Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn cant get D2D order through. Something to do with the phone number:mad:I hope they respond to the ticket

Last edited:
lol I'm glad I'm getting two days early, I'm ready for this shit. :p

Yeah, I kinda got fucked on this deal. I bought MoH LE at Target a couple months ago for $30 thinking "oh man I'm gonna score beta 2+ weeks earlier than everyone else!" Then Dice says 2 days early, and I'm like "yeah, I'm an idiot". I mean the sp wasn't bad for MoH, it's just that I beat it in just about one sitting. The mp is terrible, and after getting used to the camper style gameplay I was constantly being accused of hacking, and got bored with it.

ehh, at least I get it 2 days early, and hell I've dumped thousands into a system just to play BF games, so whats another $30.

None that I know unless you get like a birthday coupon or something.

Can't you just change your birthdate in Origin, then get in chat with a csr, and mention you didn't receive a coupon? I thought I read about people doing this.

Can't you just change your birthdate in Origin, then get in chat with a csr, and mention you didn't receive a coupon? I thought I read about people doing this.

I don't think you can change your birthdate, but even new accounts will get the coupon. ie. create another Origin account and set your birthdate to tomorrow.

Does anyone know how to remove games from Origin? I've still got the BF3 Alpha game icon in my "My Games" section along with ME2, BF3 (pre ordered) etc. How do i remove it? It is uninstalled.

Yeah, I kinda got fucked on this deal. I bought MoH LE at Target a couple months ago for $30 thinking "oh man I'm gonna score beta 2+ weeks earlier than everyone else!" Then Dice says 2 days early, and I'm like "yeah, I'm an idiot". I mean the sp wasn't bad for MoH, it's just that I beat it in just about one sitting. The mp is terrible, and after getting used to the camper style gameplay I was constantly being accused of hacking, and got bored with it.

ehh, at least I get it 2 days early, and hell I've dumped thousands into a system just to play BF games, so whats another $30.

I just told them I had a (false) coupon from newegg, but I would like to buy the game from origin, and they gave me a 20% off coupon lol.

I bought Moh for 7$ at d2d on sale and thought it was a waste if money.Even the single player campaign was average (that's being liberal)

I bought Moh for 7$ at d2d on sale and thought it was a waste if money.Even the single player campaign was average (that's being liberal)

I had a chance to get MoH free and declined. After playing the beta, I never wanted to play the game again.

I still play the MoH multi, I like it a lot.

Ditto- actually, you better like MOH MP becuase it looks to me that BF3 is very similar. Looks like they combined MOH and BC2 to make BF3. MOH could have been an even better game if they came out with more maps and tweaked the MP more. I suspect they abandoned it to work on BF3.

Ditto- actually, you better like MOH MP becuase it looks to me that BF3 is very similar. Looks like they combined MOH and BC2 to make BF3. MOH could have been an even better game if they came out with more maps and tweaked the MP more. I suspect they abandoned it to work on BF3.

I didn't get that vibe from the alpha actually. I also liked MOH but BF3 def. didnt have the same feel imo.

No, it is not a combination of MOH and BC2.

I got MoH:LE free with the BF3 preorder bonus. I'm bored of the Multiplayer already. Feels like a less fun version of CoD4.

Luckily I got Dead Space and Dead Space 2 with the preorder so atleast I got a decent bonus.

whats up with the news that origins has to be on C drive. I have a sata 3 raid setup for my games and a regular 60 gb sata drive for my C drive.Is there a way i can install origin games on my raid setup?

Once Origin is installed you can go into the settings and specify a different install folder for the games on a seperate drive.

Once Origin is installed you can go into the settings and specify a different install folder for the games on a seperate drive.

Except that doesn't like to work correctly. For me I had to reinstall Origin and point it to where I wanted it to be installed, then make a new folder for the game installers in the same place. One or the other always wanted to default to my C drive and would always give me a "directory is in use or invalid" error anytime I tried to move it.

Except that doesn't like to work correctly. For me I had to reinstall Origin and point it to where I wanted it to be installed, then make a new folder for the game installers in the same place. One or the other always wanted to default to my C drive and would always give me a "directory is in use or invalid" error anytime I tried to move it.

You mean you had to reinstall origins on your games drive?

Don't know what to tell you. It worked fine for me. I have the actual client installed on my SSD but all the actual games are on my HDD

And what about removing the Alpha from my Origin library? But i cant remove it. Can no one else remove it?

i mean i want the beta asap, but wouldnt releasing it on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 be kind of weird?

i mean i want the beta asap, but wouldnt releasing it on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 be kind of weird?

not unless you can fly planes into towers/tall buildings and watch them crumble......

wait.....

lol

If I preordered the physical copy from origin store, am I still qualified to download the 48 hour early beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back