Battlefield: Hardline

Honestly they need to get rid of Hardcore and stop splitting the community. And HC players can just learn to aim. Hardcore modes are the bane of FPS games today.

Considering I play HC mode most of the time in most games, how about you learn to take cover. BF however is a bad example for HC and Hardline its worse because all it is is regular with all the UI features turned off.

give it two days, and want your money back?

Some friend.:rolleyes:

Considering Origin has a limit of

You may return EA full game downloads (PC or Mac) and participating third party titles purchased on Origin for a full refund. Refund requests can be made within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game’s release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first. And if you purchase a new EA game within the first 30 days of its release date and can’t play it due to technical reasons within EA’s control, you can request a refund within 72 hours after you first launch the game instead of 24.

Honestly they need to get rid of Hardcore and stop splitting the community. And HC players can just learn to aim. Hardcore modes are the bane of FPS games today.

Learn to aim? Your range is decreased in regular modes (BF3/4, can't comment on Hardline) because no one will sit still for 4-5 shots. It becomes more spray and pray at close range in place of single aimed shots at distance. And I find it to be too forgiving when you can out smart/flank a squad, kill two, hit the third in the head (now having turned around to shoot back back at you) and giving them a fighting chance. That is pretty lame, IMO. Add in the mini map/detectors which tell you the enemy location, magical crosshairs (so much for aiming), the n00b friendly magical ammo pool (don't have to keep track of reloads), ammo counters (really?) and it certainly is more forgiving.

IMO the horrible Quake influenced damage system from the 90s needs to die. Unless you're actually playing Quake/UT where it fits in with the gameplay. Having someone walk off a rifle shot to the eye is simply terrible game design.

give it two days, and want your money back?

Some friend.:rolleyes:

Ya, considering you have a 2 week time frame and you didn't give it to the weekend, that is pretty lame.

Why? Because it felt like at least the same experience as BF4, if not worse in most cases? That's not something I want to repeat. The changes that would make it more enjoyable for me will not happen, so why bother wasting the time on it?

Considering I play HC mode most of the time in most games, how about you learn to take cover. BF however is a bad example for HC and Hardline its worse because all it is is regular with all the UI features turned off.

I'm not the one complaining about being able to kill people. It is you. Learn to aim, lower your sensitivity and use burst fire at range. HC trivializes 90% of the game and weapons balance goes out the window. If you want a 'war sim' there are better games suited for that, BF is not one of them. Like I said HC has only helped in splitting the community, but I guess those players wouldn't have played the regular mode cause "OMG takes an entire clip to kill some one" anyway, when it really doesn't and you are just terrible.

Why? Because it felt like at least the same experience as BF4, if not worse in most cases? That's not something I want to repeat. The changes that would make it more enjoyable for me will not happen, so why bother wasting the time on it?

Not gonna explain how being a friend works...:confused:

He's returning it, too. I played more of the game than he did and now we both get a nice, hearty laugh when it comes to the BF franchise. Friends, yeah?

And I find it to be too forgiving when you can out smart/flank a squad, kill two, hit the third in the head (now having turned around to shoot back back at you) and giving them a fighting chance. That is pretty lame, IMO.
This is a tactics issue, not magazine size, bullet damage or anything else. This issue is easily resolved by throwing a well placed grenade, C4, or even an RPG before you start firing. Even if you don't kill all of them out right, you mop up with your primary weapon. The alternative to that is to use an LMG with a bigger magazine size, but even that will limit you because someone will hear you firing and could still return fire.

The only other thing that affects this is netcode (game issue, not as big a deal as it once was) and dropped packets (bigger issue than most realize and want to blame game for it).

Flogger23m said:
Add in the mini map/detectors which tell you the enemy location, magical crosshairs (so much for aiming), the n00b friendly magical ammo pool (don't have to keep track of reloads), ammo counters (really?) and it certainly is more forgiving.
There is no magical crosshairs nor do they prevent you from requiring to aim. You can't hipfire shit in these games at anything further than 10 feet, and even then you don't need the crosshair to to help you when they are that close. The crosshairs themselves do not make the accuracy of the weapon better. The crosshair that does appear only gives you a general reference to the center of your screen, and skilled players already know where that point is. I can pull off the same hipfire accuracy in hardcore mode as regular mode. Most times I do that simply using the laser, but even then I am so close I don't have to aim. My opinion is that if I have to hipfire, be it in hardcore or regular mode, I'm doing something seriously wrong.

The rest of your point is spot on, and about the only valid argument I see against regular mode. It does force a more methodical gameplay style and to think about every single step.

The rest of your point is spot on, and about the only valid argument I see against regular mode. It does force a more methodical gameplay style and to think about every single step.

I actually prefer how the vehicles work in normal mode. If I plan on playing Conquest, I always play normal.

I find it hilarious that some people think hardcore mode makes you more skilled and aiming more important when the exact opposite is true in every hardcore mode i have ever played. Hardcore mode essentially makes it easier to get kills, the reliance on hit location is even less important than ever.

