Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jittery is a feature, not a bug. You're carrying a considerable amount of weight in equipment, don't expect to move around fluidly. As you progress in your BF3 career though, you'll find that your soldier will get stronger and your turning movements become smoother as you gain strength from carrying all the weight around.

LOL
 
EPIC FAIL LOL:p
After all the hype:p

FROM BF3 website:
This is Battlefield 3
BATTLEFIELD 3 IS DICE'S BIGGEST, BEST, AND DEEPEST SHOOTER EVER. WITH OVER 50 INDUSTRY AWARDS, INCLUDING "BEST SHOOTER" AND "BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME", DICE IS TAKING ALL-OUT VEHICLE WARFARE TO THE NEXT LEVEL.



.so much for the 48 hrs advance beta access. Enjoy guys. I will join you once its fixed.
 
Did you reload the game and go back in, as well? I haven't either, just wondering if it requires a full game restart for graphical settings. Just installed FRAPS, hang on a sec.

twitter.com/repi: "If you are testing #BF3 Beta PC perf; restart the level when changing graphics options as some of them are can't change ingame (in Beta)"

how do i change my settings in game???

You have to get on a server, then spawn on the battlefield, then hit Esc to see the config menus. I know, dumb.
 
How do you pick up ammo from ammo kits? That's the one thing I couldn't figure out after I dropped them. E didn't work, reload didn't work, standing next to them didn't work, etc.
 
my only issues have been some screen flickering at random times, just flashes of white and light blue, and i get disconnected from the game consistently after about 20 minutes of playing, and I really dont think it's because of my setup...

I had the same issue, the flickering is annoying as FCK
 
The jittery is a feature, not a bug. You're carrying a considerable amount of weight in equipment, don't expect to move around fluidly. As you progress in your BF3 career though, you'll find that your soldier will get stronger and your turning movements become smoother as you gain strength from carrying all the weight around.

not my soldier. he's going to develop a meth habit and the jittery turning is only going to get worse.
 
EPIC FAIL LOL:p
After all the hype:p

FROM BF3 website:
This is Battlefield 3
BATTLEFIELD 3 IS DICE'S BIGGEST, BEST, AND DEEPEST SHOOTER EVER. WITH OVER 50 INDUSTRY AWARDS, INCLUDING "BEST SHOOTER" AND "BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME", DICE IS TAKING ALL-OUT VEHICLE WARFARE TO THE NEXT LEVEL.



.so much for the 48 hrs advance beta access. Enjoy guys. I will join you once its fixed.

Dont get so upset buddy. After all it IS a BETA LOL. Please do quit though so there is room for more of us :)
 
So guys is the Ultra details in the beta, the REAL Ultra option for the game???

Seems like the idiot on Twitter trolled everyone a few days ago by saying you're gonna need 2 GTX580s to run Ultra but I'm holding out hope that my GTX480 will do fine for 1920x1080...
 
Good idea. Although I know my FPS is NOT low. I was able to leave the server at the top so the game is playable but this jitteryness is annoying.

Correction. You think your FPS is not low, you won't know until you use FRAPS, or get robot eyes installed into your head.
 
You either playing BF3 or crying, which one are you?

Just got back home and the same members still spamming the thread.
 
This is false.

You can quick knife OR equip the knife. It's up to you. It was the same way in Alpha.

I really don't remember that. I remember it being equip knife or nothing. I remember specific posts about it and positive notes on the change.
 
So guys is the Ultra details in the beta, the REAL Ultra option for the game???

Seems like the idiot on Twitter trolled everyone a few days ago by saying you're gonna need 2 GTX580s to run Ultra but I'm holding out hope that my GTX480 will do fine for 1920x1080...

All graphics options are not implemented in Beta, who knows what the final build of the game will run like on Ultra as they will likely optimize the code before release as well as add some more graphics options that will slow it down, probably going to be a horse a piece if you ask me.
 
Crossfire performance is wonky as hell....on the outside portion of the level there is a massive rolling tear/flicker and there feels like some stuttering....

30fps single card feels smoother
 
Crossfire performance is wonky as hell....on the outside portion of the level there is a massive rolling tear/flicker and there feels like some stuttering....

30fps single card feels smoother

flickering seems to be a known issue on all cards...
 
when you change settings and see no visual difference, do you notice a spike in vram usage?

I saw no change, but it was already close to my VRAM limit (1280mb) on my 570 SLI if I recall correctly (I'll have to get back in-game to check, which hasn't been doable for the past hour for me of trying).
 
I saw no change, but it was already close to my VRAM limit (1280mb) on my 570 SLI if I recall correctly (I'll have to get back in-game to check, which hasn't been doable for the past hour for me of trying).

ok, just curious. a post over on OCN said someone with SLI 570's was using all of their available vram on ultra settings....so that jives with what you're seeing.
 
