Battlefield 4

Seems like EA's strategy against Activision is to copy everything Activision is doing.

Lol I'm thinking that I may be EXTREMELY close to being done with gaming... I don't have much faith that the new MOH will be worth a damn and if all ea/dice want is to compete with something as washed up and shitty as COD how can we expect BF4 to be a big enuff improvement over BF3 to even give a shit?
Seriously because at this point the bf3 MOH games might as well be cod.games

Wait .. $70 for MOH? Lol.

It comes as no surprise to me. They're going to just pump them out. Maybe they'll have day one DLC "Back to Caspian". After the disappointment I had with BF3 and how it was basically an evolution of Bad Company, I could only expect this. They'll probably add the stuff people wanted in 3. I would have rather seen small side titles in-between. Like a revisioning of '42.

Its a race to the bottom, so fucking depressing. :(

Yep, will 100% not be buying premium now. (There was a 5% chance I was going to buy it :p)

There goes Battlefield as well, was nice knowing you.

Wow. Was considering snagging that premium package for BF3...

They have dudes hooked with BF3. Push out BF4 when you can't sell them guns with Dora the Explorer stickers any longer for 50 bucks.

EA announced last year that it was going to alternate the new BF and MOH releases so that one would launch each year in the same way that IW and Treyarch alternate COD releases. This isn't a revelation, but just another confirmation of how pathetic EA is.

Having said that, there has been quite a frequent rate of release for new Battlefield games since BF2.

Wow, this feels annoying on some level to me.... I just snagged BF3 Premium figuring they wouldn't do BF4 right after the packs finished coming out (now it looks like they will). Glad I snagged it on a 25% off sale for $37.50, at least.... though to be honest if it's a year from now it'll have been worth the cash many times over for the gameplay I am getting now and should get by then also. I'm having a blast with Close Quarters while mixing it up with Karkand & normal maps.... Armored Kill looks fun, etc.

EA announced last year that it was going to alternate the new BF and MOH releases so that one would launch each year in the same way that IW and Treyarch alternate COD releases. This isn't a revelation, but just another confirmation of how pathetic EA is.

Having said that, there has been quite a frequent rate of release for new Battlefield games since BF2.

I certainly expected bad company to be interposed in there rather than reskinned sequels of battlefield every 2nd year. EA is so desperate to emulate Activision that it cannot see past the $$ signs to the reality that Activision has seriously devalued some of its major brands by releasing sequels on a far too frequent basis which offer no tangible improvement over their predecessors.

Either way I'll be buying it I enjoyed the sh*t out of BF3, if you dont like it...dont buy it? I dont really get the whole complaining thing. One of the things I do love about BF is the way they come out with the games but thats only ONE thing gameplay is #1 in my book, JMO I guess. But maybe they are just referring to it as BF4 for now until they release more info, I think BC3 or 2143 still has a chance.

Last edited:
Dont think BF4 will be any different in design than Bf3 mechanics wise.
Its consol design for kids.
to many young designers at dice currently and EA runs their show.

Either way I'll be buying it I enjoyed the sh*t out of BF3, if you dont like it...dont buy it? I dont really get the whole complaining thing. One of the things I do love about BF is the way they come out with the games but thats only ONE thing gameplay is #1 in my book, JMO I guess. But maybe they are just referring to it as BF4 for now until they release more info, I think BC3 or 2143 still has a chance.

Quoted for truth.

love the comments haha

some gems:

"I can imagine the trailer already. "FROSTBITE 3 YEAH OMG YEAH!, ENHANCED MICROBIONIC MOLECULAR DESTRUCTION THAT DOESNT EXIST YEAH! MASSIVE SCALE ONLINE WARFARE (12 players on consoles) YEAH WOOH ENHANCED LIGHTING EFFECTS! FROSTBITE 3 YEAH". As the other comment said. EA are killing DICE"

"1. I don't want Battlefield 4 yet. I want Battlefield 1944

2. Fuck EA.

3. Fuck EA

4. I'll have a unicorn fuck EA

5. Fucking bull shitting EA. 2-3 years won't be enough time for a BF game!"

"NOOOOOO!! FUCK YOU EA! PLEASE DONT KILL OFF BF :''("

sigh.

