Battlefield 4 Game (PC Digital Download) Pre-Order $47.99

same here.

$25 will get you 1/4 of the content. The other 3/4 will cost $60+ dollars.

I'm done with EA games.

But to those that like the franchise this is good for them. Enjoy

I will try to skip this after BF3 but considering I dont currently have a MP fps game who knows, I might buy it.

I noticed that the majority of us that aren't getting BF4 or think it's crap have been members for a long time, while the ones defending it saying how great it is and being frantic fanboys are much newer.... Correlation? Perhaps they are still in their kiddie stage and quality doesn't matter.

Dude, I've been playing battlefield since its inception and every new release comes with endless bitching. This is nothing new. You guys are like all my ex girlfriends. Impossible to please, you say you want something then bitch about it. If its removed, then bitch about how the last one was better. But then 2-3 years later you'll look fondly in these games and start complaining about how battlefield 6 should be more like bf3. Oh well - new guys should ignore the jaded old timers.

BF3 was awesome. I played it much more than any other in the series, particularly due to the periodic DLC they released.

Still wont preorder until right before release though :)

Seeing how I am getting BF4, your logic is crap.

Seeing as I didn't say 'every member that has been here a long time will not get BF4' - I fail to see how my logic is crap. Perhaps it's just members who don't have the attention span of a small child with ADD and would like to think while gaming.

OR, it could just be that you live in your mom's basement. ;) SMILEY WINKY FACE

$25 will get you 1/4 of the content. The other 3/4 will cost $60+ dollars.

I'm done with EA games.

But to those that like the franchise this is good for them. Enjoy

thats fine, all the dlc for bf3 is junk anyway as far as I am concerned, wasted my money.
I'll pay maybe $20-$25 for base game put a couple hundred hours into it anyway and then move on lol

Seeing as I didn't say 'every member that has been here a long time will not get BF4' - I fail to see how my logic is crap. Perhaps it's just members who don't have the attention span of a small child with ADD and would like to think while gaming.

I don't see how you think it's accurate to say you must be a child with ADD to enjoy BF, when in reality, most little kids play CoD. Perhaps you're confused?

It seems most people that hate on BF are the one that suck at it. :D

I'm detecting the MoH: Warfighter stink on this one already. It is coming out too soon after BF3, it is already getting panned in the press, and it looks like a desperation move to have the BF series save EA which is struggling with relevance.

also why is $60 the new price point for like every AAA game since 2012? this is dildos

Considering NES/SNES games cost about $50-$60 when they first came out (if i'm remembering correctly), I really can't complain. If anything, videogames got a lot cheaper for a while there, and now, they are just back to where they used to be... but we are getting a WHOLE LOT MORE whether you like to believe it or not.

Considering NES/SNES games cost about $50-$60 when they first came out (if i'm remembering correctly), I really can't complain. If anything, videogames got a lot cheaper for a while there, and now, they are just back to where they used to be... but we are getting a WHOLE LOT MORE whether you like to believe it or not.

Now that you mention it, FPS' s are like corridor sidescrollers of yesteryear. You're funneled into where you're supposed to go.

It is COD garbage, it's EA garbage.

Battlefield 2 was nowhere near as arcade-like. Oh - and no mods, so again - shit.

Not to mention Battlefield '4' looks like Battlefield 3.1, let's just slap a 4 on it and sell it as a new game, even though it's essentially an expansion.

This guy mad other people are happy with something he didn't like.

Eh only reason I won't buy at launch is the way they handled the map packs....ummm I mean DLC:rolleyes: I bought the game couple months later they had Ultra Awesome Edition with all the DLC included.. Now I'll hang tight and wait for the Ultra Amazing Edition BF4 with all the DLC.

Dude, I've been playing battlefield since its inception and every new release comes with endless bitching. This is nothing new. You guys are like all my ex girlfriends. Impossible to please, you say you want something then bitch about it. If its removed, then bitch about how the last one was better. But then 2-3 years later you'll look fondly in these games and start complaining about how battlefield 6 should be more like bf3. Oh well - new guys should ignore the jaded old timers.

BF3 was awesome. I played it much more than any other in the series, particularly due to the periodic DLC they released.

Still wont preorder until right before release though :)

Actually the only real couple of games since BF1942, well 1 I liked and didn't play long was BF2. And if I am correct the only reason 2 was any good was they took part of the Team from the Desert Combat mod for 1942.

Ever since then their "hit detection" has been shit, period. Pay attention when you get shot 10 feet around a corner. Nothing worse than shooting someone point blank in the face with a shotty/44 magnum they live, no damage and your dead. That pisses anyone off and they have never fixed it. The coding has been done for consoles. Those are facts. Not opinion. I can go on right now, shoot someone in the face point blank, only 60% damage and I am dead. Or Ziba Tower, run downstairs, turn corner, die from shot upstairs. Hey man, cause you want to except that as ok doesn't mean the rest of us buying the games BF3 Limited Edition for $59 then have to pay for another premium for the expansions and bullshit "fluff" is ok. Thats Fleecing the gaming community. Oh and what did I get for the Limited Edition??? A fuckin pistol?? Really???

Best thing anyone can do is not buy this lightly upgraded version of BF3, and just let them eat it this time around. Let the little console kiddies have their BF4 game.