So guys is the Ultra details in the beta, the REAL Ultra option for the game???

Seems like the idiot on Twitter trolled everyone a few days ago by saying you're gonna need 2 GTX580s to run Ultra but I'm holding out hope that my GTX480 will do fine for 1920x1080...

The settings are bugged! your running something like medium/low!
 
Ok, I'm not sure if I'm just seeing things, but I'm seeing very subtle differences in Low vs Ultra. Hopefully "ultra" will have more oomph in the final - seeing the d/l size I'd assume they can have some larger textures there. That being said, I'm already getting 40 FPS with my current rig in 2560x1600... :eek:

Ultra Settings:
http://imageshack.us/f/854/ultradistance.jpg/
Low Settings:
http://imageshack.us/f/99/lowdistance.jpg/

What to look for here: Look at the volume of the smoke, the thickness of the foliage of the trees in the distance. Also, look at the difference in the geometry of the chair legs - on low they are much more simple and it cuts out some pieces.

Ultra Settings:
http://imageshack.us/f/204/ultratree.jpg/
Low Settings:
http://imageshack.us/f/12/lowtree.jpg/

I see practically no difference here. I was thinking I might see the foliage density decrease, but I'm assuming because this tree is in the foreground the game gives it full priority.

Ultra Settings:
http://imageshack.us/f/14/ultrak.jpg/
Low Settings:
http://imageshack.us/f/839/lowbs.jpg/

Again, look at the foliage density and shadow complexity, this shot shows a big difference.
 
How do you pick up ammo from ammo kits? That's the one thing I couldn't figure out after I dropped them. E didn't work, reload didn't work, standing next to them didn't work, etc.

I heard you absorb ammunition from your scrotum in bf3, so you have to teabag the ammo box.
 
I'm having a hard time finding a server to join.

Doesn't seem like I'm able to rebind a lot of the controls as well.
 
Ok, I'm not sure if I'm just seeing things, but I'm seeing very subtle differences in Low vs Ultra. Hopefully "ultra" will have more oomph in the final - seeing the d/l size I'd assume they can have some larger textures there. That being said, I'm already getting 40 FPS with my current rig in 2560x1600... :eek:

Ultra Settings:
http://imageshack.us/f/854/ultradistance.jpg/
Low Settings:
http://imageshack.us/f/99/lowdistance.jpg/

What to look for here: Look at the volume of the smoke, the thickness of the foliage of the trees in the distance. Also, look at the difference in the geometry of the chair legs - on low they are much more simple and it cuts out some pieces.

Ultra Settings:
http://imageshack.us/f/204/ultratree.jpg/
Low Settings:
http://imageshack.us/f/12/lowtree.jpg/

I see practically no difference here. I was thinking I might see the foliage density decrease, but I'm assuming because this tree is in the foreground the game gives it full priority.

Ultra Settings:
http://imageshack.us/f/14/ultrak.jpg/
Low Settings:
http://imageshack.us/f/839/lowbs.jpg/

Again, look at the foliage density and shadow complexity, this shot shows a big difference.

Yeah, there appears to be some very small differences after all, but I'm still leaning towards "bugged" with how tiny they are between min and max settings, especially since the textures aren't changing at all.
 
I got this from another forum and agree 100% so I'll just save myself some time and post this person's words:

Oh come on, how could you make such a basic mistake?

Why am I forbidden from changing my graphical settings, my keybindings or even LEAVING THE GAME unless I am spawned? This isn't right. I should be able to access these settings at my leisure, not have to jump into the game and be at risk of being killed while I fiddle with my settings to make the game playable.

This is a major, major problem. As in... How on Earth is something so daft in the game? Even in the BETA, this is just silly.

Please make it so that you can access the options screen at ANY time, not just while spawned, but while dead, too. Changing my graphical settings while dead is hardly giving me an edge over my opponents - I see no reason whatsoever not to allow me to access it.
 
2 hours in so far, my thoughts below.

Good:
- BattleLog works, snappy response, no problems connecting or loading.
- Gunplay is good, though the game desperately needs a hardcore mode.
- Map is fun to play, reworked I've heard to make it a bit easier for the attackers than it was before. The end stage is fantastic.
- Performance is acceptable. Everything on medium on a single GTX295 and I'm getting around 100fps at 1080p. No AA. Graphics at these settings are good, not great. Not a big deal, I'm on older hardware.

Bad:
- PP2000 is overpowered.
- Sniper glint is too obvious IMO.
- Squad system is retarded, I can't choose my own squad and joining a game with a friend and getting placed in two different squads is stupid.
- I can two shot teammates to death in the chest with a glock, yet it takes like 7 shots to kill an enemy in the same place? Not sure what's up with that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top