Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my MOH LE beta key trough Steam.

Did you receive any sort of notification or anything? Or did it just show up under your CD-keys? That's what I'm waiting on...

EDIT: Nevermind, just showed up for me too.

WTF, if you're getting keys over steam we should be getting emails/access on origin. WTF

captureki.jpg

off work today

woke up early to see my key/download and kick it off

it's not here

fuck you EA -- any sane reasonable person would assumed "Tuesday" means the start of tuesday, not the butt ass end of it.

I'm surprised that I'm getting my full connection speed. Downloading at 3.3mb/s, about 20 minutes to download 3.9 GB.

maaaaaaaaaaan COME ON. How are you guys getting access? MOH keys? This is such crap. ARGH.

WTF, you would think that they would give Origin priority seeing how it's their own damn client. WTF I wanted to get this D/L so it's ready when I get home from work.

this is so stupid... the game isn't even on steam, and yet they're doing a better job of releasing it than origin

Woot, got the beta code through Steam. :cool:

Us who preordered are relying on EA... this could take awhile. I miss steam already! i guarantee you if the beta was on steam, 5:00AM PST it would be ready for download no matter how you gained early access.

so stupid... the game isn't even on steam, and yet they're doing a better job at releasing this than origin is

It probably has to do a lot with the number of keys being given out. There are likely a lot more people with a key coming from an Origin preorder than those who bought MOH on steam. All EA would have had to do is hand steam a batch of keys, and from their its steams problem. Likewise, steam isn't sending them via E-mail, so they probably don't have to go out in waves like they do for origin guys.

Sucks, I know... but we did have to pay for the POS MOH after all.

Yeesh, even if I got my key now, their site is so slammed I can't get it to load for the key input screen at all... just an error on a white screen "Sorry, I could not connect!". I had a feeling this kind of silliness might happen... which is why I was whining before :p.

It probably has to do a lot with the number of keys being given out. There are likely a lot more people with a key coming from an Origin preorder than those who bought MOH on steam. All EA would have had to do is hand steam a batch of keys, and from their its steams problem. Likewise, steam isn't sending them via E-mail, so they probably don't have to go out in waves like they do for origin guys.

Sucks, I know... but we did have to pay for the POS MOH after all.

I bought MOH thinking I would get the early access too...but im an idiot and didnt buy the LE :(

Yeesh, even if I got my key now, their site is so slammed I can't get it to load for the key input screen at all... just an error on a white screen "Sorry, I could not connect!". I had a feeling this kind of silliness might happen... which is why I was whining before :p.

I don't think that website is even required. I popped my key from Steam into origin and it started downloading. After that I was able to login in Battlelog and get squared away with my soldier while the game downloaded.

I bought MOH thinking I would get the early access too...but im an idiot and didnt buy the LE :(

I didn't know it was ever offered in a non-LE version.

I don't have the MoH:LE and I got a key, got MoH during the summer sale. Log out and back in on Steam, might show up.

bf3beeta.jpg

Code:
UPDATE games SET bf3beta='1' WHERE orders.bf3purchasedate < "2011-09-25 23:59:59"

Why are keys being used again?

So I'm guessing this is really going to turn out to be 36 hour early access for those of us with origin preorders, lol.

So I'm guessing this is really going to turn out to be 36 hour early access for those of us with origin preorders, lol.

Yep... I called it, so much for a smooth launch of the "open beta" :(. This... is why we wanted to preload. Key issues, slow deliveries, silly mechanisms for verifying eligibility, inability to even get the site to load due to overloaded capacity, and wanting to have had it downloaded and ready to play when it unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back