It just makes games feel like another poorly balanced cod game that relies on who saw who first instant death gameplay where no one can properly defend themselves even if they are the better player.

Last edited:
I find it hilarious that some people think hardcore mode makes you more skilled and aiming more important when the exact opposite is true in every hardcore mode i have ever played. Hardcore mode essentially makes it easier to get kills, the reliance on hit location is even less important that ever.

It just makes games feel like another poorly balanced cod game that relies on who saw who first instant death gameplay where no one can properly defend themselves even if they are the better player.

agree

HC mode is for the aim challenged

I find it hilarious that some people think hardcore mode makes you more skilled and aiming more important when the exact opposite is true in every hardcore mode i have ever played. Hardcore mode essentially makes it easier to get kills, the reliance on hit location is even less important than ever.

Agreed. And worst of all it splits the community. So you have some friends that only play Normal and some only HC. It's terrible.

Hardcore is more about outplaying the person trying to kill you. Yes it takes about 1-2 shots to kill but it's trying to force people from not running OUT in the open, use squad tactics and just not be a general retard. not to mention the lack of 3rd person in vehicles make it slightly more difficult, I play both regular and HC and personally, I find your guy's bitching about it to be pretty funny.

Splits the community? Because it's not already split between people playing 24/7 Hotwire while other friends play 24/7 Heist. Communities split, get over it.

Hardcore is more about outplaying the person trying to kill you. Yes it takes about 1-2 shots to kill but it's trying to force people from not running OUT in the open, use squad tactics and just not be a general retard. not to mention the lack of 3rd person in vehicles make it slightly more difficult, I play both regular and HC and personally, I find your guy's bitching about it to be pretty funny.
I don't play Hardcore too often for various reasons other than what you guys are stating, but you and other's are right.

It is true some people play hardcore for the aiming and damage per shot crutch thinking it will help them score better. Those people don't last long in hardcore, and they are usually playing TDM where the smaller maps lend themselves to more COD style play. For veterans of hardcore mode, they seek out the challenge and more methodical gameplay. I've seen time and time again Hardcore noobs running around like chickens with heads cutoff relying on these crutches get owned by the Hardcore veterans.

It works both ways. You'll die quicker to. In normal I find myself running out in the open more (if I know there is an enemy in the distance) because even if I get shot 2-3 times I'll live. Aiming is less important because the overall engagement range is lessened and you have to end up spraying to get a kill anyways. To make matters worse, I know I can run out, get hit by a burst, and run off and hide somewhere and regen my health. There is certainly less consequences for poor actions.

When I do go to a normal server I often get killed more frequently up front because I only shoot a small burst at an enemy thinking it will kill them, move onto the next target, fire a small burst into them only for the first guy to turn around and kill me. :D After a while of getting used to it I tend to do better overall though. I die a lot less. Your mileage may vary.

Splits the community? Because it's not already split between people playing 24/7 Hotwire while other friends play 24/7 Heist. Communities split, get over it.

This is a personal preference, but I prefer fewer game modes. Take most of the game modes in BF4. They're poorly done hardly anyone plays them. I'd rather have a few good modes that are well done/balanced. In BF's instance, Conquest/Large, Rush, TDM, Domination is really all that is needed IMO. Obviously for Hardline they'll need an extra mode or two for the cop/robber theme but more than 6 is getting too cluttered.

HC promotes pussy play, where no one plays aggressively and 90% of the map is barren wasteland that is dare not crossed because someone with a 1200 RPM SMG can instagib you from 300 yards away. The whole "squad skill tactics" are the exact same from Normal mode in BF:Hardline its just a deathgasm on the Vault/LootBox. People just convince themselves its more "tactical"

Yet It's 1 step above the 50 y/o's playing in the "tactical" servers where you cant sprint and must crouch everywhere :rolleyes:

IMO

HC promotes pussy play, where no one plays aggressively and 90% of the map is barren wasteland that is dare not crossed because someone with a 1200 RPM SMG can instagib you from 300 yards away. The whole "squad skill tactics" are the exact same from Normal mode in BF:Hardline its just a deathgasm on the Vault/LootBox. People just convince themselves its more "tactical"

Yet It's 1 step above the 50 y/o's playing in the "tactical" servers where you cant sprint and must crouch everywhere :rolleyes:

IMO

People playing defensively rather than aggressively is a matter of play style, if you don't enjoy playing a game mode where people are more interested in keeping themselves out of line-of-sight that's WHY THEY HAVE OPTIONS FOR OTHER THAN HARDCORE.

TL;DR

People complaining about hardcore are CASUALS

Played 3 rounds so far. Kdr is 3.8. Seems fun.

I thought you weren't going to get it :p. Im having a blast with it, my KDR is back to normal (like BC2, BF3) since it dropped quite a bit with BF4.

All of the old guys on my team got it. SO I wanted to play with them again. Haven't played together in forever.

any links towards known performance issues? game is running like ass. Single 290, 2500k at 4.2, 8gb sys ram. Runs bf 4 @ 100 fps. Tried both the omega and latest beta.

