 3 and you are kicked.

they need to fix the team killing of team mates in vehicles.
While you are in the chopper, you can shoot the gunner, same with the car, if you are in the back seat hanging out, you can shoot the guy in the front seat.

and there are a lot of invisible walls. I'll be shooting from behind some cover and my bullets just hit an invisible wall right in front of me.

I liked the new unlock system, but is anyone else finding that the new assignments are sadistic?

They should have called it Battlefield: K10. I wonder when the patch is finally gonna drop, because that gun is what dictates the winner on certain maps.

I think I'm burned out, everyone is running around with rockets and it's getting pointless in Hotwire.

I think I'm burned out, everyone is running around with rockets and it's getting pointless in Hotwire.

I think they really needed to balance out trunks. There are too many vehicles that it's actually easier to get a higher kdr by blowing up a vehicle, killing yourself, and waiting until the vehicle respawns so you can grab an RPG and repeat the process ad nauseum. Until about a few days ago, I spent most of the time just driving to get xp. I had about 1000 deaths and sub 200 kills. I'm now at a .84 kdr doing what I've said above.

they need to fix the team killing of team mates in vehicles.
While you are in the chopper, you can shoot the gunner, same with the car, if you are in the back seat hanging out, you can shoot the guy in the front seat.

and there are a lot of invisible walls. I'll be shooting from behind some cover and my bullets just hit an invisible wall right in front of me.

DICE's TK system is f-ed up. For example, if you shoot an enemy jeep upup so it's on flames (kill the driver), then 30sec later some teammate uses that jeep as cover and it explodes, you get the teamkill.

DICE's TK system is f-ed up. For example, if you shoot an enemy jeep upup so it's on flames (kill the driver), then 30sec later some teammate uses that jeep as cover and it explodes, you get the teamkill.

Didn't that get patched out later in the previous BF's? I guess if it did then we should be pretty confused as to why it happens in Hardline.

Do realize it'll never happen.. The battlefield IP is now a cash cow. Just as COD is now.. And they released it at a time that next gen console owners where getting bored, hence the profit they are making..

Dont matter if everyone that owned a PC, never bought another BF title, they'd just stop porting them over to PC and make it exclusively on consoles..

So guess what Next November be ready for BF Hardline 2!

I got to play this today for free and man the MP is so bad. There are next to no servers, and half of them seem to be focused on The Block which was decent at first. It got old super quick since you can pin one side to spawn.

This was also the first time I experienced toxic admin also. They were randomly muting people so if you used the in game commands like requesting ammo you were killed by the server.

So guess what Next November be ready for BF Hardline 2!

Hah, good luck with that. Have you seen the player stats lately? BF3 regularly has double the # of players that Hardline does. BF4's 24hr peak is almost *four times* BFH's 24hr peak.

Battlefield Hardline is dead. Like, really dead. It's more dead than BF3, and BF3 has not only been out for almost four years but it's also had a sequel that tends to have double its daily playercount.

Gotta say I'm glad I avoided this one.

How is the SP? Honestly I'll probably stick with BF4 for MP, but I enjoyed BF3 and 4's SP (3's was much, much better though.)

Hah, good luck with that. Have you seen the player stats lately? BF3 regularly has double the # of players that Hardline does. BF4's 24hr peak is almost *four times* BFH's 24hr peak.

Battlefield Hardline is dead. Like, really dead. It's more dead than BF3, and BF3 has not only been out for almost four years but it's also had a sequel that tends to have double its daily playercount.

Gotta say I'm glad I avoided this one.

Yeah I've been watching the player count on bfhstats.com ... it's abysmal. I think it got even worse after GTAV came out. Happy I saved $70-$120. I figured it would stay strong until Battlefront but nope.

In other news, GTAV is awesome. My time is split between it and BF4 now.

So dead I am playing Titanfall instead. Oh and BF4 still. Knew it. Still bought it. At least I only paid $30 for the non premium.

Back