Battlefield 4 Beta Discussion

Pretty sure i am. Also 2gb for 4xmsaa at ultra is a no go. Textures swapping loading madness, max is 2xmsaa for ultra at 1080p. Iam not a competive gamer so anything between 30 and 60 fps and i am happy. Didnt experience one of the building crashing yet, came in a server and it was already down (concrete dust everywhere was cool)

Played beta for about 15 minutes this morning, it was pretty fun.. looked good, ran great on my 7950. I'll have to give it some more time tonight when I get home. First impressions are positive.

Yeah the load is across all of them, it has very good CPU usage. I dare say anyone running under Sandy might start hitting the ceiling.

Tbh, anyone under a six core will be pegged very high. Imo Intel quads should keep up easy with Amds best. Intel Hex are where its at right now, several in game I've already played with that have 39x0 Hex cores are saying they have great fps, "never" dipping low for what its worth.
I'd like to here what experience Skt 2011 players are having on here!

Those AMD "budget" rigs seem to be making others realize AMD still sucks.

Played this morning before work, it ran flawlessly on my 3930K - 16GB 1866 Platinum - SLI GTX Titans with 331.40 Beta drivers at 2560 x 1440. I cranked everything up to Ultra w/ 4xMSAA and saw anywhere from 60 to 100 fps in FRAPS. I'll tweak it later, saw something about an SMAA injector that I know nothing about.

Loving the game!!!!

Plays fine on my rig below. Max settings. Have to say it doesn't look much better than BF3.

Well, so far I've been enjoying it. Performance has been rock solid @ max settings on my sig rig.

I've noticed a few odds and ends here and there...how somethings are destructible but then the exact same thing somewhere else isn't (like the big TV screens and columns, etc).

Also the ground textures past the zone that can be walked (e.g. can only be seen in the helicopter) are pretty weak sauce.

I don't know...I can say that single player definitely looks more graphically intense and would appear to be the real engine show off than the multiplayer. The water effects are amazing though...actual real ripples and stuff when you're swimming...quite stunning to say the least.

Other than that I can't help but feel more "BF3.5" than "BF4", ya know? Can't say with certainty that this is a day 1 purchase for me like BF3 was. Kinda burned out on BF3 and can't really find a compelling reason to pick this up.

Everything maxed out in-game.

7UjNh2c.jpg

I'm enjoying it so far, but it I think my CPU is holding me back. With 8 logical cores, windows is showing 60-80% utilization. Max out when the tower is collapsing and I hit 20 fps, lol. 32 players map feels much better in terms of performance, 64 player is really pushing the limits of my CPU I think.

Wished I had the cash to upgrade now :(

BF3 took advantage of more cores and threads, BF4 even more. So a 6 core or 8 core CPU will benefit this game, especially online.

Ok, played it for about 90 minutes before work.

Good:

1. Squad communication - This stuff is awesome.

In the last round, I became the squad leader (I don't know how or why). so the guys in my squad asked me for orders over voice (damn awesome) - I told them to attack C, and once we captured it, gave an order to attack B. As they jumped off the roof top, a few bad guys came up the elevator, I killed one of them but the others got me. I told this to my squad (again over voice), and they all rode the elevator back up and cleaned up the bad guys. I spawned on them and we captured C again. Its fantastic.

2. The ability to select spawn points on the map

Except BF3, I think all other BF games had this. I am glad it came back in BF4.

3. Two scopes for long range and close range encounters

As far as I know, no other BF game had this. I thought it was really awesome they did this in MoH:Warfighter.

4. A better view of the situation when selecting a squad mate before spawning

BF3 was terrible at showing the situation around a squad mate. Everything was covered in the awful blue filter. Here, its possible to get a good idea because the filter is gone.

5. They nerfed the sun!

This is such a relief. I got a screenshot of the sun from a building rooftop, and it was no where near as annoying as BF3.

6. Lock on targets with RPG.

I think this is a good thing, I have a feeling others may not like it as much.

7. Runs very smoothly

Bad

Here are some of the bad things I encountered. I understand its the beta.

- Tanks seem underpowered against infantry

I swear I shot a guy in the face and he didn’t just ran away. I got the hit marker but no kill. I didn’t spend a lot of time in tanks, so I could be wrong.

Anyone having their game crashing?

I've got a couple crashes within an hour.

Anyone having their game crashing?

I've got a couple crashes within an hour.

I had a similar instance where I was playing on a 64 man server, Assault Large type mode, jumped off the sky scraper. I landed safely, two of my squad dudes spawned on me and then the game crashed to desktop and window popped up BF4 crashed etc.