And EA has the BALLS to say Steam's summer sales are ruining the business.....they can go die in a fucking fire.

Man... lots of hate going on. This isn't anything out of the ordinary for this franchise.

1942 > Vietnam - 2 years
Vietnam > BF2 - 1 year
BF2 -> 2142 - 1 year
2142 > BC1 - 2 years
BC1 > BC2 - 2 years
BC2 > BF3 - 1 year

And that does't include all the expansions and smaller games (like 1943, heroes, etc.). The gap between these games will be a solid 2 years (remember the first MOH outed BF3 beta a year before the game came out). When that was announced nobody went "WAAAAH I JUS GOT BC2!"...By the time it drops, BF3 will have had a two year run, and veteran players will have several hundred hours invested. That doesn't seem like a problem for a $60-$120 investment. For real... whats the fucking problem here?

Well I am not bitching cus of the intervals, I am bitching because of the "premium" shit and the factg that they are charging 69.99 for MOH...lol. And you KNOW they are gonna charge 69.99 for BF4....so my statement still stands...EA can die in a fucking fire.

EDIT: also the problem is that every difference version of BF it was a complete overhaul of the graphics system...you wont find that here.

Well I am not bitching cus of the intervals, I am bitching because of the "premium" shit and the factg that they are charging 69.99 for MOH...lol. And you KNOW they are gonna charge 69.99 for BF4....so my statement still stands...EA can die in a fucking fire.

EDIT: also the problem is that every difference version of BF it was a complete overhaul of the graphics system...you wont find that here.

Thats for the deluxe edition. The regular limited edition is $59.99, same as it ever was.

I have almost 300 hours in BF3 right now, loving the premium pack.

Grand total spent on the game $110 - by the time BF4 comes out I will have probably 500 hours in the game.

I think 22 CENTS per hour isn't a bad return at all. There are many other things that costs way way more and don't return near as much entertainment. (movies, women, sports, drinking) all that jazz.

I'm at work so I can't see the BF4 video - im sure its pretty awesome.

Don't worry, its not

Yeah - just on a goof I fired it up on my phone (we have shitty Verizon signal out here in the middle of nowhere Waxahachie, TX) Doesn't help I'm in a huge building inside of a building type setup where a solid data connection can't get.

Saw the video was just a blurb about it showing up on Origin if you preorder Medal of Honor.

I remember the last MOH sucking ASS, so glad I didn't pay for it. The new one? I gotta be honest I'm not really tempted at all to blow 70 dollars just to play a beta.

I remember the last MOH sucking ASS, so glad I didn't pay for it. The new one? I gotta be honest I'm not really tempted at all to blow 70 dollars just to play a beta.

That last MOH was so poor that I can't believe anyone would have any confidence about preordering the next one. They'd better get a hell of a lot more media about that game out there at the very least.

Bf3 is a hell of a solid game and I'm sure 4 will be as well but it is troubling to start seeing the "Call of Madden" concepts start being applied to these games, too.

But it'll sell, sell well, and sell big like COD still does so that's why it's going to happen whether some of us like it or not.

From a purely pragmatic business standpoint EA would be fools to not try and have that same sort of thing going for themselves.

Man... lots of hate going on. /snip

Not hating over the release date. Not hating at all really. It's just the way that EA operates that disappoints. They JUST released the premium pack for BF, then announce they will be releasing BF4 in 9 months? Which means in 9 months BF3 will be a graveyard/dead.

9 months? I don't think so more like 1 year from MOH release, thanksgiving 2013
Still it stinks, will it have client side hit detection? will it address any of these basic issues?
Cannot get excited about these games anymore really.

