Battlefield 4 Beta Discussion

PatchRowcester

Limp Gawd
I posted the same thread on PC Gamer, and I figured I'll do the same here.

I have pre loaded beta, and I will play it the moment is becomes available. I will be posting my comments, screenshots and videos here. If any of you guys are going to play the beta, it would be great if you could post your (mis)adventures here.

Quick note about images - upload them on imgur, and post the small version of the image here, and link to the full version - just makes scrolling a lot easier for those who are reading this on a laptop or a tablet. Also, don't use these forums to promote your YouTube gaming channel. People don't usually like that. If you have something nice to share, do so.

Other than that, super excited for it.

I'm just hopeful that the lag gets addressed because the ping balancing that they did in BF3 was horrible.

If the game doesn't have too sun, I know I will enjoy it.

BF3 made some very questionable aesthetic choices. They kind of rectified it in the later expansions (not the sun part - that got worse), but Sharqui Peninsula, Wake Island and Strike at Karkand could have used some color. They were beautiful maps, but they messed it up with the stupid color scheme.

GxKTu9ll.jpg

that was yesterday. The beta is now loaded. Does anyone know what time its going to go live?

BPVfk7y.png

That's what it shows on origin. Though I have no idea if that is eastern or pacific time.

It said Oct 1, for beta release date, within Origin, didnt specify an exact time, I assume it to be Midnight.

It said Oct 1, for beta release date, within Origin, didnt specify an exact time, I assume it to be Midnight.

They did post an exact time, 3:00AM PST which is 12:00AM EST.

Well, if beta is going to be available at 2AM CST, then I guess I will have to wait until the end of tomorrow to start playing it.

I have enough vacation left, but I don't want to take a day off to play BF4 :p

Man, that sucks.

OK Origin sais it starts in 4 hours for me. What the hell am i ganna do till then?

Preloading now. 30 min left. Looking forward to this! No other game gets me quite as excited as a new BF.

it looks like no obliteration servers are up Does anyone know if we will get to play this in the beta ever? Seems like a pretty fun take on capture the flag/ rush.

I'm in game as well, with my rig it feels...choppy? Settings on high. Not sure if its weak scaling as I don't feel like leaving server. Back to game!
Imo, netcode seems to need a TON of work.

Well they haven't updated the Post AA, still looks as awful as ever.

First impressions:

- Game runs flawless all MAX (ultra 4xaa deferred) @1080p .

- gameplay,movement is MUCH faster and smoother.

- AA is still craptastic.

- I love the speed of the game so far. I am a CS/TF2/Cod4 player and I am loving the twitch aiming in BF4, so much better than sluggish BF3. I don't think the old foggies who sit in a corner/bush are going to like this iteration of BF.

SMAA injector works, infinitely better than whatever shader solution they use. The CPU usage is excellent, using up to around 75% of my sig across all the cores. Game features the same sort of dynamic GPU memory streaming that they had last time so I'm sitting around 2gb usage, can see the occasional hitch where something has to swap in but nothing serious. The general stutter that you seem to get in BF3 appears to have been sorted so far so the game play is a lot more smooth. There's an option for dynamic resolution scaling which can be set to bellow 100% for down scaling or above 100% for SSAA (just a slider which I'm quite chuffed about).

Lighting changes are noticeable but they game doesn't look you know... a whole lot better than BF3. None the less it is pushing my machine a little harder in the GPU usage department (around 70-85% on average).

I can't believe this thing has the Q bug too!

Will also mention that 64-bit is in full play here, creeping up to near 7GB of memory usage in game.

- I love the speed of the game so far. I am a CS/TF2/Cod4 player and I am loving the twitch aiming in BF4, so much better than sluggish BF3. I don't think the old foggies who sit in a corner/bush are going to like this iteration of BF.

Call of Battlefield: Fourth Edition?

BF4 runs really smooth on my rig. Server lag hits every so often though. Hope they fix that for when I wake up later.

Cpu usage near 95% with my older i5, use about 6gig of ram total (os win8 loaded), my 2gb video ram not enought for 4xmsaa lol so i use 2x. Nice fps for my 660ti,i am impress

Hey for anyone wondering what the console command for onscreen fps is, perfoverlay.drawfps 1
Also an average of 40-60 fps on mostly medium-low. Sli seems broken for me with latest drivers.
Cpu usage about 90+% as well, and both 660s showing 99% usage as well.
But it's FUN!

Hey for anyone wondering what the console command for onscreen fps is, perfoverlay.drawfps 1
Also an average of 40-60 fps on mostly medium-low. Sli seems broken for me with latest drivers.
Cpu usage about 90+% as well, and both 660s showing 99% usage as well.
But it's FUN!

Anybody know the console command for unbinding a key?

Meh, just ok. Making me kind of want to load up BF3 again.

CPU usage is pegged at 100% on all 4 of my cores all the time. Finally an excuse to upgrade!

Meh, just ok. Making me kind of want to load up BF3 again.

CPU usage is pegged at 100% on all 4 of my cores all the time. Finally an excuse to upgrade!

Anyone with a ht cpu or a amd 6 core out there can check if it use more of them?

Anyone with a ht cpu or a amd 6 core out there can check if it use more of them?

Yeah the load is across all of them, it has very good CPU usage. I dare say anyone running under Sandy might start hitting the ceiling.

The controls seem a lot more refined than BF3, I'm play a lot more consistently than I ever did in the previous game.

Back