Seeing as how this would "cost" about the equivalent of ~2-3 hours of working for most of us yet give many hundreds of hours of entertainment, I don't see what all the fuss is about. Honestly I think I spend more than this on coffee every month.

If the cost isn't justified for you, don't buy it.

I'll buy it because I loved BF3 so much, I didn't play any of the other Battlefields, only 1942 or whatever when they re released it on the Xbox 360 when I was a console gamer. BF3 was a fantastic PC game with Full Eyefinity support, the only reason I bought another 7970 was for this game. I didn't have much to compare it to except COD. But I think if a game makes you happy, who cares what others think about it. COD may be easy, infact My uncle who sucks at every FPS and video game ever is Great at COD, it makes him happy. I tell him keep playing. People need to stop hating on what others love just because they think they are too good for it.

People are pissed bc the developer COULD make the right adjustments and fixes to the game. Fixes which we have been asking about for YEARS and they just don't. Otherwise, it is a good game for casual fun. Do not take it seriously.

I bought the game and premium for a total cost of about $80.

Between the Alpha, Beta, Final, and DLC after I finally stop playing I figure I'll have spent about 400 hours playing BF3, I think $80 for 400 hours of gameplay is pretty fair.

A movie is $10+ for 90-120 mins.

That being said, I hope a lot of the gripes with BF3 are addressed in BF4.

Why would you buy any game made my EA? According to a recent poll EA is the worst company in America, it's all over the internet. And you guys want to give them more money? Wow, they might even go out of business before BF4 is released, taking your $47.99 with them.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?cs=bz&p=Worst Company in America poll &fr=fp-tts-900&fr2=ps

I haven't been here many years I admit, but this has to be one of the dumbest posts I think I've read on this board.

I hate EA so much I think I'll be passing on BF4. They're just going to release a partially finished game, then a dozen "addons" that end up making it a full game. Fuck that. I want it all for my $60.

They could hire a sexy EA skank to blow me as part of the pre-order deal, and I still wouldn't pre-order.

Giving a company an interest free loan for 6 months is stupid IMO. All for a product you know nothing about, and could just be another repeat of SimCity (take a big name, and whore it out some more, on a service/platform that's not prepared to handle the amount of people who paid for it)

Since most of the world is slowly going to digital distribution -- what exactly is the advantage of giving them 40-60 dollars to hold onto for 6 months? It's a digital copy, there will be no supply issues. It will still unlock on the same day whether you preorder or not. They threw in the promise of some shiny trinkets (that cost them nothing), that's the only thing you get out of the fact you just gave them an interest free loan.

EA has proven time and time again they dont' give a crap what you think, or about any problems that exist in their software. For that they can piss up a rope.

Giving a company an interest free loan for 6 months is stupid IMO.

yes, giving them $60 later is MUCH BETTER than giving them $47 now...:rolleyes: If someone has full intentions of buying the game then this is a deal for them, and if they don't why the fuck are they in here crapping the thread?

yes, giving them $60 later is MUCH BETTER than giving them $47 now...:rolleyes: If someone has full intentions of buying the game then this is a deal for them, and if they don't why the fuck are they in here crapping the thread?

Yep, people tend to be pretty shortsighted... seems like an epidemic lately.

Trying to preorder as we speak but it says my account is locked for some reason. Now I've submitted a ticket. Hopefully they will get me up and going especially since I want to buy two copies.(one for me and one for the wife.)

Should read: If you want this game to have horrible content: Please pre-order.

If you pre-order, they don't have to do anything to attract your money/business; they already have it and can release any crap game they want and you are SOL.

SEND THEM A MESSAGE: If your game sucks, you can EAT IT along with all the development costs.

If you want this game to fail, don't preorder the game.

no origin, no way

EA can bite dicks

Origin was the reason I didn't buy BF3...!

Funnily enough, I bought ARMA 3 soon after it was available.

I wonder why... :D.

The day they get sell the the BF series on Steam I will buy... until then... choke on weenies EA.

I disagree. I think people are finally wising up to this pre-purchase scheme.

What is there to "wise up" to? You can pay $45 or so now, or pay MORE later... if you don't need the cash handy for something else, it's a better deal.

Origin was the reason I didn't buy BF3...!

Funnily enough, I bought ARMA 3 soon after it was available.

I wonder why... :D.

The day they get sell the the BF series on Steam I will buy... until then... choke on weenies EA.

Humorous... I remember people used to complain about having DRM at all, especially Steam. Now you guys beg for it? :rolleyes:

I actually vastly prefer Origin to Steam... it's smaller, leaner, launches my games, has a nice cover art view, and gets out of my way quickly and easily.

Re: Battlelog, I love it... a web browser window is a LOT more responsive than any server browser in-game I have ever used on any title. Add in niceties like changing your loadouts quickly and easily, queueing on a server while keeping your desktop open, etc. and it's a winner.

The amount of time you waste bitching about BF3 on this forum is very amusing. I would be very interested at seeing your battlelog profile to see just how much time you've sunk into something you clearly hate.

What is there to "wise up" to? You can pay $45 or so now, or pay MORE later... if you don't need the cash handy for something else, it's a better deal.

Point being missed is these "deals" will be around all the way until release. So what's the rush? Anyone in a hurry throw money at EA and give them a collective interest free loan is a little naive.

Back