9 months? I don't think so more like 1 year from MOH release, thanksgiving 2013
Still it stinks, will it have client side hit detection? will it address any of these basic issues?
Cannot get excited about these games anymore really.

What games have server side hit detection?

Man... lots of hate going on. This isn't anything out of the ordinary for this franchise.

1942 > Vietnam - 2 years
Vietnam > BF2 - 1 year
BF2 -> 2142 - 1 year
2142 > BC1 - 2 years
BC1 > BC2 - 2 years
BC2 > BF3 - 1 year

And that does't include all the expansions and smaller games (like 1943, heroes, etc.). The gap between these games will be a solid 2 years (remember the first MOH outed BF3 beta a year before the game came out). When that was announced nobody went "WAAAAH I JUS GOT BC2!"...By the time it drops, BF3 will have had a two year run, and veteran players will have several hundred hours invested. That doesn't seem like a problem for a $60-$120 investment. For real... whats the fucking problem here?

Nobody cried about the announcement of BF3 because everyone was hoping it would be the "true sequel to BF2" after the glorified side-project that was Bad Company 2. My concern is how DICE can actually deliver a game that is as revolutionary in either presentation or gameplay as BF3, BF2 or the original BF in a two-year period without any spinoffs and experimental projects.

Not hating over the release date. Not hating at all really. It's just the way that EA operates that disappoints. They JUST released the premium pack for BF, then announce they will be releasing BF4 in 9 months? Which means in 9 months BF3 will be a graveyard/dead.

Where did you get 9 months? MOH came out October 12th, 2010. BF3 was October 25th, 2011. So.. a full year gap was had. The next MOH comes out October 23rd. Assuming EA follows the same pattern, we'll see BF4 next October, so you're looking at more like 15 months out... and 7 months from the release of the final BF3 expansion. Seems to me like it leaves plenty of time to get your monies worth.

I'm not sure I would want to emulate a company that is hardly marketable at the moment (no one wants to buy Activision).

Unless they are actually changing up the formula to give it a bit more depth, pass. This whole practice of buying sequels that have no substantial differences from their predecessors is for trend obsesses frat boys.

I never bought BF3 for the same reason.

I would like a link to an official statement saying Battlefield 4 will be released in 9 months, because I have not read this ANYWHERE.

DENVER YEAH!!

Anyway, whatever, so long as the game isn't as bad as cod. I am not buying premium. Probably getting just Armored Fury

I love how the same people eating this shit up are the same ones who bitch and moan about Call of Duty.

What they should have done is alternate the THREE series, if they're going to go down that road.

Year 1: MOH
Year 2: Battlefield Bad Company Series
Year 3: Battlefield Series

or drop a MOH inbetween them.

Make BFBC more the console style game (smaller squads, singleplayer, etc). Make Battlefield the more PC orientated game. Don't bother with SinglePlayer, as MOH can do that. Instead, give us bots and objective support for a co-op style game. Save you a ton of time. No new maps to develop.

The issue I see here is that BF4 is coming out before a new generation of consoles. So how exactly are they going to improve on it? We all know it will be developed console-first. If BF4 was announced as a WW2 game, I might be interested simply because I felt the '42 game required a tad more skill (no lock ons, limited assist, limited full autos, etc). Just like Desert Combat (because things were "hacked" together).

Last edited:
I actually like BFBC2 more than BF3. I'm gonna pass. Nearly everyone I know quit within a month or so and I ended having no one to play with. Which is weird because everyone was pretty hardcore into BC2 until around the time vietnam came out.

Oddly what killed it for me was not so much the gameplay as Battlelog and the menu's. I swear BC2 was actually easier to navigate and it was actually broken.

Wow, lets see uhh, 7 years inbetween bf2 and bf3 and theres only gonna be two years in between bf3 and bf4?
Well Ill buy it if it has commanders and voip.......

Back