• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA's chat support is absolutely horrid. I got my 20% birthday code today and it doesn't work. Playing the nice card gets you nowhere with these people. 1st person said "sorry coupon codes don't work with preorders" which is absolute bullshit .....now I've been "escalated" to Tier 2

wish me luck :rolleyes:
 
mtbush, I'm sorry to break the news to you but the birthday codes don't work on preorders anymore. i already posted that. That was a bug that's since been corrected, so I apologize if you feel you've been ripped off however they were not meant to work with preorders in the first place.
 
mtbush, I'm sorry to break the news to you but the birthday codes don't work on preorders anymore. i already posted that. That was a bug that's since been corrected, so I apologize if you feel you've been ripped off however they were not meant to work with preorders in the first place.

oh well, there goes that idea. I don't feel ripped off by any means, but I've bought EVERY single BF release since 1942...it would have been nice for EA to throw me a bone for a change...

any suggestions where I might be able to pick BF3 for around the same price?
 
Nah, I don't know of any. NewEgg had it for less than $50 a few weeks back, but that's about the cheapest I've seen. Don't trust those "get a CD key the day of release" sites either. They get banned and then you're out the cost of the original key and the cost of a new key. I'm personally buying my copy from Amazon.
 
so if I just bite the bullet and it pay the $60 via EA today can I still get in the beta tomorrow?
 
Has anyone tried to move the Origin games installation folder to a different drive? I just don't want to install the beta on my OS ssd since it is only 2 weeks long anyway.
 
D2D had it for -10% then -10%-25% for preorder before. But it doesn't have it at the moment.

The cheapest place I know of now is Gamersgate, it is 10% off but they will give you 5% back in store points, or D2D is 10% off and you can get 4% back using Fatwallet.

Honestly at this point I'd just wait to see if a deal comes up between now and release. Beta is open anyways. But I'm one of those people that doesn't see the appeal of paying extra to play a beta, much less only 2 days early.
 
We do every single day at work. If you move it, your old games will stay where they are. All the newly downloaded and installed games will move to the new space.

To be clear: Downloaded Games is the one you want to move. You do not want to move Installer Files.
 
Can anyone explain the difference between the EA Master Account/Origin ID/Persona? I downloaded Origin and am trying to register the name I use in BFBC2 but it keeps telling me it's in use. I want my BF3 name to match the one I use in BFBC2 - apparently BF3 uses your Origin ID but I can't fucking register the name. WTF is going on :confused:
 
YankeeDoodle, your EA Master Account/Origin ID are one in the same. You can have multiple personas. Your BFBC2/BF2142/BF2 persona are one. Your EA Master Account/Origin ID are another. If it says you can't register it, probably means that someone else has it regsitered.
 
YankeeDoodle, your EA Master Account/Origin ID are one in the same. You can have multiple personas. Your BFBC2/BF2142/BF2 persona are one. Your EA Master Account/Origin ID are another. If it says you can't register it, probably means that someone else has it regsitered.

I've never had any problem whatsoever with using that name for the past year and now it's taken? Fucking pisses me off
 
We do every single day at work. If you move it, your old games will stay where they are. All the newly downloaded and installed games will move to the new space.

To be clear: Downloaded Games is the one you want to move. You do not want to move Installer Files.

Thanks for your reply. I just want to change the installed games folder temporarily and then when the game launches in oct 25, ill put it back to default. Also, why should I not move the installer files?
 
so that means 7am central time?

Good thing I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday (and calling in sick on thursday) :)

Bad part is my provider is AT&T, and the connection is unstable as hell. Given my experience downloading Dead Space 2 via origin means it will probably take me multiple tries, and many hours to download the expected few GB of game.
 
Because those are different folders. I just wanted to make sure that you understood the different folder things.
 
gonna try to get an EA support person to give me beta access today, gonna give them my order ID for preordering the boxed copy... crossing my fingers :(
 
Ahhhh, it's refreshing to see nice crisp textures in a PC game...

bf32011-09-2701-09-59-13.jpg
 
So are you supposed to get an email or will it just be available in origin? Do I have to contact support or what?
 
Oh boy, I sure hope this holds some weight when I contact EA support for a beta key tomorrow. Keep in mind I ordered the physical copy.

Anurag: Hi, my name is Anurag. How may I help you?
226360----: whats up
226360----: I would like to receive my beta key for my pre order
Anurag: I would like to inform you that it is being send by our development team so I would request you to please wait you will receive one as soon as possible.
226360----: ok
Anurag: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
226360----: okay
226360----: look at my order number tho
226360---: tp confirm im eligible
226360---: order #116972-------
Anurag: Please provide me your order number.
226360-----: Yes you will receive an email soon.
226360-----: are u sure im gonna get BF3 early beta access?
Anurag: Yes
226360-----: Okay im gonna use this chat record as proof if I dont get it tomorow
226360-----: is that okay
Anurag: Who have preordered the BF3 before 25 will be eligible to get early access.
226360------: Okay good, buit in the event if I dont get it can I contact support with this chat reference tomorrow
Anurag: Okay
Anurag: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
226360----: Okay anurag im holding you responsible
226360-----: if I dont get one im gonna have to refer back to you
Anurag: Okay
226360-----: okay ty sir
 
Oh boy, I sure hope this holds some weight when I contact EA support for a beta key tomorrow. Keep in mind I ordered the physical copy.

I was under the impression that early beta access is for Origin pre orders only, I doubt that scamming their support channel will get you a key.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top