AMD Catalyst 13.10 Beta V2

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD just sent word that the new Catalyst 13.10 Beta V2 drivers are out now for Windows and Linux. AMD Catalyst 13.10 Beta V2 for Windows includes:

• 32-bit single GPU and CrossFire game profile for Battlefield 4
  • Total War: Rome 2 CrossFire profile update
  • CrossFire frame pacing improvements for CPU-bound applications
  • Resolves image corruption seen in Autodesk Investor 2014
  • Resolves intermittent black screen when resuming from a S3/S4 sleep state if the display is unplugged during the sleep state on systems supporting AMD Enduro Technology
Updated AMD Enduro Technology application profiles. Profile highlights:
  • Total War: Rome 2
  • Battlefield 4
  • Saints Row 4
  • Splinter Cell Blacklist
  • FIFA 14

32-bit BF4 profile? the beta is 64bit

Yeah that seems kind of odd. Does the bit-ness matter as far as game profiles? Seems kind of silly to release a driver for BF4 beta that can't even use it. Maybe it's a typo.

CrossFire frame pacing improvements for CPU-bound applications

Now when I play CS:GO my second card keeps a consistent usage percentage at around 60% with occasional 100% spikes. CS:GO is definitely cpu limited and it does feel smoother now compared to when GPU2 load would fluctuate as much as GPU1. Very cool!

Frame Pacing still broken on my Radeon 6850-CFX set up, but works really nice on my Radeon 7930-CFX set up. Curious, I benched my Radeon 6850-CFX vs a Single Radeon 7850, and while the 6850-CFX scored higher in 3DMark(by over 1,000 marks) the single 7850 looks SOOO much smoother. Please AMD support your older products, else I question support for your products in the future. For comparison my GTX 460-SLI set up is Smooth as silk and together scores close to a single 7930 while being smooth as ice. So nVidia can support smooth multi-card support for FOUR generations of cards while AMD struggles with getting it working well on the latest generation, giving a middle finger to us Radeon 5xxx, 6xxx series card owners in the process. Please get your act together AMD, I love the 7 series, but support your older products.

Does it really say Autodesk Investor? I hope that didn't come from AMD's site lol.

Why the hell do I always get this laggy desktop mouse with any other driver than 13.8? I ran AMD uninstal utility, reboot, ccleaner, install 13.10b2,reboot. The mouse is like it is at a lower FPS than the rest of my desktop. It drives me bat shit crazy.

Anyone else have this issue? Or know of a fix? Or cause?

Why the hell do I always get this laggy desktop mouse with any other driver than 13.8? I ran AMD uninstal utility, reboot, ccleaner, install 13.10b2,reboot. The mouse is like it is at a lower FPS than the rest of my desktop. It drives me bat shit crazy.

Anyone else have this issue? Or know of a fix? Or cause?

I heard about this. Also heard it was fixed. Time for a reformat! :p:p

This driver makes the mouse lag on desktop. This driver also does not allow me to run my 5 monitors at 144Hz on desktop or in BF4.... BF4 though on the other hand this driver works really really well. 10 times better than 13.9 :-/

It dosen't surport Vista 64Bit so i guess i'm SOL . will try 13.4 with the beta and see how it does.

This driver makes the mouse lag on desktop. This driver also does not allow me to run my 5 monitors at 144Hz on desktop or in BF4.... BF4 though on the other hand this driver works really really well. 10 times better than 13.9 :-/

Is there any fix for the cursor mouse lag on desktop? I googled my ass off trying to find one to no end. Their has to be a registry tweak, line of code, sacrifice to a God, something that will fix this shit.

driver is a huge improvement over 13.9 in BF4 beta...

my only issue right now is I want to run my 7970's in crossfire full time, but also retain my dual display 2560x1440 @ 96Hz monitors when I'm not gaming.

Seems when I activate crossfire at the desktop, I can't adjust the custom refresh rate on my 2nd monitor.

One monitor is via dual link DVI, the other is via HDMI converted to DVI. (in crossfire you have to have all monitors coming off the primary card) Kinda stumped will work on it more the next few days.

Anyone else having trouble trying to download the drivers from there site I always get a can't connect to site when I click on link on AMDs' webpage none of the link on there page seem to be working for me. Tried last night to get them and again this morning still a no go ?

Running these with cards in sig. Just jumped back into xfire after ditching my 7950s about a year ago because of the brutal microstutter in bf3. Only game I've tried was bf4 so far and never had such a butter smooth experience with xfire. (Knock on wood).

Back