Battlefield: Hardline

Copy paste battlefield franchise until the name doesn't mean shit (not that it already hasn't been tarnished by BF4). Nice move EA, milking game franchises until their demise.

Copy paste battlefield franchise until the name doesn't mean shit (not that it already hasn't been tarnished by BF4). Nice move EA, milking game franchises until their demise.
Did the Battlefield name ever really mean anything? They're fun games, but not much for substance (or cohesiveness, even).

Did the Battlefield name ever really mean anything?
Until BF3, it did.

BF3 and beyond is like RE4 and beyond. It's not that they are bad games, but they need to change the name so they don't bastardize the franchise.

I enjoyed BF3 at first, but it didn't last... BC2 was the last good one... I sank hundreds of hours into BC2. BF3 only kept my attention for about 50 hours of online play, and I doubt I'll give another EA BF game a chance. Also, didn't Tom Clancy already make this game... like 5 times?

Could be fun, but after the B4 fiasco I'm DONE w/ DICE/EA

qSLZg.jpg

Not surprising really, EA is now copying Activision releasing yearly games which is most likely going to be trash, not to mention EA is already ruining their own gaming franchises. Though this could be fun though because I'm sick of the military FPS genre.

This would honestly be boring. Unless the game is realistic like SWAT (which it won't be) there will be zero differences from a military perspective if all you do is shoot people as soon as you see them. It will essentially be Battlefield without vehicles. Even SWAT, while keeping a realistic perspective/gameplay, still had to exaggerate and portray missions in which you go up against multiple gunmen. Which essentially never happens in the western world.

Also, didn't Tom Clancy already make this game... like 5 times?

You had the first three R6 games which were based on CQC anti terrorist type stuff and then GR which was outdoor infantry combat. After those titles the series went downhill. R6 Vegas/GR Future soldier are essentially the same as Battlefield, minus the vehicles and different perspectives. So I guess you can say Ubisoft did already do this. :p

BTW, Tom Clancy was only associated with Rainbow 6, after which he said he didn't care about video games and sold his name to Ubisoft.

I enjoyed BF3 at first, but it didn't last... BC2 was the last good one... I sank hundreds of hours into BC2. BF3 only kept my attention for about 50 hours of online play, and I doubt I'll give another EA BF game a chance. Also, didn't Tom Clancy already make this game... like 5 times?

Its weird to say with all the bitching and moaning I did about bugs and balancing in BC2 but I just have way more fond moments of that than I did of BF3. I wasn't a huge fan of the first wave of maps in BF3 and I refused to give them another $60 for the rest. I don't know how to describe it. I remember BC2 being a nice cross between an arena shooter like cs with more BF strategic size maps. BF3 felt like a campfest with no punishment for campers.

I quit BF3 shortly after I spent an hour on a good team winning but being near the bottom rank. Then in the last 5 tickets it switched me to the losing team for no particular reason. It would do that weird shitty balancing constantly didn't seem to matter if I was doing good or bad. After that and ruining the Dead Space franchise I've settled into staying the fuck away from EA.

Shall we tally the number of people claiming they will not buy this based on BF4's awfulness, only to end up purchasing the season pass and renewing the yearly cycle of denial?

Shall we tally the number of people claiming they will not buy this based on BF4's awfulness, only to end up purchasing the season pass and renewing the yearly cycle of denial?

I am not one of those people.

What I see from this is yet more proof that the editing tools are likely incredibly easy to use, with a friendly UI, and that the modding community could do even better given them. Instead of that, and a healthy community to go along with it... we get the possiblities trickled out in titles like this and sometimes good maps.

That said, I haven't touched BF4, not even at a friend/relatives house, so I don't know what that game is like at all....

I'm hoping how horrible that trailer looks breaks that cycle for me. I had a horrible experience with BF4..... and 3 for that matter... Liked BC2 though.

it's visceral games ( dead space devs lol ) not DICE, video looks interesting .....

If people keep buying the crap they're producing what incentive do they have to change anything? We will get the same recycled garbage as long as they make the profits they seek at the bottom line. These "AAA" titles from the monster studios have sucked for a while now but the masses open their wallets up every time.

If people keep buying the crap they're producing what incentive do they have to change anything? We will get the same recycled garbage as long as they make the profits they seek at the bottom line. These "AAA" titles from the monster studios have sucked for a while now but the masses open their wallets up every time.

did you consider the possibility that the masses actually like what the studios are producing? why worry about what other people open their wallets for? the market will dictate itself.

The next Battlefield should be Battlefield JAG and be a courtroom drama

i thought it looks promising and its a nice change from the modern military crap we have been getting lately.

while i would of prefered something WW2 era like a proper 1942 remake.

i do enjoy police/robber set ups and it is nice to see the zip line make a return to the battlefield

while i would of prefered something WW2 era like a proper 1942 remake.

It's all cyclical. I remember when everyone was sick and tired of WW2 shooters and the modern warfare setting was a fresh, welcomed experience.

What i wouldn't give for a Vietnam game. that genre is so under utilized. Frostbite engine with napalm would be amazing.

Considering I still can't run BF4 reliably, I'll pass on buying future DICE games at launch. At one point the game wouldn't even launch.

It's all cyclical. I remember when everyone was sick and tired of WW2 shooters and the modern warfare setting was a fresh, welcomed experience.

Dice was doing it right cycling it properly but i feel EA got their hands on it and that is what screwed up the cycles.

like it was going good, WW2 -> Vietnam -> BF2 -> 2142 within a 4 year period a lot of variety.

after which we get watered down crap like Bad Company -> Heroes -> BF1943 bahaha -> BC2 -> Play4Free -> BF3 -> BF4 that is about 6 years of modern military shooters with junk filler like BF1943 which didnt even get a pc release

After the constant server crashes and botched launch of Battlefield 4, I won't ever pre-order another game from EA again. They've effectively killed the Battlefield franchise.

hmmm...that's not blowing my skirt up. i like the idea of a Battlefield spin-off that moves away from the military theme but parts of that gameplay look very generic.

That's been my opinion on a lot of recent games. Not much has been released that breaks the mold. I'd love to have a game that throws people off. Just has gameplay that makes people think, not just a mindless shooter. Something that requires skill, strategy, precision, timing, and just not a run and gun could win. Something where a speed run would always be a failure. Not super stealthy, like Thief, but a good shooter.

I gave Battlefield 4 a shot, and just couldn't get into it like I did BF3 and before. And why are they focusing on a new game when the current game they have out is still broken. Man...

What i wouldn't give for a Vietnam game. that genre is so under utilized. Frostbite engine with napalm would be amazing.

I dunno about that...between WWII and "Modern Shooters" there were quite a few Vietnam games...including Battlefield: Vietnam for that matter. Also, Vietcong comes to mind. There were a bunch of Vietnam mods for games like ArmA 2 as well.

Though I will say, I would welcome a WWII or Vietnam game with a modern engine like Frostbite 3.

Back