Peeps on reddit have been reporting that jumping off the building and landing makes the game crash?

P.S. Using the latest Beta drivers released yesterday.

P4rD0nM3 -- May I ask what overlay program you are using? Afterburner doesn't work for Bf4 beta and I'd like to have a program that will show me in game the same information you have in your screen cap.

naticus: What do you mean by the game doesn't like your overclock? I've got an i7 2600k 3.4 overclocked to 4.2. Could this cause me problems? Does the game somehow break if you have an overclock? Despite dual 7970s, I get terribly choppy framerates, huge video lag and drop spikes, my performance difference is nil on medium ultra or high, all the same pretty much. And Crossfire off performs just as well as crossfire on. Perhaps even a bit smoother with crossfire OFF

Played this morning before work, it ran flawlessly on my 3930K - 16GB 1866 Platinum - SLI GTX Titans with 331.40 Beta drivers at 2560 x 1440

You don't say, id have expected it to crawl along at 5fps on that rig. :eek:

I am surprised that people are having performance issues.

The runs very smoothly on my wife's laptop as well as my desktop. Could it be there is an issue with ATI? We are both using nvidia cards.

naticus: What do you mean by the game doesn't like your overclock? I've got an i7 2600k 3.4 overclocked to 4.2. Could this cause me problems? Does the game somehow break if you have an overclock? Despite dual 7970s, I get terribly choppy framerates, huge video lag and drop spikes, my performance difference is nil on medium ultra or high, all the same pretty much. And Crossfire off performs just as well as crossfire on. Perhaps even a bit smoother with crossfire OFF

You try these drivers?

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1783544

Just got done playing my second round. Solid game. Graphics are improved for one fact alone: no more blue tint. Everything is a lot clearer.

·PitBuLL·;1040240353 said:
Just got done playing my second round. Solid game. Graphics are improved for one fact alone: no more blue tint. Everything is a lot clearer.

also, no more sun like in BF3.

The network smoothing factor worries me.

Can't even download it. No support on the forums. Not hearing much besides marginal BF3 improvement. Probably going to cancel my pre-order. Wait time is like 3 hours on Origin support so will just charge back my CC.

It just means his overclock is unstable not the games fault. I have no issues with my overclock.

Send a tweet to BF, they are pretty quick to respond about issues like this.

My wife is just a BF3 premium member, and she is able to access the beta fine.

I just DxTory to get screenshots. I didn't know there was an inbuilt screenshot function.

Try the free version of Fraps.

BF4 doesn't seem to like fraps. It sometimes crashes when i hit the record button.

Anyway, here's one of the attempts that actually managed to record. Right up until i got a harddrive full warning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeofVwmwbH0

I really hope they fix the Q bug. I had to use WERD instead of QWES because i couldn't re-assign the spot button.

I really hope they fix the Q bug. I had to use WERD instead of QWES because i couldn't re-assign the spot button.

what's the Q bug? Q button not registering when pressed?

Is the in-game UI laggy to anyone else? The gameplay itself is fine, but in the UI it feels like I have terrible input lag (v-sync is off)

what's the Q bug? Q button not registering when pressed?

The opposite, the Q is permanently assigned to spotting so you can't assign it to something else. You probably normally use WASD, i use QWES, my straffe left brings up the spot menu .

The same thing happened during BF3 beta and it was long time before they fixed it.

Got excited to fire up a game before work. My first spawn was outside the map too far away to run back to action... Great first experience.

Game continually crashed after about 5 minutes of play time on my sig rig. Took out a stick of ram and it hasn't crashed since. Will need to look into it a bit further after work.

Playing at 2560x1440, the graphics look better in BF3 (sharper textures and text was sized nice and small so it looked nice). The text is so enlarged and textures are blurry in the beta... doesn't look 2560x1440 friendly. Hope the graphics are better in the final version.

First spawn I had was behind an enemy solider, it kept happening throughout the game.

game seems to be unfinished, and something, I don't know exactly what, puts me off of it, aside from its many problems.

will buy once its patched with expansions for $30.

I just played for about 20 minutes or so and had no problems. Was scared that playing on a 1600p 30in monitor would be a problem but put everything on high and it seems fine. Would love to know how many fps (how do I see that?) but I guess around 45 which is ok (I will be upgrading my 670 soon).

The game felt better than before the bf3 netcode pissed me of but if felt fine this time around, maybe im crazy.

i suck at the game and am average at best but I had a first good experience. Pre loaded the game 2 days ago and it just launched into a 64 ppl server no problem

Back