There is supposed to be an issue for some users with Punkbuster causing stuttering.

I'm not the one complaining about being able to kill people. It is you. Learn to aim, lower your sensitivity and use burst fire at range. HC trivializes 90% of the game and weapons balance goes out the window. If you want a 'war sim' there are better games suited for that, BF is not one of them. Like I said HC has only helped in splitting the community, but I guess those players wouldn't have played the regular mode cause "OMG takes an entire clip to kill some one" anyway, when it really doesn't and you are just terrible.

You do realize that hardcore is more like BF1942 and BF2. The softcore (normal mode) didn't get introduced until EA forced DICE to try and mimic COD (and its popularity).

I couldn't care less with the health difference. It's the health/armor regen, 3d spotting, and other annoyances that dumb down the game.

You do realize that hardcore is more like BF1942 and BF2. The softcore (normal mode) didn't get introduced until EA forced DICE to try and mimic COD (and its popularity).

I couldn't care less with the health difference. It's the health/armor regen, 3d spotting, and other annoyances that dumb down the game.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

They make a mode called Classic Mode that solves all your issues... yet no one plays it and no HC servers transitioned to Classic. And you know why? Because Hardcore is where the slow players go to grind out their 1:1 KDR while they convince themselves it's about SLOW METHODICAL TACTICAL GAMEPLAY!

ARMAIII and Insurgency is the game you want to play, and if you distilled those games down its just pixel peaking instagib, where players just Poach kills inbetween CP's. Most maps are not designed around HC and how about simulating SAPI plates and increasing vehicle gun velocity to actual values.. say 5500 FPS for a 120mm tankshell? oh that would be TOO hardcore right :rolleyes: Hardcore is for people who want their Infantry FPS cake without the nasty realism of anything else, we can't have it all so Normal mode is where the balance is at.

After playing a lot of hotwire, my kdr is now probably screwed up for months to come. At least I have a great winning percentage though and don't have to worry about leveling up or money for awhile. Objective boost + mechanic = first place and mvp almost every game, but you die far more than running over enemies.

Last edited:
XpFn6je.png

Lol, Hotwire Wake Island map would suck so bad, some of the limited route Hotwire maps are bad enough with Sabotage and other devices.

Well there is that one island map that has hotwire on it. I love it, though my favorite is Everglades with the Fan boat...

Now I do think they need to tweak Hotwire a little to balance it out with the Cops not having to necessarily steal the cars but more or less just stop the bad guys from driving around in them. I guess for me I was looking for the chaos factor that is fun to play with friends. I don't give a rats ass anymore about Kill to death ratios but how many people I can take out with a vehicle or as a gunner on the chopper.

Last edited:
enforcer assault rifles seem to work best for me on semi auto because anything on automatic is a mess as the gun starts moving around way too much and I've not been able to get enough kills yet to try out any of the unlocks that might add more control.

enforcer assault rifles seem to work best for me on semi auto because anything on automatic is a mess as the gun starts moving around way too much and I've not been able to get enough kills yet to try out any of the unlocks that might add more control.

Hahahah very true! I was so excited to unlock rifles for both sides..but talk about unleashed a loose fire hose! I usually do 3 taps then let recoil reset..damn things kick hard.

Ive been having connection issues today even thou my ping is 10, anyone else having issues?

not sure how you all play FPS games, but this is how I play,
bf-hardline-setup.jpg

and the game has a Logitech setting for the LCD color, Blue for the Cops and Orange for the bad guys.

They make a mode called Classic Mode that solves all your issues... yet no one plays it and no HC servers transitioned to Classic. And you know why? Because Hardcore is where the slow players go to grind out their 1:1 KDR while they convince themselves it's about SLOW METHODICAL TACTICAL GAMEPLAY!

Classic does nothing better than hardcore, and brings back some of the fluff from normal so there is no point in playing it IMO. But I don't think anyone (at least with a damn bit of sense) is claiming CS/BF/SOCOM/*insert other action game here* are tactical shooters. They're all action games and really, the pace in HC is about the same as normal. Normal just caters more to spraying wildly and running around and hopping than aimed range fire. But both modes still require an obscene amount of automatic fire. :p

ARMAIII and Insurgency is the game you want to play, and if you distilled those games down its just pixel peaking instagib, where players just Poach kills inbetween CP's.

Both those games fail in many areas. Insurgency is really just a watered down version of the mod with an overabundance of game modes. I think ArmA 3 is even bigger of a let down, but that is for a different thread.

Played for about 2 hours and am returning it. Not really fun and I can't stand the maps/game modes.

This video made me buy this badass game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJLuQ6An63k

:cool:

With me in the chopper and a good gunner, he would have to keep getting a new ride.
I played 3 rounds last night as a pilot in Hotwire and my gunners just kept taking out the cars. I didn't get that great of a score since I was just getting 25 to 75 point bonuses per person in the cars we were shooting and the people killed on the ground.
We won all those matches since we were taking out their cars rather quickly and their chopper didn't last very long when they did try and fly it.

Back