Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS IS THE WORST SERVER BROWSER FUCKING EVER.

Apparently you can't join a queue for a server that a friend is in. Fucking awesome. How are we even supposed to play together?

I told you guys Battlelog is the biggest piece of shit DICE has ever wasted their resources on.

But nooooo, I had to have a few fanbois jump down my throat and tell me it was better because it loaded games a couple seconds faster.

I'm glad that now that it's available for the masses to try everyone is seeing the truth.

actually off today and tomorrow from work -- probably calling in sick on Thursday "just because" i want to use some sick days before the years end.

I'm downloading ASS slow right now due to AT&T sucking balls.... although from the sound of it EA and batttlelog are sucking ass too in terms of getting people into games.

I told you guys Battlelog is the biggest piece of shit DICE has ever wasted their resources on.

But nooooo, I had to have a few fanbois jump down my throat and tell me it was better because it loaded games a couple seconds faster.

I'm glad that now that it's available for the masses to try everyone is seeing the truth.

Battlelog does suck ass. The server browser has always been shit in BF games.

Wow I miss steam so fuckin bad.

what exactly would steam do that you are looking for?(curious)

its the second time its been used in 'production', lets hope they can sort it out before oct 25th

Shit is a gigantic upgrade from what Battlelog is.

Even the BC2 server browser is a godsend compared to it.

I hope the BETA is way better than Alpha. I will not preorder, but I am wondering for those of you guys that played Alpha, has the Beta come along ways?

Wow... I'm glad I didn't request today off. Just read through last 15 pages or so. If I had requested the time off, I would have raged from wasting time waiting for the delayed key and then raging about the wait times to get on the servers. Oh well. I will join you guys in the evening I guess.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I guess that sums up this thread at the moment. Good thing I didn't take off work :)

Last edited:
No key in the email :(

Not that it matters sicne I'm at work but I'm getting a bit worried I won't be able to try it out tonight...

It sounds like BF3 is a huge let down after talking to my in game squad members! Good thing I stayed at work...

Okay, this is an illustration of how unintuitive battlelog is.

I genuinely can't figure out how to join a game with a friend. Can someone give me a tutorial?

I tried clicking join with party but it just says cannot connect to server or occasionally generic error 1 has occurred.

There's GOT to be a way to join a server with a friend,

lol at name "computerpro"

dude, no one can get into the servers... everyone is getting that messege, the servers are all either full or messed up.

I came home to test this. I had not received a key or the email stating that I would get a key.

I logged into steam to check for my Medal of Honor CD Key in my Steam library (right click Medal of Honor Single Player and select "View Game CD Key..") and there it was.

Battlefield 3 Open Beta Early Access Key listed under my Medal of Honor CD Key - I entered this into my Origin client and it started downloading. :D

Well poop. I got into a couple games but CTD after about 3 minutes :( I really wish I could unbind keys...I dont want crouch and crouch toggle both to be shift...

So does anyone want to comment on actual gameplay instead of bitching about trivial shit?

Refreshing and fun from the ~40 minutes of my lunch break I spent playing it. There are some strange bugs (one bad one where if you open that chat bar at the wrong time, it stays open and you can't type/press escape/anything) but it was still fun.

Random gameplay videos:
http://stfcc.org/misc/vids/?name=BF3 beta gameplay 1
http://stfcc.org/misc/vids/?name=BF3 beta gameplay 2
http://stfcc.org/misc/vids/?name=BF3 beta gameplay 3

I'm not surprised the game looks like that, it's only a 4GB download. Hopefully the textures are much higher resolution in the final release.

This.

Also i heard that you MUST restart the game in order to change the settings, i already saw some guy posting alot better qualitySS then the ones in this tread, relax guys the game will look good, maybe not like we expected but it will be much better then BC2 and others average looking games.

I played for 2 hours without a single hitch. Was fun times. I've never been more immersed in gameplay.

You're the first one to post anything informative about actual gameplay all morning — thank you.

If you want actual opinions about games, you better come back to the thread a couple days after release.

Otherwise it's just post after post of people cursing the developer's families after being slightly inconvenienced.

I am unable to get the game to launch, and believe me I've been trying! If I can actually get in a queue and not have it time out, I just get "launching game" and then it sits there.....

I have noticed weird overlay issues using Chrome with Battlelog. To the guys that are able to join a server: Which browser are you using? I'm trying IE now and it seems to have fewer issues, but I'm still waiting in the queue...

I have yet to try it, but they may just use the matchmaking system in this beta because there are no 3rd party servers? but for the actual release it will not be that way.

You don't have to use matchmaking. The browser server works just fine.

You're the first one to post anything informative about actual gameplay all morning — thank you.
One thing I can say about the gameplay is it takes a while to get used to the recoil because its is greater than bfbc2. The sight picture is a lot less than what it was in bfbc2. It's more realistic and you have to be aware of your surroundings otherwise someone will flank you. Also the war tapes sound option is ridiculous awesome in 5.1.

One thing I can say about the gameplay is it takes a while to get used to the recoil because its is greater than bfbc2. The sight picture is a lot less than what it was in bfbc2. It's more realistic and you have to be aware of your surroundings otherwise someone will flank you. Also the war tapes sound option is ridiculous awesome in 5.1.

Am I crazy for saying that I'm more excited about the sound than the visuals?

I can get in a server ok (just scan the server list for one with low queue, then join, or keep clicking on servers in your country until one has a free spot), but I get kicked after about 10-15 minutes with 'server lost connection' message in game manager in IE. I tried playing with firewall settings (enabling edge traversal, game was already allowed thru firewall) but no change.

I like the browser plug-in server browser, it needs improvements, but with it being a web page, DICE can improve it constantly without having to patch everyone. Needs pings, though. So does the in-game score screen via Tab. Anyone getting the bug where you can no longer RMB Aim randomly? Goes away after I do a weapon reload it seems.

My review of BF3 beta so far:

Good:
Animations are sweet
Movement feels very fluid
Sounds are awesome
Battlelog is cool - when working
Ranks, scoring, ect menu's are integrated nicely
Gameplay feels in-between BF2 and BFBC2

Bad:
You have to run 3 things to run BF3 - battlelog, the battlelog applet, and origin - holy clusterfuck FAIL
Destruction 2.0 is worse than Destruction in BFBC2
Too much recoil
The game graphically looks on par with BFBC2 - it doesn't look improved
You cannot run BF3 in 'offline' mode at all - even to change settings you must be in-game
Flash's from snipers scopes is extremely lame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back