Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Now I can't login to battlelog - keeps telling me "Problem contacting EA online try again in a little while"

WTF

I miss that map in BC2 with the foliage and the hill, used to play that 24/7, new caspian looks like it with the new colors.

Isla Inocentes! love that map. i agree the new fall setting for Caspian reminds me a lot of BC2's Isla Inocentes.

Isla Inocentes! love that map. i agree the new fall setting for Caspian reminds me a lot of BC2's Isla Inocentes.

That map was so FUN as sniper calling in air strikes and whipping c4 at tanks, Bc2 had its reg issues at times but that game was hella fun.

any deals going on for premium? in the $40/under price range?

found it on sale close enough..

premium for $42.50
http://www.gameholds.com/battlefield-4-premium-service.html

just ordered it lets see how long it takes for them to send me the key heh

edit- so just a heads up on this place if you use paypal they do ask for photo id to make sure its legit and not a scam using someone elses paypal account. you can block everything out on the photo id except exp. date/name/address. i just sent in the pic a few minutes ago so still waiting on my bf4 premium key.

Last edited:
greenmangaming has it pretty regularly for 37.50 with thier standard 20% off coupon code.

Anybody get smaa working on x64 .exe with good quality? fxaa is blur, msaa is too much performance hit, but smaa is perfect. I honestly like it more than msaa as it hits everything with almost no blur at all. I know running the x86 exe works with smaa injector but am I losing anything by not using the x64 exe?

I've underestimated how difficult it is to get kill assists. I'm just running around like a moronic chimp popping single shots into people. I'm not succeeding. This is not easy.

I've underestimated how difficult it is to get kill assists. I'm just running around like a moronic chimp popping single shots into people. I'm not succeeding. This is not easy.

I did it by using a carbine as an assault. Spam medkits, spray bullets at anyone within 25 meters, and your team will converge and do the rest. You basically want to create a nice little camp site for your team, preferably on the upper floor at B.

Anyway, just finished the Gulf of Oman-related assignment. I don't care too much about sniping so I'll skip the Gol Magnum assignment. Time to give these Second Assault weapons some accessories. It's nice that BF4's assignments are actually realistic for the most part, as opposed to BF3's—hey, drop out of a plane in a LAV and land directly on an enemy!

How accurate is the M60? Played obliteration on Operation Metro and their top player went 57-14 using it. Whenever he killed me, about 4 times, he was standing and a good distance away while moving.

I used a shotgun from a distance on a 32-player map to wound opponents and let my team finish them off.

Oman, Caspian, and Firestorm are putting hurting on my 290X at 1440p.

Ouch. I was never maxing the game though I could play a mix of high and ultra with fxaa at a steady 60. Now turning down the settings in grassy fields still hits 45fps and stuff. Other maps run sweet though.

I did it by using a carbine as an assault. Spam medkits, spray bullets at anyone within 25 meters, and your team will converge and do the rest. You basically want to create a nice little camp site for your team, preferably on the upper floor at B.

I got mine by using the scout elite. Just get a body shot on someone from range and move on. The assist usually pops up right after :p

Did everyone get their free sidearms and DMR unlocks from EA? Just reminding people. :)

I had a serious first world problem going on trying to unlock the f2000

No matter what I tried I kept actually killing people instead of injuring and getting an assist. It took forever and I finally got it but it was kinda funny seeing <me> has killed 3 people with LVG and thinking NOOOOOOOO DON'T DIE!!!

You all enjoying this game more than bf3? I enjoyed bfbc2 a lot more than 3. Probably because I'm more into non objective based games and also not into the vehicles so much.

forgot about premium battle packs... 17 battle packs to open 5 gold, 2 bronze and 10 premium sitting there to be opened heh

You all enjoying this game more than bf3? I enjoyed bfbc2 a lot more than 3. Probably because I'm more into non objective based games and also not into the vehicles so much.

i dont hardly use vehicles at all my best vehicle is the EOD bot at 149 kills and i have 359hours played, and its almost all conquest large time. i dont play other game modes.

Last edited:
I had a serious first world problem going on trying to unlock the f2000

No matter what I tried I kept actually killing people instead of injuring and getting an assist. It took forever and I finally got it but it was kinda funny seeing <me> has killed 3 people with LVG and thinking NOOOOOOOO DON'T DIE!!!

Dude me too, I freakin' HATE Metro so I went into a smaller server and kept killing people instead of wounding them.

I then went into the dreaded 64 player server, spawned in as support and just spammed nades and my LMG like the rest of the noobs, I had 20 kills and 15 assists in 10 minutes.

I LOVE the F2000, it's fun as hell and pretty balanced right out the gate.

Youll like BF4 then because they've made infantry super soldiers now, with low difficulty point&click launchers for every type of vehicle threat. Essentially, the effort and skill required to be effective in vehicles now is far far greater than the effort and skill required to counter them while on foot.

Your last sentence indicates you really shouldn't be playing Battlefield at all.

Youll like BF4 then because they've made infantry super soldiers now, with low difficulty point&click launchers for every type of vehicle threat. Essentially, the effort and skill required to be effective in vehicles now is far far greater than the effort and skill required to counter them while on foot.

You must really like armor - Tanks are so overpowered it's not funny. It takes no skill to sit in one and launch instant death towards hordes of infantry who die with one shot.

Meanwhile it takes 3 soldiers at the same time to be able to quickly eliminate a tank.

I'd have to STRONGLY disagree with that. A tank and an LAV are devastating on vehicles. The only way infantry will win against a tank is if there are many spamming RPGs at them, or if you're lucky enough to catch a tank without a gunner and plant some C4 on them.

A good tank player will DOMINATE a map and the only time you're in real danger is if you drive inside a building with 10 infantry, of course you'll get blown in up 5 seconds.

i'm with you guys. tanks are tough to take down as infantry, and when i'm in a tank i wreak havoc. and i'm pretty mediocre in a tank compared to most.

Its called teamwork. Its really not that hard to take out a take when multiple infantry work together. 1 person should not be able to take out a tank without extreme skill/luck.

Your last sentence indicates you really shouldn't be playing Battlefield at all.

I am the same way, but I somewhat agree.

Obliteration is 5 people playing the bomb and the rest playing TDM except for the rare good match where it seems everyone knows there is an objective.

Domination isn't bad, but some maps turn into campfests where the people camping aren't even defending the flags. Some maps are better than others, but that is the case with everything.

I don't bother with CQ or CQ large most of the time, because I have the worst luck with drivers. As soon as I hop in a boat, the driver parks it under fire. If I hop in a tank as the gunner, he is camped and firing distant shots without planning on moving. I don't even bother with helicopters anymore since they seem to explode instantly when I do.

Capture the flag on Metro kind of sucked, but I haven't tried the other maps yet.

Rush I usually can't stand. I never have a good back and forth match. It is always one side just destroying the other. I don't feel any of these maps were designed with Rush in mind.

Origin is having a 50% off BF4 sale, so $29.99 for download. i haven't kept up with prices but seems like a good deal.

I don't even bother with helicopters anymore since they seem to explode instantly when I do.

I rarely fly. I don't play often enough to develop the skill necessary to remain competitive.

However, I did get really lucky during one round last night. I was playing Conquest Classic on Golmud Railway. As one of the first ones in the map (I love my new SSD!) I decided "What the hell?" and jumped in a scout chopper and try to cap a couple points.

Surprisingly, I got three or four aerial captures before I screwed up around some radio towers and crashed. It was pretty exciting. I think I was only attacked with missiles once?

The lesson? Flying helicopters can be a lot of fun for amateurs, too.

...if no one is shooting at you :)

The lesson? Flying helicopters can be a lot of fun for amateurs, too.

...if no one is shooting at you :)
Which is why the practice range is one of the most valuable additions to the battlefield series.

I taught myself the finesse you have to use with the little bird's throttle on the practice range. Constantly up and down. After a half hour of buzzing the building on the practice range I could run circles around it while keeping my crosshair precisely where I wanted to aim. I could strafe one floor, multiple floors, or even hit individual windows without slowing down or stopping my orbit around the building.

Which is why the practice range is one of the most valuable additions to the battlefield series.

I completely agree. It was quite frustrating in BF3 to track down empty servers to practice with vehicles, only to be joined by a single opposing player that just wanted to piss in your pudding.

From vehicle handling to weapon familiarization, the test range is a valuable tool and worth the time if you really want to get a handle on your equipment before going 'live.'

I've yet to master flying a helicopter. I can fly planes no problem though.

I haven't really spent much time with trying to fly though so maybe that's the reason. The test range is a nice added feature to test your skills with the different vehicles. For now I always prefer to hop in a tank. At least in a tank if its gonna blow up you can bail out with out dying, doing this in a plane or chopper is challenging.

there's a good chance i will never unlock the GOL because a) i hate sniping and b) everyone is looking at the towers. other than that the F2000, M60, and DAO are great.

there's a good chance i will never unlock the GOL because a) i hate sniping and b) everyone is looking at the towers. other than that the F2000, M60, and DAO are great.

you can do it in an empty server with a couple friends

i appreciate the tip but I'm good keeping on. If I can't unlock it through my own efforts I don't want it :D

I'm finding it increasingly more difficult to defense this game anymore.

Tried playing today. 4 different times, 4 different servers. 3 of them froze and did the sound loop after spawning for the first time. Fucking hell DICE.

Thats why i moved from pc to console. Less shit to deal with. The thing that pisses me off is that it take forever to load a map. And i dont plan on spending another 300 dollars on ssd while all my other games loaded fine.

Back